How are those rookies doing?

Chiefer

Round 1- Noah Fant-TE-Iowa: What's to say about Fant? He has above average athleticism. He doesn't use his size well which alone has resulted in 3 picks thrown to him where he doesn't even leap for a ball he could catch thust resulting in an easy play for the defender. Runs like a receiver down the seam. Drops too many passes. Blocking is what you'd expect from a rookie as well. Hopefully he can learn that he's 6'5, 250 and most of the guys covering him are not. 

Round 2- Dalton Risner-LG-KSU: Has been our best offensive lineman this year. Best pick we made in the draft this year. Plows dudes in the run game and above average in pass pro. Had a couple mental lapses in the pass game but other than that, he's been a steal. It's not hard to stick out on our OL, but he's far above the rest. Only guy on our team that could probably start on another team. I wish he could play RT or LT to replace the clowns we have at those spots. Went to the Buffalo game and saw his quite literally pick up and drop Ed Oliver on the ground. Nasty disposition.

Round 2- Drew Lock- QB-Miss: What's there to say? He took advantage of a Houston team that didn't show up to play. Mental errors by their defenders made him look like a hero. His mistakes than are blatant and obvious are the ones High School quarterbacks make. Throwing off their back foot across their body. Best case scenario he's a Jay Cutler clone without the personality. 

Round 3- Dre'Mont Jones- DE/DT-Ohio State: Has come along slowly into a pretty damn good interior pass rush while making some splash plays in the run game. I think if Derek Wolfe were to leave or Shelby Harris, or even if we managed to keep them both, he would be a key member in taking over one of our 3 DL spots. Great find here.

Round 5- Justin Hollins- LB- Oregon: We've played him both outside and inside. He's shown good glimpses in both spots. Also, he and AJ Johnson are by far out best coverage LBs. It's not even close. Makes plays in the running game and in pass coverage. Blitzer ahead of his time. I'm hoping he can be a key start for us at ILB.

Round 6- Juwan Winfree- WR- Colorado: Special teamer who is in IR. Not much to say about him. Active for 3 games.

I’m going to be very surprised if Chauncey Gardner-Johnson doesn’t get multiple people bowls. The guys just oozes talent...so good

Deonte Harris made the pro bowl as a returner. Definitely one of the most feared return guys in the NFL. Indy and Tennessee both started just kicking it to the sidelines and giving up the distance because he makes you pay more often than not. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m going to be very surprised if Chauncey Gardner-Johnson doesn’t get multiple people bowls. The guys just oozes talent...so good

Cannibalism has to be some sort of unnecessary roughness penalty, I'm thinking

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Drained said:

What do you guys think of Kyler Murray this late into the season? 

Really promising, looks like a franchise guy (albeit that can change very easily, see Baler Mayfield). But all signs are pointing up with him. 

Our 2nd round CB Taryvon Mullen has looked very good the past few weeks. However he got stretchered off the field today with a head/neck injury. FFS. Our rookies have looked awesome but they are getting banged up. Moreau on IR, Jacobs lingering shoulder injury, Renfrow came back today but missed 3 games, Mullen will likely be out going forward, Abram put on IR week 1...