College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

RIP Bosco and his baby monitor

source.gif

Any gif or meme that has Snoop Dogg in it gets a like. 

Btw I heard a rumor that Bosco had the head of the KGB over his house one night. You know Bosko he went upstairs and started listening in on the baby monitor and well...

Edited by Bonanza23
Didn’t actually happen. Was Secret Service

Mock Off-Season 4.0

Free Agency:

1.) Jimmie Ward, SS-Hybrid 49ers

2.) Joe Thuney, RG New England Patriots -- OR -- Graham Glasgow, RG  Detroit Lions   

3.) Chase Daniel, QB Chicago Bears (Elite Worker)

4.) Joe Schobert, LB Cleveland Browns

5.) Joe Haeg, OG Indianapolis Colts

6.) Jarran Reed, DT Seahawks

7.) Ronald Blair, DE 49ers

8.) Jeff Driskel, QB Bengals

9.) Swing/Back-up Tackle

-------

Mock Draft:

1.) Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama

2.) Prince Tega-Wanogho, LT Auburn

3.) Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame

3.) KJ Hamer, WR Penn State // Denzel Mims, WR Baylor // Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina

***4.) Traded for late late 4th Round Pick and 2, 5th Round Picks

*** 4.) Ross Blacklock, DT TCU

*** 5.) Levonta Taylor, CB Florida State 

*** 5.) T.J. Brunson, LB South Carolina

6) Antonio Gibson, WR Memphis

7.) Marcus Bailey, LB Purdue (Knee)

7.) BPA

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Mock Off-Season 4.0

Free Agency:

2.) Joe Thuney, RG New England Patriots -- OR -- Graham Glasgow, RG  Detroit Lions   

9.) Swing/Back-up Tackle

Do we lose Kareem Hunt?

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Do we lose Kareem Hunt?

I hope not. 

As he's a Restricted Free Agent and not a UFA along with having a lower production year, his contract will not be overly cost prohibitive.

I implicitly assumed we'd keep him; likely putting a 1st round tender on him.

I don't see that as a real free agent decisions but more of a procedural thing.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Mock Off-Season 4.0

Free Agency:

9.) Swing/Back-up Tackle

-------

Mock Draft:

1.) Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama

2.) Prince Tega-Wanogho, LT Auburn

3.) Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame

3.) KJ Hamer, WR Penn State // Denzel Mims, WR Baylor // Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina

***4.) Traded for late late 4th Round Pick and 2, 5th Round Picks

*** 4.) Ross Blacklock, DT TCU

*** 5.) Levonta Taylor, CB Florida State 

*** 5.) T.J. Brunson, LB South Carolina

6) Antonio Gibson, WR Memphis

7.) Marcus Bailey, LB Purdue (Knee)

7.) BPA

Not much of a commitment to the Defense imo.

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, we're going to have to break the bank for this one, as well as get rid of Richardson 

Not at all imo ... not for Jarran Reed ... Suspended 6 games in 2019; Started 10 games; accumulated 27 Tackles; 2 sacks; 0 TFLs

He'll only likely receive a 1-year or 2-year prove it deal ...

Could be 1-year worth of relatively big money based on his 2018 production...

Someone could go out there and spend big money and get wild with it, but I doubt it ..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Not much of a commitment to the Defense imo.

You can't force things because of need.

If need and value match up, then it makes sense.

At every draft selection point there's the opportunity to just take a player at a need position. unfortunately, when the quality of draft pool doesn't match need that means that if a GM is worth their salt they'll pass up on the need position and pick the best player available instead.

Browns defensive needs: SS, FS, LB, DE, DT, 

The Mock-Off-season acquired a starting SS in FAs, drafted 2 LBs that I believe have high quality upside and resigned Schobert, signed Ronald Blair & retained Olivier Vernon leaving Blair/Vernon to start opposite Myles Garrett who has Chad Thomas backing him up; Signed Jarran Reed and drafted starting caliber in Ross Blacklock giving us a forceful DT rotation with Sheldon Richardson and Larry OGB; drafted imo a starter upside CB in Levonta Taylor.

That leaves FS. The Browns may see Sheldrick Redwine as a solution, but likely we'd seek to pick one up via roster cut-down or some other way. Realistically can't fix it all in one off-season so I chose FS as the position we don't completely overhaul b/c Free Agency and the draft don't have great Free Safety solutions.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

Please stop. This guy is terrible.

Keep dreaming on Willis but I think Kmet's the best TE in this class...he'd be a great get.

What games make Prince Tega-Wanogho terrible? Or at least what play traits are you seeing that make you evaluate him as "terrible?" People see evaluations on players differently. 

His tape was consistently really good in pass pro although his struggles in run-blocking at time were real issues. His pass pro tape is representative of his top pass blocking grade in the SEC last year over Jonah Williams and this year he had the 3rd highest.

Pass pro natural talent is the hardest thing to come by and develop for young Tackles. He's not a head up mashing people mover run blocking type of tackle. That's what Auburn required of him. Getting him on the move using his athleticism to block off angles and edges in a zone-run blocking scheme would maximize his abilities and make him a top overall Tackle.

I've appropriately laid out what I called his various "Serious/Severe" deficiencies as well as his strengths in previous posts, but taking into account his full body of work and not just bad plays PTW selected at the 10th pick of the 2nd round, is going to be a great value pick. His deficiencies will prevent him from being selected in the 1st round. 

Against top competition including rushers of all types of skills he displayed consistent ability to get guys blocked in ways that project to a quality starter with developmental high quality upside?

Edited by Mind Character

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

What games make Prince Tega-Wanogho terrible? Or at least what play traits are you seeing that make you evaluate him as "terrible?"

I've appropriately laid out what I called his various "Serious/Severe" deficiencies as well as his strengths in previous posts, but taking into account his full body of work and not just bad plays PTW selected at the 10th pick of the 2nd round, is going to be a great value pick. His deficiencies will prevent him from being selected in the 1st round. 

Against top competition including rushers of all types of skills he displayed consistent ability to get guys blocked in ways that project to a quality starter with developmental high quality upside?

Every time I've seen him I see bad feet and poor balance. I like the Auburn RT Driscoll better.

33 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Every time I've seen him I see bad feet and poor balance. I like the Auburn RT Driscoll better.

I like Driscoll a lot. He gets people blocked and scouts love him. Cole Kmet is my top guy now at TE as well.

PTW has plays where he indeed has sloppy feet and displays uncoordinated balance, but a lot of such plays were in the early part of 2018. 

Poor balance and bad feet aren't a core component of his play traits based on my evaluation.

So, we'll just have to agree to strongly disagree.

We'll see how his evaluation shakes out the closer we get to draft time. I personally think it's going to remain stable unless something happens at the Senior Bowl. 

Right now, he has a ceiling of bottom of the 1st round and a floor of late 2nd round. Senior Bowl performance could push him to a guaranteed top 40 draft selection.

We'll see where things shake out as we approached the draft and whether my evaluation or yours is in alignment with scouts evaluations.

Edited by Mind Character