College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I still would be shocked if all 3 were taken, not disagreeing with your take on the need by these teams.  If Burrow and Young go 1, 2....and 3 of the tackles are off the board by the time we pick, that would leave Okudah, Brown, Epenesa, Jerry Jeudy, Cee Dee Lamb, still on the board.  It also takes into account that Herbert is still there, when many believe he will be drafted by the Chargers.

Some teams may also be in love with Simmons, Delpit, or Yetur Gross Matos

It's going to be a suspenseful ride for sure. 

I hope you're right. I just don't see it yet as those OLine are truly special talents.

The guys that I think could realistically help push the Tackles down to us are Kristian Fulton, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Derrick Brown, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb,

I wouldn't risk it and would trade our 3rd to move up.

I'd bet the house that no team is taking Grant Delpit top 10. I agree that some team could fall in love with Simmons, but him being a raw full-time linebacker with physicality concerns and not at a premium position likely means he goes later. Gross-Matos I actually like a lot and it will be interesting to see where teams see him especially after he blows up the combine. I think there are concerns about his effort in the scouting community and he likely a 15-30 range pick.

We're in striking range. So close... I hope we're not so close but so far.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I wouldn't hate the idea of using the first 2 picks on the Oline, but man....our D was horrible towards the end of the year.  I believe it was explained well in the other thread, but we would need to get some "killers" in FA.  I'm talking Vontaze Burfict types.

I don’t disagree, but only so many holes can be filled... unless you get more draft capital..... by......  😆 

I guess I’d just want to make sure Baker is given every opportunity to succeed and if we have to win some shootouts, so be it

Would anyone hate the idea of swapping picks with Washington, and giving up OBJ, and taking Chase Young at 2 overall?  I am not ready necessarily to cut bait with OBJ like some, but with the depth of WR in this draft, and the possibility of still getting a serviceable Tackle in the 2nd, I would be thrilled to get that talent.

We all saw what the impact that Bosa had on the 9ers, and Young is potentially as good, or better.

We could still end up with a draft that looked like this

1- Young DE

2- Tega-Wanohgo, Isaiah Wilson, or Mekhi Becton OT

3- Mike Pittman, Colin Johnson, Justin Jefferson WR

13 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Would anyone hate the idea of swapping picks with Washington, and giving up OBJ, and taking Chase Young at 2 overall?  I am not ready necessarily to cut bait with OBJ like some, but with the depth of WR in this draft, and the possibility of still getting a serviceable Tackle in the 2nd, I would be thrilled to get that talent.

We all saw what the impact that Bosa had on the 9ers, and Young is potentially as good, or better.

1- Young DE

You just trying to come up with scenarios that make me want to trade UP huh?

Id consider the hell out of it.  Young and Myles would be absurd.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

1- Young DE

Sure, I just don't think Washington would do it.