College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Just taking the temperature on the room......I'm working on my offseason....

And thinking as a PURE GM type of mindset. So let me start by Saying I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE OBJ......looking as a GM, we have 3 huge contracts coming up, and now with Chubb almost leading the league in rushing....we have 4 big contracts coming up.

Just thinking outside the box.....what is the Brothers opinion on the following trade proposal.

Redskins Get:

Browns 1rst round pick (10) + WR Odell Beckam Jr. + TE David Njoku + 2021 3rd round pick.

Browns Get:

Redskins 1rst round pick (2) + LT Trent Williams

We then use the selection on Chase Young (and his 5 year team friendly contract) to pair with Myles Garret.....

6 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

And thinking as a PURE GM type of mindset. So let me start by Saying I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE OBJ......looking as a GM, we have 3 huge contracts coming up, and now with Chubb almost leading the league in rushing....we have 4 big contracts coming up.

Just thinking outside the box.....what is the Brothers opinion on the following trade proposal.

Redskins Get:

Browns 1rst round pick (10) + WR Odell Beckam Jr. + TE David Njoku + 2021 3rd round pick.

Browns Get:

We then use the selection on Chase Young (and his 5 year team friendly contract) to pair with Myles Garret.....

It would take more, imo

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Redskins Get:

Browns Get:

Having a hard time not seeing this as blowing everything up. If we trade OBJ one year after trading for him--will likely lose value so that lowers the odds--then that will likely piss our best receiver (Landry) off. So then we probably want to trade Landry too. So then...what is our goal here?

And we would be trading Njoku while his value is low as well most likely. Kitchens is gone so why trade Njoku unless they are giving big value? We are practically giving these players away.

All that said, Chase Young could be that good so 🤔. 

Don't see this setup as likely. Honestly, something the other guys are gonna hate..replace OBJ with a franchised Schobert and that could be it.

It's unlikely we do/can trade OBJ for value, and remember that he was playing injured. He may be back to top-five next season so we probably gotta see that play out. 

The real wildcard is Njoku. What value do other teams have on him is a mystery.

Edited by NudeTayne

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Having a hard time not seeing this as blowing everything up. If we trade OBJ one year after trading for him--will likely lose value so that lowers the odds--then that will likely piss our best receiver (Landry) off. So then we probably want to trade Landry too. So then...what is our goal here?

And we would be trading Njoku while his value is now as well most likely. Kitchens is gone so why trade Njoku unless they are giving big value? We are practically giving these players away.

All that said, Chase Young could be that good so 🤔. 

Don't see this setup as likely. Honestly, something the other guys are gonna hate..replace OBJ with a franchised Schobert and that could be it.

It's unlikely we do/can trade OBJ for value, and remember that he was playing injured. He may be back to top-five next season so we probably gotta see that play out. 

The real wildcard is Njoku. What value do other teams have on him is a mystery.

Sorry the 2 players you lose with those draft picks are 2 much

We may get thomas left tackle 

Plus Xavier McKinney s Alabama 

Those players are to talented 

Now if they are willing to talk about

Obj and are 10 then I am listening 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Redskins Get:

Browns Get:

You have to look at it as just trading for Chase Young.

Trent Williams may never pass a NFL physical again. Long before he recently failed his physical with Washington this year it was reported that he may not be able to wear a helmet and absorb repeated contact for the duration of a game or season ever again. Even without the head injury he's missed a lot of games over the past few seasons with severe knee tears and issues as well as other injuries. Assuming all goes well with him passing a physical, he likely only plays at a high level for 2 more years or so during which we'd have to give a massive new contract.

Plugging in a player name at 10 also clarifies what the trade would look like.

Representative Trade Terms would be the following:

Browns Receive: 1.) Chase Young for 4-5 years AND 2.) Trent Williams for 2 years AND a Future 3rd Round pick

Browns Give Up: 1.) Jedrick Wills Jr.//Tristan Wirfs//AJ Epenesa//CeeDee Lamb for 4-5 years, 2.) Odell Beckham Jr. for at least 2-3 years; 3.) David Njoku for at least 1 year; 4.) Jarvis Landry's commitment to the team.

