College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

20 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I want best LT at 10 and Throckmorton in the second. Tackle problem solved for 10+ years. 

giphy.gif

I don't hate the idea of going back to back o-line in the 1st and 2nd, but have you seen our D?  We would have to load up on Defense the rest of the draft and FA to be competitive.  I get that we really really missed Myles, but our pass rush was anemic.  Our safety's were abysmal, and we don't have an impact Linebacker on this team. 

This Defense needs at least one more stud (besides Myles), some quality starters, and some depth to make it through the injuries, that are bound to happen.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I don't hate the idea of going back to back o-line in the 1st and 2nd, but have you seen our D?  We would have to load up on Defense the rest of the draft and FA to be competitive.  I get that we really really missed Myles, but our pass rush was anemic.  Our safety's were abysmal, and we don't have an impact Linebacker on this team. 

This Defense needs at least one more stud (besides Myles), some quality starters, and some depth to make it through the injuries, that are bound to happen.

Are you saying we need more.... picks? 

;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

WR?

We have OBJ and Landry...literally the thing we need least...besides RB.  The fact the class is deep may be a reason to grab one later.

I would say

OT

S

LB

DE

TE

I mean, behind those two we have nothing, especially if Higgins leaves.

Hunt can split out, as can Njoku, but our 3-5 depth at WR is questionable.

Nothing you can’t fill on day 2-3, but the need is there imo.

• Like 1

Besides acknowledging a potentially legendary receiver class and stellar RB group, is this draft as a whole especially strong/weak/just about average overall?

@pnies20 @DaWg_LB. @MSURacerDT55 @Horseunit @BleedTheClock @candyman93 @Mind Character @DawgX @Bonanza23 @big poppa pump but not @LETSGOBROWNIES because he just a macaw-a** buster.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, behind those two we have nothing, especially if Higgins leaves.

Hunt can split out, as can Njoku, but our 3-5 depth at WR is questionable.

Nothing you can’t fill on day 2-3, but the need is there imo.

Ya I dont know how wr isn't a huge need. 

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Besides acknowledging a potentially legendary receiver class and stellar RB group, is this draft as a whole especially strong/weak/just about average overall?

@pnies20 @DaWg_LB. @MSURacerDT55 @Horseunit @BleedTheClock @candyman93 @Mind Character @DawgX @Bonanza23 @big poppa pump but not @LETSGOBROWNIES because he just a macaw a** buster.

Surpised kiwi not mentioned. Drart expert.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Ya I dont know how wr isn't a huge need. 

Just because it's a #3. That's a need but not a huge need. We could use an elite slot guy, but presumably Ward and Greedy are going to be a top-10 CB1/2. That's pretty much the entire convo.

WR/CB3 aren't always needed on the field. 

tl;dr 3rd round seems a reasonable spot to grab either if the value is there (the talk is that there will be borderline 1st rounders at WR there for the taking in round 3).