The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Problem is he's subject to waivers when released from IR. Packers are in the bottom 5 right now in terms of waiver priority being 6-1. So a majority of teams would have to pass on him for us to even get a chance. 

Does he have enough experience to become a free agent?  Or does he pass through waivers?  Given his suspensions, I just don't know where he falls.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So my buddy is blowing up my phone celebrating that apparently GB is sending a second round pick to Cincy for Green.

@Norm assures me that this isn't true and he's browsed the internet.  Probably down there in the bowels of the internet where few dare to go, yet he thrives!  (And thank you, Norm.)

I'd rather take Gordon for a rental than AJ Green and deal with that salary against the cap and the compensation given up to acquire him.

This one makes me nervous on many levels. AJ Green has not been real healthy in three of the last four years. He's 31 year old and going to want a major pay day next year. This is truly a half year rental. For a second round pick, I'd have to pass on that one. 

Give me Williams from the Jets and shore up the run defense and lets roll! 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This one makes me nervous on many levels. AJ Green has not been real healthy in three of the last four years. He's 31 year old and going to want a major pay day next year. This is truly a half year rental. For a second round pick, I'd have to pass on that one. 

You seem excited today!! Did you have a lot of coffee?!! Or you just know it's Friday!!?

Lol

Edited by Norm

18 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yea at this point, if a move gets made, out of the notable names being thrown around, I'd probably rank my preference as: 

1. L. Williams -- I'd give up a 3rd for him

2. K. Drake - I'd give up a 4th

3. D. Wolfe - I'd give up a 4th

4. R. Anderson - I'd give up a 5th

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I know it's not a "need" move, but I still love the idea of adding Kenyan Drake on this team. With how we've started using the RBs in the passing game, adding Drake may seem like a luxury but I could picture LaFleur dreaming up some 3-RB sets with those guys in the passing game that probably would be next to impossible for teams to stop. Added bonus, unlike our current situation, Drake could probably return a KO past the 15 yard line. 

Other teams will probably be willing to pay more if they need an RB, but I hope at least we are having that discussion. 

Drake is not good at football. 

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't want reps taken from two backs in a groove for a back that "might" be good in a new scheme.

Less about the reps, but I don't see it as a upgrade.  JOnes and Williams have been fine.  THey have been alternating good games enough and MLF seems to be wise enough to ride the hot hand with the back that is running well.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:32 AM, Golfman said:

No brainer of all no brainers IMO. WORST case scenario is he signs somewhere else in the off season and we get a 3rd comp in 2021 after getting him for the push this year. Best case is we extend him and he's dominant for 5 more years for us. 

A lot less wear and tear on Clark too as he wouldn't be in as many passing situation plays either. 

I'd do a third and Josh Jackson to be honest and maybe we get a 5th back. 

co-signed. Josh Gordon is washed up, Robby Anderson has had off-the-field issues, AJ Green is past his prime and too expensive as much as I like him. 

Get 'er done Gute!

• Like 1