For me, it's premature to bury Odell Beckahm Jr. as a generational talent that has completely lost it or isn't worth keeping on the roster and seeing him healthy.

Even still Chase Young for Jedrick Wills Jr. AND Odell Beckham Jr. wouldn't be worth it at all.

1 Pro-Bowl Caliber Player for 2 Pro-Bowl Caliber players doesn't make much sense especially if one of the players we give up is on the OLine.  

Chase Young is a tremendous talent, but he's not that special. 

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

If we get mcdaniels and we fix the OL, this is going to be the Hunt and Chubb show. Hunt will have 10 catches every game. Need a TE desperately, though.

Im all in on wanting McDaniels now. Second choice is Stefnaski because I trust DePodesta.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Redskins Get:

Browns Get:

No Way. I'd maybe consider it if Williams was younger. Plus, Kitchens was such a disaster running our offense this year that he made Baker regress and OBJ average, but if we get a real offense installed with the new HC/OC, we're in business with Baker, OBJ, Landry, and Chubb being an absolutely lethal attack. Take a stud O-lineman with the 10 pick (or a top 5 BPA type that slides for whatever reason)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

No Way. I'd maybe consider it if Williams was younger. Plus, Kitchens was such a disaster running our offense this year that he made Baker regress and OBJ average, but if we get a real offense installed with the new HC/OC, we're in business with Baker, OBJ, Landry, and Chubb being an absolutely lethal attack. Take a stud O-lineman with the 10 pick (or a top 5 BPA type that slides for whatever reason)

Yeah I want to see some proper coaching before I move on from OBJ.

We all thought this was a top 5 offense 6 months ago, and for good reason.  

Let’s get a competent coach in here and see what we actually have.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Chase Young is a tremendous talent, but he's not that special. 

I don’t agree with this at all. Chase Young is unreal and would give us the best duo of DE’s in NFL history. Tired of getting killed by TEs? With Garrett and youn with Garrett and Young coming off the edges, teams would be forced to keep them in to block. These two would be unstoppable. 

It will never happen though. Chase Young is an untouchable prospect. I wouldn’t be shocked if he went #1. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t agree with this at all. Chase Young is unreal and would give us the best duo of DE’s in NFL history. Tired of getting killed by TEs? With Garrett and youn with Garrett and Young coming off the edges, teams would be forced to keep them in to block. These two would be unstoppable. 

It will never happen though. Chase Young is an untouchable prospect. I wouldn’t be shocked if he went #1. 

How does Chase Young immediately help the Offensive Line? 

If Chase Young is an All-Pro talent, are there any potential All-Pro OLineman available in this draft?

Calling Michael Jordan the best player of all time and Lebron James the 2nd best of all time is choosing between two all time greats and isn't a slight or under-valuing of his talents.

Saying that Chase Young is a Tremendous talent but not so special as to trade a 1.) A Generational Talent in Odell Beckham Jr. AND 2.) All Pro-Talent Jedrick Wills Jr./Tristan Wirfs/Andrew Thomas/Cee Dee Lamb/Kristian Fulton AND 3.) David Njoku AND 4.) Creating a Disgruntled Jarvis Landry ... that is not a de-valuing of Chase Young's ability at all.

I can think both Chase Young is an All-Pro talent and the proposed trade not make sense. Both can be true.

I think there's 3 All-Pro talent Offensive Lineman (Wirfs, Thomas, Wills) that we may be able to acquire via their falling to us or trading up. I don't believe trading one of them plus OBJ and David Njoku for Chase Young and Trent Williams makes sense based on my evaluation of them. We may have differing evaluations.

I think while Young and Garrett certainly have the talent to possibly be one of the better/best DE duos  in NFL History, in a league that's seen the pairings of Lawrence Taylor and Leonard Marshall, Reggie White and Clyde Simmons, Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, and Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith I don't think it would be the certainty you make it out to be. I do get your point that the pairing of Young and Garrett would be special and elite.

You're right, it won't happen. 

• Like 1