College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

16 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I'm sorry, that was a miss-type. 

Derrick Brown.

Delpit is my last, I hope one of the other 4 will be there.

I would put Chase Young on there but he obviously will be gone by then.

No worries.

Oh ok cool. There's an argument for Derrick Brown top 10. He's the most powerful DLine man I've seen since Haloti Ngata except no where close to the athlete.

It's not my preference to take Derrick Brown top 10 because he doesn't offer much pass rush wise and top 10 is a lot for a limited function player, but he's an absolute FREAK and we could do much worse (i.e., taking a Safety).

Delpit's not it.

There are some good Safeties in this draft for where value could make sense.

Antoine Brooks Jr.,  SS/NS Maryland (4th to 6th round)

Xavier McKinney, S Alabama (mid-2nd to early 3rd round)

Edited by Mind Character

18 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I'll take your word.  The few times I watched LSU, he seemed to be all over the place, flying around the ball.

He does fly all over the place. There's a lot to like with him. He's not a lost cause or bad prospect... it's just draft position value matters.

He's one of the prospect that in two games an evaluater can fall head over heels for. I loved him. He was one of my favorite prospects after working through 2 games. 16 games later....No Bueno. He has high high games and the lowest of low games where he looks like he should be benched mid-game. 

In the end, the good does not outweigh the bad and that was even more so the case this year though even last year the low lows were horrendous too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

It's not my preference to take Derrick Brown top 10 because he doesn't offer much pass rush wise and top 10 is a lot for a limited function player, but he's an absolute FREAK and we could do much worse (i.e., taking a Safety).

I actually classify constant push of the pocket a form of pass rush, especially without blitzing and from the inside, that's premium.

Also,Bryan Wright from UC has been flashing to me all year, he has really good size, has really high football i.q. and always, I mean always making plays and is an unquestioned leader of the team. He's a guy we need to take a look at mid to late

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I actually classify constant push of the pocket a form of pass rush, especially without blitzing and from the inside, that's premium.

Also,Bryan Wright from UC has been flashing to me all year, he has really good size, has really high football i.q. and always, I mean always making plays and is an unquestioned leader of the team. He's a guy we need to take a look at mid to late

I absolutely agree that pocket displacement into the QBs lap or towards the QB is a premium form of pass rush.

Unfortunately, I didn't see Brown really win consistently or explosively that way on a consistent basis like I'd like. He can do it though and it's a joy to watch. Now, it's hard to tell exactly what he was asked to do or what technique he was coached up with because more often then not he was a hold the point of attack guy in times where I just wanted to see him wreck the game and take the game over with push and interior disruption.

Good sh*t on Bryan Wright. I haven't watched him yet. I'll add him to the list. Whether we retain Schobert or not (especially if we don't), we need to find some mid to late round gems at LB in the event that Mack or Takitaki are the guys.

Do you think he's a guy that it will take a year before he can be thrown into the fire play-ability ise? Or is ready made to suit up his rookie year if he has to?

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Do you think he's a guy that it will take a year before he can be thrown into the fire play-ability ise? Or is ready made to suit up his rookie year if he has to?

Dude already graduated I think and is mature and is always directing traffic on Defense, also I don't know what scheme we would be running but I could see it, he could move up really quickly in camp if he plays like he does at UC. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

No worries.

Oh ok cool. There's an argument for Derrick Brown top 10. He's the most powerful DLine man I've seen since Haloti Ngata except no where close to the athlete.

Delpit's not it.

There are some good Safeties in this draft for where value could make sense.

Antoine Brooks Jr.,  SS/NS Maryland (4th to 6th round)

Xavier McKinney, S Alabama (mid-2nd to early 3rd round)

How is Delpit not “it,” but those other guys are? I think Delpit can be Jamal Adams. We need better lane clearers in the run game. Our edges are terrible partly because our safeties are twats or just bad.

And yeah I’d be all for Derrick Brown. He’s an elite DT. And contrary to your post, I think he’s a heck of a pass rusher for his size. This isn’t Danny Shelton. Brown has fast hands, a nasty arm-over, and can bull rush people right into the QB. I don’t have any pass rush concerns with him as an interior DT. He isn’t Aaron Donald, but I think he could be Suh-like. 

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

How is Delpit not “it,” but those other guys are? I think Delpit can be Jamal Adams. We need better lane clearers in the run game. Our edges are terrible partly because our safeties are twats or just bad.

And yeah I’d be all for Derrick Brown. He’s an elite DT. And contrary to your post, I think he’s a heck of a pass rusher for his size. This isn’t Danny Shelton. Brown has fast hands, a nasty arm-over, and can bull rush people right into the QB. I don’t have any pass rush concerns with him as an interior DT. He isn’t Aaron Donald, but I think he could be Suh-like. 

Delpit was a horrid tackler this year. I think the adv stat said he missed like 20/25% of his tackling attempts this year. Dude wasn’t nearly as good as he was last year. He was ranked top10 in missed tackles. If we went an alley type safety, he might not be it. I would rather have Simmons from Clemson. Now that dude is a versatile stud

Edited by buno67

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

How freaking appropriate is it Tennessee sucks inappropriate and the Browns suck too?  Sheesh Haslams could you please take your illgotten gains and buy a freaking island somewhere and retire?  Sell to someone competent. Please?

Maybe @NudeTayne can infiltrate the Haslam family by catfishing 1 of the daughters.  Yes...

'rubs hands in evil manner'

He will then become son in law, and with 0 experience, instantly become the gm in waiting.

The plan is coming together.

• Like 1

I dont know how you dont draft the best OT on the board at #10 and keep it simple. You technically need to find two of them in this offseason. 1 FA and 1 high draft pick or else we stand the chance for Baker to develop the yipps.

It will also be super interesting to see what happens with Schobert/Kirksey now. Kirk was almost always out the door but I dont know how the change in the FO impacts Schobert. If they let both of them walk, that opens up another massive hole at LB to fill. Im not sure you can ride into next season with Wilson/Taki and feel good about it

If they let Randall walk, that is another massive hole that needs to be addressed with both safety positions.

Im just looking forward to whoever the new GM is and if he values any of the current FAs. If he doesnt, we might be losing a looooot of talent in 1 offseason.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

How freaking appropriate is it Tennessee sucks inappropriate and the Browns suck too?  Sheesh Haslams could you please take your illgotten gains and buy a freaking island somewhere and retire?  Sell to someone competent. Please?

And of course Indiana screws the big ten

19 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Maybe @NudeTayne can infiltrate the Haslam family by catfishing 1 of the daughters.  Yes...

'rubs hands in evil manner'

He will then become son in law, and with 0 experience, instantly become the gm in waiting.

The plan is coming together.

And we'll go 19-0 with the scouting meta-analysis by all of you posters, can confirm. Tayne is, after all, a leader of men.

12 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

@NudeTayne? Care to take the mantle?

Seems kinda rude to call Jimmy's daughter that, but sure, Tayne will knock some sense in the mantle by giving her the ol' kokinis.

Edited by NudeTayne
But just to be crystal clear: Tayne will be taking all the credit. We're gonna be drafting heavy on the Buckeyes.
  • Like 3