College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Thinking Epenesa will test high on strength but not in speed and could be available in the late teens. 🤔 It's all speculation, of course

He might be a little tight in the hips which might affect his ability drills but if he does drop,I'd give up damn near whatever we needed except a 1st or 2nd next year. A stud OT and Epenesa would be bonerjamz

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Some of my favorite value selections for this upcoming draft

Ross Blacklock, DT TCU (Likely in the 4th or 5th because I don't know why)

Netane Muti, LT/OC/OG Fresno State (Likely in the 2nd due to injury concerns)

Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC (Likely 2nd to 3rd because of speed concerns and draft poolpositional depth)

Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina (Likely 3rd to 4th because of speed concerns)

Denzel Mims, WR Baylor (Likely late 2nd to 3rd because of speed concerns)

JK Dobbins, RB Ohio State (Likely mid-2nd to early 3rd round due to positional value)

Jalen Raegor, WR TCU (Likely in the 2nd because of low usage)

Did you get a chance to check out Davon Hamilton. I think he could be a great value guy too, my fear is he's going to blow up after the Senior Bowl. Blacklock is so underrated, he'll be a gem

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Grant Delpit - didn’t continue to improve on 2018 season which bothers me. Could’ve been a top 5 guy.

didn’t continue to improve ? Dude regressed. He was one of the worst tacklers in the nation this past season

46 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He might be a little tight in the hips which might affect his ability drills but if he does drop,I'd give up damn near whatever we needed except a 1st or 2nd next year. A stud OT and Epenesa would be bonerjamz

Did you get a chance to check out Davon Hamilton. I think he could be a great value guy too, my fear is he's going to blow up after the Senior Bowl. Blacklock is so underrated, he'll be a gem

Not yet. I have Davon in the group of Justin Madubuike, Neville Gallimore, and Larrell Murchison that I had on-deck to watch next Monday.

I'll def. watch his tape closely now though.

It would be great to get some of hidden gems to fall down the draft board at DT and NT. We have a long way to go before we're a real force there, and I have question regarding what Larry OGB can really become.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

If Reagor and Dobbins fall to the 2nd that’s highway robbery.

Dobbins could go late 1st. Dane Brugler was just on the radio 2 days ago saying that he can see Dobbins going in the 1st and he knows a few teams that have him as the #1 RB in the draft. There is no way he escapes out of the 1st round especially if he tests well at the combine. He made it sound like there are certain teams that absolutely love him.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I’ve seen really mixed reviews on where Dobbins will end up in the draft. I’ve seen websites where he is ranked as the sixth best running back and other mocks where he is the first running back off the board. Najee Harris, Swift, Jonathan Taylor, and Travis Etienne are all in the mix. You also have guys like Chubba Hubbard, Zach Moss, and Cam Akers in this draft. If I was a team picking at 15, I’m not sure why I would take a running back if I thought I could get a guy so quality a full round later. I know there are teams out there that will do that, but positional value is real. If Dobbins is in fact seen as the best running back in the draft, he will probably still go in the first round. If I am the Browns, sign me up for Cam Akers in the third round. I know we don’t need a running back, but that’s tremendous value, the same return we got for Duke Johnson.  And you never know what can happen with the health at the position. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

If I am the Browns, sign me up for Cam Akers in the third round. I know we don’t need a running back, but that’s tremendous value, the same return we got for Duke Johnson.  And you never know what can happen with the health at the position. 

Do what Philly has done and load up at RB.

I’ve thought about Cam as well.

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve read a little about him, most seem to think he’s a G more than a tackle, but a dominant G.

high 1st round talent with significant long term health concerns.

Yep, this kid has been dominant since his Freshman year.....I remember him coming out of HS....my home down team of USC thought they had a shot at recruiting him LOL. He has been dominant since he set foot on Tenn Campus. IF not for the Blood clots, your talking a guy built in almost identical to Quinton Nelson (smith is a little bigger) and his is physically stronger than Nelson....one of the things that made Nelson so good, is his Technique was polished coming out of College, and he's nasty, and plays through the whistle. Smith dosent have that type of polish yet, but you cant teach some of the things this kid is blessed with.

In one of my Mock Drafts (I got 2, one with the LT in round 1 and one with Derick Brown in round 1.....teaser), if we miss out on a LT in round 1, we grab this kid in round 3 (he slides due to medical concerns) and plug him at RG and keep it moving (in that Draft I also have us grabbing Mekih Becton in round 2 adding about 700lbs of beef to the oline with those two selections...and we either add DJ Humphries to come in, or we bring back Greg Robinson on another 1 year, if nobody else shakes free)

I think he's going to be one of those guys like the DT from Mich that the raiders chose a couple years ago....had 1rst round talent, but had the heart condition....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Dobbins could go late 1st. Dane Brugler was just on the radio 2 days ago saying that he can see Dobbins going in the 1st and he knows a few teams that have him as the #1 RB in the draft. There is no way he escapes out of the 1st round especially if he tests well at the combine. He made it sound like there are certain teams that absolutely love him.

Let me preface this with saying a lot could change if someone gets injured working out (happens every year) or something pops up on the medical, or someone runs 4.31 at the Combine....but short of that, I see 2 RB's going in round 1....and that's swift (UGA) and Taylor (Wisc), I think there will be some value picks at RB this year in the later rounds...Dobbins will fall to day 2 (2nd or 3rd), but he wont fall past day 2.....

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Do what Philly has done and load up at RB.

I’ve thought about Cam as well.

Considering you can get starting quality talent on day 3 many years there’s really no reason not to have 3 studs.

Just like there’s no reason for Hilliard to be on the roster next year.

39 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Yep, this kid has been dominant since his Freshman year.....I remember him coming out of HS....my home down team of USC thought they had a shot at recruiting him LOL. He has been dominant since he set foot on Tenn Campus. IF not for the Blood clots, your talking a guy built in almost identical to Quinton Nelson (smith is a little bigger) and his is physically stronger than Nelson....one of the things that made Nelson so good, is his Technique was polished coming out of College, and he's nasty, and plays through the whistle. Smith dosent have that type of polish yet, but you cant teach some of the things this kid is blessed with.

I love Trey Smith and think he's going to be a stud RG in the NFL, but he's not a superstar prospect. He's very sloppy in space despite being a good athlete. I'd call Trey Smith in the 3rd round a slam dunk, but any earlier and I'd consider it a reach.

• Like 3