College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

47 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Strong top 10. Weak everything else. There is a lot of LB depth and some good interiors. Good RBs. That’s about it in terms of depth. 

Would you trade our second rounder straight up for a 2021 first from a non-powerhouse/non-bottom dweller? The value is about even there as far as trade chart.

1st: OT

2nd: trade for '21 1st

3rd: OG

3rd: S/WR

4th: WR/S

? 🤔

Edited by NudeTayne
Like a Buccaneers, Jaguars, Broncos, Colts, Falcons, Raiders, Chargers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I hope he returns kicks next year, for the ravens. 

He has no idea what he is doing on kick return and has 0 contact balance. 

I wanna say he's a KR upgrade on Jabril Peppers, who would just run straight ahead into the first guy.  But I'm not sure I can. 

20 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Would you trade our second rounder straight up for a 2021 first from a non-powerhouse/non-bottom dweller? The value is about even there as far as trade chart.

4th: WR

? 🤔

What about our other 3rd?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I wanna say he's a KR upgrade on Jabril Peppers, who would just run straight ahead into the first guy.  But I'm not sure I can. 

Id take a knee on my own one yard line.id die. If i tried to run it out id get to the 10 and fumble 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id take a knee on my own one yard line.id die. If i tried to run it out id get to the 10 and fumble 

Just go for the touchback.  It avoids the mediocre return coupled with the holding penalty, putting us at the 12 yard line. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

4th: WR

? 🤔

If it is a bad draft i doubt there will be a market for our 2. 

It would have to be a package for our 1. 

21 minutes ago, bruceb said:

What about our other 3rd?

Good catch. Updated to use it and our 4th on a safety and a receiver, depending on if there is value in the third for a safety. Receiver can wait until the fourth, if so.

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If it is a bad draft i doubt there will be a market for our 2. 

It would have to be a package for our 1. 

The theoretical of this is that another team really likes a guy who falls to our pick, perhaps a QB like Eason/Fromm. There's zero reason for us to trade out of pick 10 unless we get an absurd haul or all three top offensive lineman go before us.

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The theoretical of this is that another team really likes a guy who falls to our pick, perhaps a QB like Eason/Fromm. There's zero reason for us to trade out of pick 10 unless we get an absurd haul or all three top offensive lineman go before us.

I want our offensive line issue soughted out before the draft to be honest, that way we do not have to make it happen. 

1 of  Trade the  duke 3 for trent williams, or 2, pay stupid money to conkin as well as keeping robinson at 2 years 7.5 million per year. 

It would put us at 13 million, 9 million, 12 million, 7.5 million and 1-2 million across our 5 starters, so all up a 50 million dollar oline, but we need that line at this stage.id sti draft the best tackle available too. 

There are no great pass rushers putside or the ohio state guy, so its not worth getting into. 

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

3rd: S/WR

4th: WR/S

? 🤔

Depends who’s there. I have a feeling there will be a great interior OL available in R2. If Biadasz doesn’t slip, I sure would. 

12 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I feel like this draft is the perfect draft to get a #3 WR since this class is so loaded at WR

one of our 3rds for a guy like Hamler would really help our offense since it seems like Higgins is likely gone

Yeah I'd love Hamler. Has he declared? He's going to blaze the 40.

EDIT: He has declared.

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 1

Guys/positions I'd love to get on pure need/value combination:

1st: If there is going to be a long term and quality starter at OT, you get him, period. If not, you get BPA, preferably at the DE, DT, LB, S spots, maybe even via tradeback

2nd: I'd love to get a starting caliber S, DE, or DT here, unless you have some steal of a TE staring you in the face

3rd: I think a very rock solid #3 WR type in this round ala DPJ, Cephus, or one of the aforementioned burners is the way to go

4th-7th: Trade for future picks, trade picks for players, and depth along the OL/DL/DB areas.

In free agency, I'd try to get an average to above average starting player at some of the following positions:

DE: Vernon is getting paid a lot and I think a cap casualty

DT: Some type of 2 down rotational 1 Tech would be great

SLB: We need a veteran to go with Schobert and Wilson

S: I'm holding out hope for an above average and capable guy like Vonn Bell here. Safety is a glaring hole, especially with Randall likely gone

IF there is a guy/are guys who can be an answer at the RG/RT/LT spot(s) for a 2-3 year period, sign me up, even if we double up via the draft. A lot of rookies aren't ready to jump in and start due to the new practice contact rules, college schemes, etc. anyway.

• Like 1