College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

-I'm going to say this (and face the criticism) I watch him against physical teams like Ohio State and when I saw him in actually linebacker type of situations got taken for a ride against OT's and TEs, even worse than that, his eye discipline is suspect. I personally would keep him far away from the LOS as possible because I just flat out think he is cut out to be a base player in the box. Now him vs flex TEs and backs, or as a high safety, is another story.....

-I think its oxymoronic to draft him thinking he's going to be a cure to our terrible run defense. I just don't see it

-I think a lot of people are so enamored with what his potential and physical abilities could do that they ignore the fundamental questions.... *ducks*

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

By tackling the running back?

no one single player is going to stop anything on their own. But what he would do is finally give us someone to defend TEs with. 

Obviously it's not that simple, how do you explain the yardage given up by him when tOSU ran right at him? You have to stop the run before you can defend TEs 

Just bringing up legit questions about him

58 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-I'm going to say this (and face the criticism) I watch him against physical teams like Ohio State and when I saw him in actually linebacker type of situations got taken for a ride against OT's and TEs, even worse than that, his eye discipline is suspect. I personally would keep him far away from the LOS as possible because I just flat out think he is cut out to be a base player in the box. Now him vs flex TEs and backs, or as a high safety, is another story.....

-I think its oxymoronic to draft him thinking he's going to be a cure to our terrible run defense. I just don't see it

-I think a lot of people are so enamored with what his potential and physical abilities could do that they ignore the fundamental questions.... *ducks*

I think he's going to be a hell of an OLB. But is he really a cure-all to our problems? Nope. I really don't want to spend a top 10 pick on an outside linebacker, no matter how good he is. Unless he can rush the passer at an elite level.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tanner-muse?id=32194d55-5309-5608-cf11-ed8e106f171c

Late flyer on Tanner Muse? White guy that ran a 4.41. 

I always liked him as an UDFA. Then the jack@$$ goes out and runs a 4.4 and ruins that. 

Despite his times, he’s a big stiff safety that will excel on ST and in certain heavy zone schemes. I don’t think he’ll ever start. But late in the draft? Sure, bring him in! I’d be down for that. 

• Like 1