College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

#eatabag

Sheesh, such a grumpy geezer.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

God damnit nerd not this year. We need the best LT we can get. 

I’m always up for a trade down, but in all seriousness I wouldn’t pass on a LT if one of the top guys is there unless Dorsey is the GM because that goober can’t identify OL to save his life.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sheesh, such a grumpy geezer.

I’m always up for a trade down, but in all seriousness I wouldn’t pass on a LT if one of the top guys is there unless Dorsey is the GM because that goober can’t identify OL to save his life.

Can we just take our top 10 pick, and find a stud?

Pitt traded up to 10 last year and drafted Bush.  I would love to just grab a player of his caliber with the 10th pick.

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Can we just take our top 10 pick, and find a stud?

I mean... idk?  Can we?

This is Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Pitt traded up to 10 last year and drafted Bush.  I would love to just grab a player of his caliber with the 10th pick.

Depends on the offer for me.  I’m not passing up a pair of 1’s for anything other than a top tier LT most likely.

Difference in philosophy, agree to disagree.

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean... idk?  Can we?

This is Cleveland.

Depends on the offer for me.  I’m not passing up a pair of 1’s for anything other than a top tier LT most likely.

Difference in philosophy, agree to disagree.

Just depends on who’s there. 

I mean there’s gonna be a good tackle prospect there.....

Just now, pnies20 said:

Just depends on who’s there. 

Yeah, if they love someone sure.  

i think the offers we may get are just as relevant.  

Just now, pnies20 said:

I mean there’s gonna be a good tackle prospect there.....

Let’s hope so, we need a pair of them... and a DE... and some safeties... and a guard... and some LB’s... 

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, if they love someone sure.  

i think the offers we may get are just as relevant.  

Let’s hope so, we need a pair of them... and a DE... and some safeties... and a guard... and some LB’s... 

You’re 100% right. Realistically, Browns can fill 3 of those with starters if we’re lucky. A lot will be depth/eventual starters.

What if Derrick Brown is available at like 6 or 7? Do you trade up for the next fletcher cox? 

What if there’s a run on OT and you’re guy is still available? Probably don’t trade down. They can get a star at 10. Could put them over the top if we pick the right coaches.

If barkevious Minho is the BPA you trade down 😂

On 12/28/2019 at 8:04 PM, Mind Character said:

Unfortunately, Epenesa is going to go top 10 where he belongs after people doubted him this season. He was able to get the edge with hand technique and edge burst even against a fluid moving highly athletic Tackle that's going OT go top 50 in the draft.

The thing about Epenesa is that he's a big finesse guy. Jackson is exactly the kind of guy he'd excell against.

Jackson is an upside athletic OT but I think your overvaluing him. He's a guy you draft and sit to coach him up. He's not going to help you right away. I feel like that's more of a 4th 5th range unless a team really falls in love.

Epenesa might eventually grow his power to match his fluidity but he's not a physical force upfront. Against stronger, just as athletic OTs I'm a leery about his projection.

I think K'Lavon Chaisson is more powerful upfront and more versatile than Epenesa right now. I love his upside as an edge a lot more.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

The thing about Epenesa is that he's a big finesse guy. Jackson is exactly the kind of guy he'd excell against.

Jackson is an upside athletic OT but I think your overvaluing him. He's a guy you draft and sit to coach him up. He's not going to help you right away. I feel like that's more of a 4th 5th range unless a team really falls in love.

Epenesa might eventually grow his power to match his fluidity but he's not a physical force upfront. Against stronger, just as athletic OTs I'm a leery about his projection.

I think K'Lavon Chaisson is more powerful upfront and more versatile than Epenesa right now. I love his upside as an edge a lot more.

Elite movement skill 6'6" 310+ Left Tackle prospects don't go in the 4th or 5th round no matter how raw they are. And it can't be overstated how elite his movement skills and feet are.

This is a league where players like Eric Fischer and Luke Joeckel go 1st and 2nd overall; where Ereck Flowers goes top 10 overall; where Austin Corbett goes at the top of the 2nd round.

I've voiced a lot of my tremendous concerns about Jackson as a prospect, but all year he consistently flashed his big-time ability along with consistent issues. That will be enough for him to at worst go in the 2nd round.

We see things much differently if you think Epenesa is less powerful than K'Lavon Chaisson. Chaisson is more of a Vic Beasley stand-up 34-OLB as opposed to 43 Defensive End. Power-wise I also see them in different categories and tiers with Epenesa being a real force with a bull rush when he turns it on. Epenesa this year versus his sophomore year had saw less opportunities defensive scheme wise to cut it loose and rush the passer. He often played catch-contain rules or kicked inside as a DT due to Iowa's needs this year. 

There's a lot to like ablout Chaisson, he's a fluid mover and slippery. He has really good instincts and ability to bend around the edge. I think 43 DEs like Epenesa, Julian Okwara and Yatur Gross-Matos are on a tier above players like Chaisson in terms of power, heavy handedness, and impact ability.

We'll see where things shake out as we approach the draft and after, but I'm guessing that at and after the combine Chaisson will be seen exclusively as a 34 Stand-up OLB. He's going to blow the combine up with crazy times too.

I hope that we're in a position to go hard in the trenches throughout the next two-three drafts/fa. Obviously upgrade our LB core and DB depth. At least one big TE. A deep threat WR. A run-stopping DT who can play FB would be able to fill a nice role for us.

LT at 10, OG in the second, RT in F/A, TE and rotational DE in the third. Give Vernon another year (as I can't see us getting an upgrade in FA).

I have no idea of any prospects, but it would be nice if the value would work out.

• Like 1