How are those rookies doing?

Chiefer

Andre Dillard:
He's had a few hiccups, but overall seems to be a great pick, and as expected I still anticipate him to be like Joe Montana to Steve Young for our LT position next year taking over for Jason Peters.

Miles Sanders:
Great receiving runningback, his vision has been very suspect at times and he's got decent elusiveness but isn't super electric in space like some would think. Worth the pick so long as he continues to improve. Last week against the Bears he impressed me because he knew when to just take the 3 yard gains instead of trying to make something out of nothing all the time. You're not your old teammate SaQuon Barkley and you don't have to be fella.

JJ Arcega Whiteside:
Right now it's a real mystery. He's just not really seeing the field, and instead we're fielding 3 of the NFL's worst receivers in the league in Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor, and Mack Hollins. given our TEs and Alshon, we probably wanted to add another receiver with speed rather than a big body guy. I still expect him to be a good player at some point. Right now it's not certain if he's just not grasping the playbook or if our coach is continuing to have inexplicable bias for some of the older players as they have often shown to have during Doug's time. 

Shareef Miller:
Hasn't really seen the field all that much. Probably will fight for the 4th DE position next year with Daeshon Hall and Joe Ostman. Both have shown quite a bit of promise, Brandon Graham will probably be gone in a couple seasons too so we could see Shareef Miller get time on his natural side over there in a few seasons when we part ways with BG.

Clayton Thorson:
Would struggle to make in the XFL, never made the team.

• Like 1

• Ferrell has strung together 2 good games. Had 8 tackles and 2.5 sacks yesterday. 
  • Jacobs is the OROY.
  • Abram hurt week one.
  • Mullen is starting at CB and doesn't look out of place.
  • Maxx Crosby is such a steal in the 4th. Needs to get stronger still but he is all over the field.
  • Isiah Johnson got hurt early and hasn't seen any PT.
  • Foster Moreau is already a very strong #2 TE
  • Hunter Renfrow is developing before our eyes and has started earning the trust of Carr. He's going to be our slot guy for many, many years.
  • Quinton Bell was cut.

UDFA FB Alec Ingold is already in the upper echelon of FB's and P AJ Cole is night and day better than last years pick Townsend.

It's hard not to be stoked with what Mayock has done with this team in such a short period of time.

• Like 2

Taylor Rapp - S - he's playing at an extremely high level. He's made a big impact early doors and I can't see him losing his place as a starter, more likely at ILB. 

Darrell Henderson - RB - he's got great attributes and you feel that it won't be long before he puts his name in the headlines. The OL isn't helping his case at this moment in time, however. He's an elusive back rather than a power runner. 

David Long - CB - a well liked CB but hasn't had his chance yet. Troy Hill came in to support Ramsey when many thought Long would get his chance.

Bobby Evans - T - not played anywhere near enough - three snaps according to the stats. 

Greg Gaines - DI - he's actually done okay when he's had chance. again, like the two above, just not had much chance.

David Edwards - T - he's come in above Evans to play at G. He's actually done a really nice job IMO. I'm no expert on OL play, but we've looked more assured when he came in. 

Nick Scott & Dakota Allen haven't got onto the field yet, I don't think.

Not a bad impact from guys considering how low we were picking in the rounds and our draft approach. Rapp has been a stud. Henderson, Edwards & Gaines respectable. 

Mecole Hardman has been up and down. Great game one week then you dont hear from him. Fumbling kickoffs wont help his case for playing time.

Juan Thornhill is solid. Makes rookie mistake but his range has really helped against big plays.

Khalen Saunders was in the doghouse but was thrust into playing time due to CJ95s injury. Has acquitted himself well and been solid up front.

Rashad Fenton has been starting at nickel corner and has been doing very well. Real sticky on coverage a big reason Stefon Diggs got shut down.

Darwin Thompson still hasnt gotten many real chances to play due to a crowded RB room

Nick Allegreti has been inactive every game.

Oliver has been a solid rotational piece, he's learning and has made some impact plays. Jordan Phillips has been a pro bowl player this year so it's hard to fault him for not breaking through as a rookie immediately and I still have high hopes.

Ford has been injured or bad at Tackle, he's a guard at this level and has shown that he can handle that position so if he can just be healthy he's a good piece.

Singletary has been injured, but when he's on the field he's electric. Totally changes the offense and he'd be in the running with Jacobs for OROTY if he didn't get hurt and miss a month of game action.

Knox has just abysmal hands, but he makes plays every week. Weird player, but he definitely has star potential.

Vosean Joseph got hurt just before the season

Jaquan Jackson is a gunner, graded out as utterly elite and just flew around the field during the pre-season but mans needs a lot of work and we've got two all-pro level safetys on the roster. Probably gets a real look next year.

Darryl Johnson is a rotational pass rusher and has made an impact, hard not to be pleased about getting anything out of a 7th round pick.

Tommy Sweeney hasn't seen the field since Tyler Kroft came back, but helped in the week 1 win against the Jets, potential there but right now he does nothing all that well.

