College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

41 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Besides acknowledging a potentially legendary receiver class and stellar RB group, is this draft as a whole especially strong/weak/just about average overall?

@pnies20 @DaWg_LB. @MSURacerDT55 @Horseunit @BleedTheClock @candyman93 @Mind Character @DawgX @Bonanza23 @big poppa pump but not @LETSGOBROWNIES because he just a macaw-a** buster.

As much as some do not like the class of OT's, I think there are quite a few to be had. IMO we could get a starter in rds. 1-3.

But as a whole, not so sure about the linebackers, and safeties?  Same with the edge rushers???  TE class is definitely poo.  Obviously we could use an excellent run blocking TE, and we have Njoku (who isn't great imo) for passing downs and red zone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

As much as some do not like the class of OT's, I think there are quite a few to be had. IMO we could get a starter in rds. 1-3.

Agreed.

I really hope we come away with a pair of OL days 1/2.  I think we can snag two long term, quality starters. 

Id go tackle R1, guard on day 2.

Can’t fix everything this year, but we can keep Baker upright.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would like to hear the verbal directions given to that poor girl with daddy issue.

I’m not even sure how one would convey the idea of that to another person.

”Do a split and pretend you are pounding in a nail with your gooch”.  Idk??

😡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Besides acknowledging a potentially legendary receiver class and stellar RB group, is this draft as a whole especially strong/weak/just about average overall?

I can't give an evidenced based evaluation on TEs yet with any real substance (so far that position group looks like a dud, but I hope that doesn't end up being the case), and I'm still working through 43-DTs and OCs  as well (however with both those position groups I've gotten good coverage of the prospects thus far).

With that said, Without getting into Developmental Starter Upside or Developmental Contributor prospects, I see the quality starter to high quality starter talent pool at each position group as follows:

Strongest Position Groups ( 12 or More Quality to High Quality Starters in the Prospect Pool):

1.) WR 

2.) CB 

3.) RB 

-------

Strong Position Groups ( 8 to 12 Quality to High Quality Starters in the Prospect Pool):

4.) OT   

5.) OG

-------

Solid Position Groups (6 to 7 Quality to High Quality Starters in the Prospect Pool):

6.) LB 

7.) OC

------

Weak Position Groups (4 to 5 Quality to High Quality Starters in the Prospect Pool):

8.) 43-DT

9.) 34-NT

-----

Weakest Position Groups (2 to 3 Quality to High Quality Starters in the Prospect Pool):

10.) 43-DE

11.) 34-OLB

12.) Safety

13.) QB

---

Overall prospect pool quality. Solid. Not that Good. Not Great Compared to previous years.  However, it's insanely deep if not deeper than it's ever been at a handful of key positions.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

@pnies20 @DaWg_LB. @MSURacerDT55 @Horseunit @BleedTheClock @candyman93 @Mind Character @DawgX @Bonanza23 @big poppa pump but not @LETSGOBROWNIES because he just a macaw-a** buster.

Deepest draft I've seen at RB in MANY years....not only got the Star Power, but DEEP DEEP DEEP class...if I was a RB with eligibility I might wait....I know RB's have only so many carries, and its better to get paid for them....If I turn Pro this year, I might not get drafted until round 4 or 5 just because of the position value and the Abundance of runners....and if it means getting (making up a number) $100.00 a carry (for the next 4 years) vs waiting a year and getting $400.00 a carry for the next 4 years....that's easy math...

This year on O, QB is top heavy with 2 Elite prospects (Burrow and Tua) and then another 4 good prospects (Herbert, Fromm, Hurts and Eason).....then some of the later prospects I like too....wouldnt mind seeing Diondre Francois (Florida State via Hampton) or Case Cookus (N.AZ) as an UDFA in Cleveland .

WR is historically strong....but I personally dont see the Star power as being there....to me there are a ton of late first round, early second round guy's...it lacks a certain star power to me.

TE is HISTORICALLY weak IMO...I dont have a single 1rst round TE.

OT- Above average-to-good....3 potential top 10 guys....and some very interesting prospects and projects that could develop.

Interior Oline- ???- To me you have some physically impressive guys, but almost everyone has questions, health, or agility, or strength to hold up inside in the pro's, and you have pretty much 2 Centers that will be drafted pretty high...after that, I would wait until LATE day 3...

DE- Well below average (ESPECIALLY if A.J. Epenesa dosent come out)..you got Chase young and Grenaard from UF....after those two its a bunch of either Run Stopping DE's or DPR's (designated pass rusher) who get HANDLED in the run game. Need more ends that can do both.

DT- Below Average year.....you got Derrick Brown (who I have literally been talking about along with Marlon Davidson since they were freshman), he is the Gold standard, DT Kinlaw from SC SHOULD be carrying the same type of Star Power (I been talking about him since Spring Practice LOL), but after those two, there is a LOT of 2 down run stuffers.....which really makes it a Solid year for us, since we have 2 DT's who have some pass rush ability already...we need Hog Mollies and there are some Present.

LB's- I am still gathering Data, but right now....its Poor....but I see two Superstars, Simmons (Clem) and Murray (Okla).....after that, from everything else I've seen so far.....give it the Haslem face:

haslam1.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

CB: is Average to me, very top heavy, but after Okudah and Diggs, all the other CB's have some questions...but a lot of kids that can Run....so they have tools as a group, but not a skilled/polished cover group...and a lot of youngsters in there, technique lacking makes sense. Not a good year to need a day 1 starter. And not a lot of skilled return men. Old Pops Dawg_L.b. use to say....a lockdown CB that can return (PR/KR) is the second biggest team changer besides getting the QB position filled.

Safety: Sneaky Strong...I count Shawn Wade as a Safety (if he's coming, I haven't heard), but there are 4 guys all of whom 1rst round values for me in Order 1. Delpit 2. Kyle Drugger (+ KR/PR) 3. Shaun Wade 4. Xavier McKinney.

Just the way I see it....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I think weak. Lacks depth at core positions.