College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Delpit was a horrid tackler this year. I think the adv stat said he missed like 20/25% of his tackling attempts this year. Dude wasn’t nearly as good as he was last year. He was ranked top10 in missed tackles. If we went an alley type safety, he might not be it. I would rather have Simmons from Clemson. Now that dude is a versatile stud

hmmm if that's legit, never mind. I didn't watch a whole lot of LSU this year to be honest. But last year that dude was the man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

How is Delpit not “it,” but those other guys are? I think Delpit can be Jamal Adams. We need better lane clearers in the run game. Our edges are terrible partly because our safeties are twats or just bad.

And yeah I’d be all for Derrick Brown. He’s an elite DT. And contrary to your post, I think he’s a heck of a pass rusher for his size. This isn’t Danny Shelton. Brown has fast hands, a nasty arm-over, and can bull rush people right into the QB. I don’t have any pass rush concerns with him as an interior DT. He isn’t Aaron Donald, but I think he could be Suh-like. 

I never said Brooks and Mckinney were "it" as I said the former would be a 4th to 6th rounder and the latter mid-2nd to early 3rd, but I do think their ability combined with where they'll be drafted would be great value. 

If you think Delpit can be Jamal Adams, then we just see things as different as day is from night. I don't know what to tell you man.

I would just simply say whenever you get the spare time between now and the draft watch any 5 games of Delpit this year. Then, watch 4 from last year. I'd bet that if you were truly open to letting the film guide your evaluation then I'd be confident that your opinion and evaluation of Delpit would change tremendously.

I think Grant Delpit is to Jamal Adams what a Nissan is to a Ferrari. Jamal Adams is in a different stratosphere but to each their own.

Yeah, I like Derrick Brown, and he definitely has pass rush ability but he's more of a hold the point of attack guy than a consistent pocket pusher. He flashes the ability to be a major force int he pass rush but doesn't maintain the consistent level. He definitely can bull rush people into the QB but he not a consistent game wrecking force like Suh was in college.

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

hmmm if that's legit, never mind. I didn't watch a whole lot of LSU this year to be honest. But last year that dude was the man.

Yeah he was one of the worst tacklers in the country this year. Can’t believe he won the Thrope over Okudah. He won that from what he did last year and that LSU was great this year as a team

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Alabama pays too well to leave if you’re not a 1st round lock.

Yeah it’s a tough loss for the draft 

we definitely got to get out tackle at 10 and hopefully some stuff falls later. I don’t think we’ll be able to get any decent lineman in FA

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah it’s a tough loss for the draft 

we definitely got to get out tackle at 10 and hopefully some stuff falls later. I don’t think we’ll be able to get any decent lineman in FA

I think a lot obviously falls on who we have as our coach, what they and the GM value.

I think we NEED to replace our RT.  I could see us sticking with Robinson for another year but playing a scheme that is more conducive to shorter blocking windows.  

If we are going to get McDaniels, the patriots have done a VERY good job with lesser talent on the offensive line for quite sometime.

I could see us focusing more on skilled positions at the top of the draft, or, of course, trading down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I think a lot obviously falls on who we have as our coach, what they and the GM value.

I think we NEED to replace our RT.  I could see us sticking with Robinson for another year but playing a scheme that is more conducive to shorter blocking windows.  

If we are going to get McDaniels, the patriots have done a VERY good job with lesser talent on the offensive line for quite sometime.

I could see us focusing more on skilled positions at the top of the draft, or, of course, trading down.

As a backup? Sure. But no way do I want us going into next year with him as our starting LT.

29 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

a part from week 1 & 17 Robinson was ok. If we get a RG and RT we can work with him.

I tend to agree with this.

He’s not gonna be mistaken for Orlando Pace any time soon, but if our RT is solid and we’re able to give Greg some help and game plan a little more intelligently he could be fine for another year.

Obviously we all want an upgrade, but franchise LT’s aren’t all that easy to find and there’s a lot of competition for them.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I tend to agree with this.

He’s not gonna be mistaken for Orlando Pace any time soon, but if our RT is solid and we’re able to give Greg some help and game plan a little more intelligently he could be fine for another year.

Obviously we all want an upgrade, but franchise LT’s aren’t all that easy to find and there’s a lot of competition for them.

11 penalties and 4 sacks allowed, average, but not horrible. 

PFF grade of 67, probably a 70 odd without week 17. 

We have been spoiled for LT play for a decade i guess . 

nothing else though.

Edited by Kiwibrown