College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

28 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

*photoshops @Mind Character into standing on table gif*

So then it goes without saying that you see him as a better college prospect than Zack Martin or Quenton Nelson?

Absolutely.

Nelson didn't have the movement ability but had the better mentality and better awareness/eyes. Wirfs has more raw power than Nelson.

Martin similarly had it all except for the next level athleticism and next level power compared to Wirfs. 

It was so clear watching Zack Martin when he played Left Tackle at Notre Dame that we were watching an all-pro guard. Much like it was as clear as day when watching Brandon Scherff playing Tackle that he was an All-Pro Guard.

The same way it was clear with Martin, Scherff, and Bitonio, it is as clear as day to me and others that Tristan Wirfs is a Guard. The only difference being Wirfs has no deficiencies in terms of raw athleticism or power. His development will be in terms of awareness, decision-making, and advanced technique.

He's the all everything Guard prospect Offensive Line Coaches dream and think about when they portal into the Offensive Line Parallel Utopian Universe whenever they enter transcendent mind states facilitated either via psychotropics or by mental enlightenment.

When we select Wirfs with the GUARD designation....

MWcl0jO.jpg

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I need Thomas or Wirfs somehow 

The real dream of dreams is ...

1 of Jedrick Wills Jr./Andrew Thomas/Tristan Wirfs  AND 1 of Prince Tega-Wanogho/Netane Muti AND 1 of Terrance Steele/Yasir Durant/Austin Jackson

My favorite permutation is Wills / Tega-Wanogho / Steele -OR- Wirfs / Tega-Wanogho / Steele.

If it takes our 1st, 2nd, both 3rd round picks, and a future mid-round pick to accomplish bringing those 3 OLineman in, then that should be our goal.

If somehow we were able to acquire one piece via free agency (Guard: Graham Glasgow or Brandon Scherff) it would free up the draft capital to be used elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Mind Character said:

Not by a wide-margin.

Wirfs is the Better long-term pro-projection Guard prospect compared to Nelson. Nelson out of college was the more mature, better player. Less tools, Lower Ceiling than Wirfs. Higher Floor than Wirfs.

Damn..

Haven’t spent any time watching him, but I absolutely loved Nelson.  No holes in his game, plug and play elite G.

Better than him is hard to imagine, but sign me the eff up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Absolutely.

Nelson didn't have the movement ability but had the better mentality and better awareness/eyes. Wirfs has more raw power than Nelson.

Martin similarly had it all except for the next level athleticism and next level power compared to Wirfs. 

It was so clear watching Zack Martin when he played Left Tackle at Notre Dame that we were watching an all-pro guard. Much like it was as clear as day when watching Brandon Scherff playing Tackle that he was an All-Pro Guard.

The same way it was clear with Martin, Scherff, and Bitonio, it is as clear as day to me and others that Tristan Wirfs is a Guard. The only difference being Wirfs has no deficiencies in terms of raw athleticism or power. His development will be in terms of awareness, decision-making, and advanced technique.

He's the all everything Guard prospect Offensive Line Coaches dream and think about when they portal into the Offensive Line Parallel Utopian Universe whenever they enter transcendent mind states facilitated either via psychotropics or by mental enlightenment.

When we select Wirfs with the GUARD designation....

MWcl0jO.jpg

Now Mind.....you and I are more often then not aligned or prospects.....but this one I have to disagree with you on. While I agree when I saw Sherrif and Martin (and the kid from Texas that Dallas is starting at OG now Conner Williams...and heck Austin Corrbert)

I watched T.W. for two games, esecially the South Cal game....so I could see Aleric, the kid form So Cal and Tristin W. all in the same game. Trisitn W. has RARE movement, agility and C.O.D. skills for a man that size and that Strong. I think he FLAWLESSLY becomes a Day 1 starter at LT in the NFL. 

Alric.....he has some LIMITATION physically, but he's physical, nasty and plays till the whistle.

