Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

http://shoryuken.com/2019/02/26/the-evo-2019-main-stage-game-lineup-has-been-revealed/

The main stage games for Evo 2019 have been officially unveiled tonight on the Evo 2019 reveal show livestream — and the games are a combination of expected favorites and some new (and not-so-new) surprises:

• Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • Tekken 7
  • BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • SoulCalibur VI
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Samurai Shodown

SF5, DBFZ, Tekken, Ultimate, and MK11 were basically guaranteed. I think EVO almost always has two anime games (BlazBlue and UNIST). And SC6 is probably the biggest new game this year. The only real surprise is Samurai Shodown, at least to what I know. I feel like that is a paid spot though lol. As for Melee, it's not super surprising IMO. The biggest draw of Melee has always been their top 6-7 players and right now, they are kind of in shambles. M2K/Armada/PPMD (If you still consider him lol) all don't play Melee anymore. Mango/Leffen/Plup have all shown interest in playing Ultimate seriously, so that's split time. As for Hungrybox, I'm not sure. I know he plays it casually and even commentated it during Frostbite. I have a feeling at least Plup and Mango will revert back to Melee only, but as of right now, with EVO only six months away, they had a decision to make. Melee is probably the hardest game to set up logistically, is a very old game, and with Hungrybox being the dominant player with Puff, it doesn't even have the "Wow it's super fast and crazy" factor right now. Melee is just on a downward trend this year so EVO took the chance to drop it IMO. I could easily see Melee becoming the top Smash game again next year, but Ultimate is too new and solid enough as an esport for Melee to get a nod over it.

Been playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64 with my 5 year old the last couple of weeks.  The puzzles are too much for him, but he's really into the story and likes to run around throwing bombs and swinging the sword.

I forgot how good this game is.  20+ years later and i still love it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Been playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64 with my 5 year old the last couple of weeks.  The puzzles are too much for him, but he's really into the story and likes to run around throwing bombs and swinging the sword.

I forgot how good this game is.  20+ years later and i still love it.

Nintendo has always done a really good job of making their games age well. I go back to a lot of the old Zelda games (ALttP, OOT, MM, and TP) every year or two, and I never really feel like they've lost anything.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 2:58 PM, Heimdallr said:

One of my favorite games ever.

Quick question for you. Im early in the game still. Whats the best way to reduce radiation? Ive only found 2 RadEx packs so far and dont want to use them. But Im around 20% radiation atm.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Quick question for you. Im early in the game still. Whats the best way to reduce radiation? Ive only found 2 RadEx packs so far and dont want to use them. But Im around 20% radiation atm.

drink more toilet water

47 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Doctors can take care of your radiation for a cost... Can't remember how much but it's not that expensive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

There are 3 ways:

1. build a decontamination arch at your settlement. (this is the best way)

2. Visit a doctor (Covenant, Diamond City, etc.)

3. Rad Away. (Rad Ex prevents rads, Rad Away cures them)

• Like 1