Class has done some good things but aside from Singletary the key theme is "Next year" with these guys.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s beginning to become more and more clear that third-round pick Terry McLaurin was the most undervalued rookie in the 2019 draft process. In his 11 weeks in Washington, McLaurin has put together an 83.6 receiving grade, ranking ninth among all wide receivers. Washington has always struggled in their deep passing game, and the fault falls on both parties (quarterback and receiver). While the quarterback half is still up in the air, the receiver one has been filled with McLaurin, who is PFF’s highest-graded wide receiver on targets of 10-plus yards. It should be a business decision for any defense to not play this man in press coverage and give him the opportunity to run a vertical route, as he will throw the cornerback into a toaster and burn him — McLaurin’s grade on longer throws is unsurprisingly the best in the NFL.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-rookie-rankings-nfl-week-11-2019

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 2

Seattle Update: Week 12

DE LJ Collier - Bounced between heathy scratch and limited snaps. Huge disappointment thus far. Kinda caught in a numbers game, with vets Quinton Jefferson, Branden Jackson, and 2018 3rd pick Rasheem Green eating up most of the snaps at the 5 Tech. Still, you would hope a 1st round pick would have the talent to force himself on the field. Writing was on the wall after LJ missed the entire Camp & Preseason due to injury. Chalk 2019 up for a redshirt I guess.

S Marquis Blair - Fell behind with an injury during PS, and struggled to get back into the mix. BUT started two games and played at a very high level. Problem is he doesn't have a specific position yet. Right now, his strength is as a In-Box safety, but PC seems to envision him as a single high safety. Doesn't have the awareness yet to be trusted in the single high scheme. Plus, Diggs - McDougald are two very good vets at both positions. Currently 3rd in the rotation at S, should still see significant snaps moving forward. 

WR DK Metcalf - Haters gonna hate. I will say, he still needs to refine his game. Not doing a good job on 50/50 balls, and needs to take care of the ball better (2 critically lost fumbles). 

LB Cody Barton - Lost in a numbers game right now. Wright and Kendricks are playing well, and have stayed healthy. Not going to see much of the field with those guys ahead of you. Plays every ST down, and has made a few big plays there. Good learning year, and will probably take over for Kendricks next year.

OL Phil Haynes - Just came off the PUP. Apparently been getting snaps at center with Britt OFTS and Hunt banged up. 

WR Gary Jennings - Healthy Scratch all year, released and claimed by Miami. Amara Darboh 2.0

DB Ugo Amadi - Played extremely well on ST. Really good gunner. Hasn't seen much of the field outside of ST duty. Could be inline to take over Locketts PR-KR duties. 

LB Ben Burr Kirven - Like Barton, numbers game. Key special teams player, and that's probably his role moving forward anyway.

RB Travis Homer - 4th on the depth chart, but does factor in on ST, so suits up every week. CJ Procise is probably on his way out. Homer has been back to return kicks a few times.

DT Demarcus Christmas - PUP => IR

WR John Ursua - Heathy scratch all year. 

What are you guys doing, writing books? LOL  I guess you luv your rooks.  Patriots:

Forgive me but I love LB's, edge rushers. And I remember painfully well when the Patriots had a chance to draft Clay Matthews and let him go to Packers. YIKES!

1. Anyway, the Pats drafted a mini-Matthews, DE Chase Winovich, who **in my book** is a real exciter. Not getting a lot of reps with a good crowded defense but he looks intriguing so far. High energy, non stop motor. Keeper!

2. Punter - Jake Bailey.  The guy can kick deep, ranked 6th best in NFL. He's 22 yo. Last Sunday he really put the screws to Eagles by keeping them buried deep the whole game and may have been the difference in a hard fought game.

Neither make the pro bowl 

Edited by Split the Sticks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I disagree with Schrager. I like the Saints 2017 haul better.

Lattimore, Ramczyk, Kamara, Williams and Hendrickson 

have to give it some time, Raiders are off to a great start and the Saints have had time to develop and show what they can do over a longer period of time. 

Raiders, Saints and the Dak/Zeke/Jaylon draft are all looking like great classes. 

23 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol so pretty much Jacobs:

Except for the sacks, receptions (Jacobs has 17, Renfrow has double that, you also have Moreau with the same as Jacobs, and 7 combined for Ingold and Doss), and scrimmage TDs (which Jacobs plays a big part in with 7 but you also have Renfrow, Moreau, and Ingold with 7 combined). 

Jacobs is a huge part of that no doubt, but it's somewhat foolish to act like all of those numbers are only because of Jacob's success. They aren't. And even if they are that means Jacobs is out-producing other teams entire rookie class in all of those areas. That would still be highly impressive, and it's not the case, nor do I imagine it's typically to see a team lead the NFL in all those areas in a season with one super productive rookie. 

4 hours ago, Dome said:

I disagree with Schrager. I like the Saints 2017 haul better.

Lattimore, Ramczyk, Kamara, Williams and Hendrickson 

I think so too, at this point at least. That's one of the GOATs and has had a long time to assert itself. Whereas the Raider class is only 11 weeks in. 

The top end talent in that Saints class is nuuuuuuts.