The Kid from SoCal, Austin Jackson.....has ALL the tool in the world you want in a LT......I do not want his kid, HE IS LAZY, there were a couple plays I saw...one in particular, when Espenesa got his first sack of the game....Jackson had been stonewalling this kid for much of the game, then Espenesa beat him SO EASILY on the play I needed to see it in replay.....Austin Jackson is LAZY, he only plays hard when he feels like it.....IMO......and we DONT need one of them.

Wirrfs is my top rate OT ahead of the kid form UGA.....But BOTH I think are day one starters at LT. (Mechi Becton is a close 3rd)

Who are your top TE's? (dont know if you have already listed them and I missed it?)

My top 3 are 1. Albert Okwuegbunam 2. Jared Pinkney (he can block) 3. Adam Trautman (I have him mocked to us in round 4/5...might not make it now) 4. Harrison Bryant. I havent decided on #5....its between Matthew Wilkerson the kid from Edward-Waters (small HBCU in Florida...I partied there in my college days LOL) and the kid from UCLA who transferred from Michigan (Devin Asias), he can BLOCK and has solid hands....NO SPEED LOL.

P.S.: Also Laughed out Loud at your meme :D

I wish I was like that TONIGHT!!!!!!

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Better than Nelson eh?

I have to concur......Nelson is the best OG prospect that I think I have ever seen come out. Him and Chance Warmak (who did NOT do what he was supposed to do).

Quinton Nelson was the perfect OG coming out of school. He is to OG's what Calvin Johnson was too WR's

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Who are your top TE's? (dont know if you have already listed them and I missed it?)

I agree that Wirfs can play Left tackle and has the ability to be anything he wants.

I just think he'll be best at Guard, and we'll just have to agree to disagree on what his best position is.

I'm not sure that I see Austin Jackson as lazy per se as much as a player that just lacks core awareness and struggles with the mental aspect of the game. In the games of his I've watched.

I don't yet have an evidenced-based Tight-End ranking list that I'm confident in as I've only really studied a handful of prospects. I was going to dive in, but then I got side-tracked by watching the Linebackers as I kept coming across unheralded prospects that had great tape.

I liked Trautman early on as "my guy." Now, my guy is Harrison Bryant, TE FIU. His tape is the most consistent. He's likely to be available in the 3rd round thus not requiring us to spend heavy draft capital on him. He's tough and I think he can do it all although he needs to improve his strength and technique as a blocker.

I'm honestly not a Jared Pinkney guy guy as he's wildly inconsistent and I think he's very much so overrated. If I had to choose between Bryant and Pinkney it would be Bryant by a fair margin. Haven't watched Wilkerson yet but he's on my list of Tight-Ends to watch. 

• Like 1

Tayne's dream is somehow getting one of Wirfs/Thomas AND THEN Epenesa, even if that means trading our '21 1st & 2nd. Is it possible? Probably not, but...🤔🤷‍♂️.

@Mind Character, @LETSGOBROWNIES, @DaWg_LB., @candyman93, @BleedTheClock and order draftnicks, how many bluechips you got in this draft--gonna assume Tua, Burrow and Herbert go top-9, even if a team like the Raiders trade up for one--? And what about next year's draft class at this point? Does it look especially weak or strong?

Would our nerds pull the trigger on banking that other teams would want to roll the dice on our Browns pick as being worth trading our of the first in hopes of us sucking (newsflash: we won't be picking top-10 again for a while).

Edited by NudeTayne
Epenesa
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I agree that Wirfs can play Left tackle and has the ability to be anything he wants.

I just think he'll be best at Guard, and we'll just have to agree to disagree on what his best position is.

I'm not sure that I see Austin Jackson as lazy per se as much as a player that just lacks core awareness and struggles with the mental aspect of the game. In the games of his I've watched.

