How are those rookies doing?

Chiefer

On 8/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, Chiefer said:

Every year i like to gauge how the rookies are doing from each team. Its only preseason but some are already looking great and tracking to be future stars.

Chiefs:

Round 2A: Mecole Hardman WR, Georgia.

FAST and farther along at this stage than tyreek was. Hes expected to see some major playing time.

Round 2B: Juan Thornhill FS, Virginia

Seems to intercept the ball every other day. FAST, he can keep up with the cheetah in man coverage. Just recently named the starter next to HB.

Round 3: Khalen Saunders DT Western Illinois

Small school defensive lineman, ive heard nothing.

Round 5A: Rashad Fenton CB, South Carolina

Again not much.

Round 5B: Darwin Thompson RB, Utah State

Currently the number 2 behind DW, hes been imlressing in camp. Built like a brick house they call him D-Train.lol

Round 6: Nick Allegreti, G/C Illinois

Looking like a solid backup interior lineman

UDFA: Cody Thompson WR, Toledo

Impressed as well, may just keep him on the 53. Has to show up on special teams

Mecole and Thornhill have me super hyped!!!! they’re playing awesome for rookies

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 2:41 AM, goldfishwars said:

We could have drafted both - coming away with one receiver in a deep draft was a terrible idea

I think you guys viewed Harry as gronks redzone replacement 

I thought he was too slow to make it in the league as a wr.

One of my best friends is a college football nut and was in love with Harry. I lost $100 when he was drafted in the first round lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JMG5 said:

CGJ is an absolute steal. He has his rookie moments, but damn has he been good for us.

He will either be our starting slot cornerback or our starting strong safety at the start of next season. 

Jeff Ireland should probably be the top name for open GM jobs this year. His drafting has been phenomenal since he got to New Orleans.

• Like 1

1. Hollywood - great pick so far, can't wait to see him next year when he's fully healthy with the offseason.

2. Traded for Lamar - A+++++++++++++++

3. Ferguson - injuries have forced him to play a lo this year and he's held his own.

3. Boykin - typical mid round rookie WR, blocks well and has made some good catches.

1. RB Andre Dillard (A-)
Has looked great at LT, but bad at RT when he's had to come in at the position in a pinch.

2. RB Miles Sanders (A-)
Has broken the eagles rookie Yard from Scrimmage record and still has 2 more games to go. Can be a true RB1 we haven't had since we traded Shady. Great in the receiving game. He does need to work on his vision, but even that's improving over time.

2. WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside (D)
He's catches a pass here and there, and he is a rookie so I'm not completely giving up on him yet, but he's been more or less a waste of space this year. If you told me we drafted him in the 7th round, I wouldn't have been surprised. He's currently being outshined by 2nd year UDFA Greg Ward who played QB at Houston.

4. DE Shareef Miller (?) 
He looked good in preseason, but honestly we have a lot of rotational young DEs and we're not really sure what to make of any of them right now. This could be an alright pick, it might be a flop. Hard to tell.

5. QB Clayton Thorson (F)
Dude is probably working at a construction company right now frankly.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Jeff Ireland should probably be the top name for open GM jobs this year. His drafting has been phenomenal since he got to New Orleans.

For sure. One of the few that will have busted, and then come back and actually deserved another chance