College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I can't believe Rhule agreed to go to Carolina with Marty Hurney still running the FO. That Turner/Okung swap was special kinds of stupid. I have to assume he's gone next year as the fall guy. The fall guy for what you ask? Carolina is taaaaaaaanking. They're gonna trade Cam as soon as he's healthy enough to pass a physical and run with the poop train of Kyle Allen/Will Grier. They're losing for Lawrence.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I can't believe Rhule agreed to go to Carolina with Marty Hurney still running the FO. That Turner/Okung swap was special kinds of stupid. I have to assume he's gone next year as the fall guy. The fall guy for what you ask? Carolina is taaaaaaaanking. They're gonna trade Cam as soon as he's healthy enough to pass a physical and run with the poop train of Kyle Allen/Will Grier. They're losing for Lawrence.

And the best way to prepare for Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance is to build the Offensive Line.

If the Giants go OLine as they are expected, the Cardinals go OLine as expected, then you add in the Panthers, and Chargers who post combine are "reportedly" not in on Herbert or Tua it all leads to what could amount to the worst of scenarios for the Browns to get a top Tackle.

As much as we'd all love to believe Jordan Love and Justin Herbert are top 10 teams guys, that just might not be th case.

It's going to be a wild ride to the 10th pick on draft day.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

And the best way to prepare for Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance is to build the Offensive Line.

If the Giants go OLine as they are expected, the Cardinals go OLine as expected, then you add in the Panthers, and Chargers who post combine are "reportedly" not in on Herbert or Tua it all leads to what could amount to the worst of scenarios for the Browns to get a top Tackle.

As much as we'd all love to believe Jordan Love and Justin Herbert are top 10 teams guys, that just might not be th case.

It's going to be a wild ride to the 10th pick on draft day.

There’s the doom and gloom I’ve been missing.

• Like 5

If all the tackles are gone it will give us a prime position to trade down, someone will want, ceedee or okuda, simmons, or whatever qb remains. 

If 3 tackles go, 2 qbs, chase, then someone decent will be left over. We need 2020 picks, and more this year. 

I'm burning our second 3rd round pick for the ability to trade up and take Jedrick Wills Jr.

We may hit on a player in the 3rd round or we may trade it for future draft capital, but at this point it's far more important to get a foundational Tackle rather than staying put so we can keep a later 3rd round pick.

Giving up a 3rd round pick to get the clear best Tackle in the draft is a no brainer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I'm burning our second 3rd round pick for the ability to trade up and take Jedrick Wills Jr.

We may hit on a player in the 3rd round or we may trade it for future draft capital, but at this point it's far more important to get a foundational Tackle rather than staying put so we can keep a later 3rd round pick.

Giving up a 3rd round pick to get the clear best Tackle in the draft is a no brainer.

No thanks. He’s the most steady, but I’m not trading up for him. 

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Disagree.

If by steady you mean the head and shoulders above the rest best with a clear All-Pro by year 2 trajectory, then yeah "he's steady."

I agree. 

players I’d trade the duke pick to make sure we secure

Chase

Simmons

Wills

• Like 1