I don't yet have an evidenced-based Tight-End ranking list that I'm confident in as I've only really studied a handful of prospects. I was going to dive in, but then I got side-tracked by watching the Linebackers as I kept coming across unheralded prospects that had great tape.

I liked Trautman early on as "my guy." Now, my guy is Harrison Bryant, TE FIU. His tape is the most consistent. He's likely to be available in the 3rd round thus not requiring us to spend heavy draft capital on him. He's tough and I think he can do it all although he needs to improve his strength and technique as a blocker.

I'm honestly not a Jared Pinkney guy guy as he's wildly inconsistent and I think he's very much so overrated. If I had to choose between Bryant and Pinkney it would be Bryant by a fair margin. Haven't watched Wilkerson yet but he's on my list of Tight-Ends to watch. 

We seem to be in lock step on TE's.....I like Pickney, but I think he's a little overrated. Right now I dont have a 1rst round rated TE....of course all star games and combine could change this...

Also PLEASE Share your LB list Sir!!!......I GOT Sidetracked watching TE's when I was trying to check LB's LOL, see as if we coordinated....If I ever get Hired as a GM, I need you to come along LOL....A couple of young Prospects I found watching Bowl games.....Minnesota's RT is a MONSTER, Oregon got a LT that is already the Truth as a Soph.....there is also a very young TE I saw..he's a Freshman and will get better, he will be the new beast...let me go back to my notes and find this kid's name....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Tayne's dream is somehow getting one of Wirfs/Thomas AND THEN Epenesa, even if that means trading our '21 1st & 2nd. Is it possible? Probably not, but...🤔🤷‍♂️.

@Mind Character, @LETSGOBROWNIES, @DaWg_LB., @candyman93, @BleedTheClock and order draftnicks, how many bluechips you got in this draft--gonna assume Tua, Burrow and Herbert go top-9, even if a team like the Raiders trade up for one--? And what about next year's draft clear at this point? Does it look especially weak or strong?

No draftnik here, I just parrot what the nerds who are say. 

@pnies20 and @MSURacerDT55 are the ones to ask in addition to the guys you mentioned.

Me personally I’m not touching our ‘21 first. 

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Would our nerds pull the trigger on banking that order teams would want to roll the dice on our Browns pick as being worth trading our of the first in hopes of us sucking (newsflash: we won't be picking top-10 again for a while).

I’m guessing most of us thought that a year ago too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

@Mind Character, @LETSGOBROWNIES, @DaWg_LB., @candyman93, @BleedTheClock and order draftnicks, how many bluechips you got in this draft--gonna assume Tua, Burrow and Herbert go top-9, even if a team like the Raiders trade up for one--? And what about next year's draft clear at this point? Does it look especially weak or strong?

Would our nerds pull the trigger on banking that order teams would want to roll the dice on our Browns pick as being worth trading our of the first in hopes of us sucking (newsflash: we won't be picking top-10 again for a while).

I have 10 total Blue Chippers 5 on Offense and 5 on Defense...

Offense: QB's: Burrow and Tua, RB: KJ Swift, OT's: Thomas and Wirrfs (I know folks will hate me because Jerry Judy is not on the list, but I would take Johnathan Taylor as my Honorable mention RB Wisconsin)

Defense: DT: Derrick Brown, DE Young, OLB/ILB/FS/SS/$.05back Isaiah Simmons, CB J. Okudah, FS/SS Delpit

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No draftnik here, I just parrot what the nerds who are say. 

@pnies20 and @MSURacerDT55 are the ones to ask in addition to the guys you mentioned.

Me personally I’m not touching our ‘21 first. 

I’m guessing most of us thought that a year ago too.

Gonna parrot what a few others have said: Freddie as a coach was as bad as Hue, maybe worse. Just about any decent coach and we are in the playoffs right now. Honestly can't remember when even a Browns coach looked that over his head. Never especially believed in Freddie but trusted Dorsey 🤦‍♂️.

And good tags--forgot to tag those dudes.

• Like 1