College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I like Driscoll a lot. He gets people blocked and scouts love him. Cole Kmet is my top guy now at TE as well.

PTW has plays where he indeed has sloppy feet and displays uncoordinated balance, but a lot of such plays were in the early part of 2018. 

Poor balance and bad feet aren't a core component of his play traits based on my evaluation.

So, we'll just have to agree to strongly disagree.

We'll see how his evaluation shakes out the closer we get to draft time. I personally think it's going to remain stable unless something happens at the Senior Bowl. 

Right now, he has a ceiling of bottom of the 1st round and a floor of late 2nd round. Senior Bowl performance could push him to a guaranteed top 40 draft selection.

We'll see where things shake out as we approached the draft and whether my evaluation or yours is in alignment with scouts evaluations.

Fair enough. Although it doesn't really matter to me where a guy is drafted it's more how they turn out. He's a good upside piece of clay guy for a good OL coach but his poor plays just stand out to me a lot more than the good ones. I thought Shon Coleman was more explosive, although a worse pass protector. Prince reminds me a of Ereck Flowers, where he'll have a few solid plays and then one where he's just savaged.

Driscoll doesn't have as much upside but he's decent, though he might be looked at as more of an OG.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Still need offensive line help, but I like Isaiah Simmons from Clemson.

As do I.

He might not be Patrick Willis between the tackles, but he’s a freak of a chess piece along that second level.  Dude can blitz, cover and run sideline to sideline with the best of them.

Every year we poo poo day 1 or 2 linebackers and every year our defense stinks.  It’s  not a coincidence.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As do I.

He might not be Patrick Willis between the tackles, but he’s a freak of a chess piece along that second level.  Dude can blitz, cover and run sideline to sideline with the best of them.

Every year we poo poo day 1 or 2 linebackers and every year our defense stinks.  It’s  not a coincidence.

He's exactly the perfect hybrid for today's NFL. He can excel as a WLB and also push back to a hybrid SS in a 2 high S look while holding his own in the slot. I'd love to have him.

• Like 2

If The OT from UGA is there or the OT from Iowa are there at 10 we take one, with NO hesitation. If those two are not there....I know we need a OT, but I'm not willing to reach for the 3rd best guy at 10.....I would take DT Derrick Brown from Auburn and then come back in round 2 and 3 + 3 with OT Mekehi Becton, OT Trey Adams and OG Trey Smith respectively....adding 1000lbs of beef to the Oline couldn't hurt...

And I LIKE all these prosepcts.....I think Adams and Smith would both be rated higher if it wasn't for health concerns.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

If The OT from UGA is there or the OT from Iowa are there at 10 we take one, with NO hesitation. If those two are not there....I know we need a OT, but I'm not willing to reach for the 3rd best guy at 10.....I would take DT Derrick Brown from Auburn and then come back in round 2 and 3 + 3 with OT Mekehi Becton, OT Trey Adams and OG Trey Smith respectively....adding 1000lbs of beef to the Oline couldn't hurt...

And I LIKE all these prosepcts.....I think Adams and Smith would both be rated higher if it wasn't for health concerns.

To me, there is one more guy in the mix for #10 at OT, and that is Jedrick Wills. Thomas, Wirfs, or Wills would be a perfect pick for #10. Ideally in that order (at least for me). I would love to land back to back OTs. My dream scenario would be Tristan Wirfs in the 1st and Josh Jones in the 2nd. Then it would be perfect to land a quality TE like Hunter Bryant in the 3rd.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Perfect chess piece across the field from Lamar Jackson and those TE’s too.

I'm a firm believer that in order to make your team a good one, at whatever level, your personnel/schemes should be designed to stop your conference/division opponents. That OL and running game, Lamar, and those TE's aren't going away any time soon, barring injury. A hybrid/athletic box player that allows us to have success with 7 in the box WHILE being able to stop the run is key to having a chance at beating Baltimore.

Continuing to ignore this team's sheer inability to stop the run since 1999 is an abject failure of everyone. Granted, our offense's inability to score meaning that they're out of the field more doesn't help, but that's not the only answer.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Continuing to ignore this team's sheer inability to stop the run since 1999 is an abject failure of everyone.

We need to fix our safety situation. We have terrible edge setters in the run game. That's been the biggest problem IMO. Even when our LB's and DL clog their lanes, our safeties are nowhere to be found.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

We need to fix our safety situation. We have terrible edge setters in the run game. That's been the biggest problem IMO. Even when our LB's and DL clog their lanes, our safeties are nowhere to be found.

The last safety we've had with any semblance of an ability to run the alley was Robert Griffith. I'm 100% serious.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The last safety we've had with any semblance of an ability to run the alley was Robert Griffith. I'm 100% serious.

Pretty much. Sean Jones was solid when healthy. That's why my first thought was Delpit, but from what others have said, he was dookie this year.

I'm getting Alohi Gilman in the 4th round. He's not going to time very well, but who cares? We need to fix our run defense to even have the luxury to try and shut down passes.