Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I really enjoyed Dying Light.  It wasn't the open world zombie game we need, but I feel like it was the best zombie game I've ever played considering it incorporated some RPG elements to it.

Hoping Days Gone is that open world zombie game you want. I think that looks fantastic

I'll probably snag DG just bc it won't take half a year to finish lol

On 12/28/2017 at 12:02 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

I just been playing horizon a couple days. Still havent figured out what all my character can do atm. And went strait on up to where you pass the mountain heading to Merdian or whatever. Now Im backtracking cause Im only level 12 and everything in front says 16. Currently stuck in the caldron where the machine is being built with the forcefield around it. 

Its decent enough so far though.

Annnnnnd... Beat it. Slightly less than a week. Nice/Weird little game. Looks good. Didnt use but 2 bows and the line you set out that when crossed, blows up. Dont see what point it was to have all those potions and other things. Skipped all side missions and such soon as someone said leveling didnt matter lol. Game went by fast then.

So...I've been out of playing video games for a little while now and I've got an XBox One sitting there being an expensive DVD/Blu Ray player.  What kind of games would you suggest if I wanted to get back into gaming?  I think the last game I played was Black Ops 3 and the futuristic part of the game completely lost interest after a day or two.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So...I've been out of playing video games for a little while now and I've got an XBox One sitting there being an expensive DVD/Blu Ray player.  What kind of games would you suggest if I wanted to get back into gaming?  I think the last game I played was Black Ops 3 and the futuristic part of the game completely lost interest after a day or two.

Are you into shooters? Battlefield 1 is the only game that's really managed to grip me consistently. 

On 12/30/2017 at 10:51 PM, CWood21 said:

Star Wars Battlefront 2.  If you're more into smaller and faster paced games and you enjoy Call of Duty then maybe check out Call of Duty WWII.  Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 are also really fun shooters.

Personally, my favorite shooter is Overwatch.  It's a great game made by one of the best developers/companies ever.  It's a class based shooter, so it's different than pretty much every game I listed above, but it's fantastic and it's on sale for 50% off right now, I believe - I think that sale goes though January 2nd, so there's still a little time left.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:47 PM, JTagg7754 said:

I have about 15 hours or so of Horizon: Zero Dawn left so I'll be in the market for something to hold me over until Days Gone is released. Suggestions on what to play?? The games I own now are: FF XV, CoD III, The Witcher 3, HZD, The Last of Us and I feel that's it. Those are the types of games I like. Feel free to give me recommendations. I don't care how long they've been out either. Hell, way I look at it, the older, the cheaper it is lol.  Was thinking of The Fractured: But Whole

Edit: I do not have PSN otherwise I'd be wasting my time playing Rocket League

It’s retro but if you haven’t played Unchartered 1-4 it’s a must play.  

On 12/30/2017 at 8:52 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Annnnnnd... Beat it. Slightly less than a week. Nice/Weird little game. Looks good. Didnt use but 2 bows and the line you set out that when crossed, blows up. Dont see what point it was to have all those potions and other things. Skipped all side missions and such soon as someone said leveling didnt matter lol. Game went by fast then.

You played and RPG... And skipped the side missions?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Do you need to play them in order? I've always wanted to play 4 bc it looks fun as hell. Never played any of the other

Unchartered 1 is just OK.   But it does help to understand the story arc - which is really great.   After 1 though (which doesn't take long), the 2-4 series are just breathtaking gameplay, and great character arcs.   2-4 are each worthy of PS4 GOTY discussion.  I strongly recommend doing it 1-4 - there's even a trilogy gameset then 4 standalone.

Edited by Broncofan

On 12/30/2017 at 9:52 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

You did better than I. I forced myself to get to the point with the flying eagle dino thing. Kept dying. Finally just quit playing as I realized I was hating every moment of the game.

58 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

You did better than I. I forced myself to get to the point with the flying eagle dino thing. Kept dying. Finally just quit playing as I realized I was hating every moment of the game.

Flying eagle???

Do you mean the stormbird? Because you don't fight one of those until the end of the main quest.