Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 7/3/2021 at 1:35 PM, Matts4313 said:

Has anyone played Immortals Fenyx rising? I was looking at the buy 2-get1 free sell at Gamestop and that looked interesting.

I’ve heard it was surprisingly not bad, very Ubisoft formula. I’ve held out on it in hopes that rumored Uplay integration into Gamepass happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of the loadouts I'll create from time to time in Warzone is a 'No Country For Old Men' inspired one I like to name "Anton Chigurh". It's fun. The heartbeat sensor replicates his tracking device, you can get the silenced shotgun, makeshift molotov he used for the drug store explosion, and they even have an UZI/Tech9 in the game. I removed it about a couple of months ago to make room for some new loadouts I was playing around with, but decided to bring it back yesterday. Only, I couldn't.....

The game actual blocked me from labeling the loadout "Anton Chigurh", and I have no F'n idea why?... It keeps popping up this message saying the name has inappropriate language. Now the only thing I can think of is that in some convoluted way 'Chigurh' sounds like the 'The N Word' with one syllable swapped out. Is that what's going on in your guys' opinion?- cause that's all I can think of and even that's a stretch. 

In the end it doesn't matter all that much because I successfully named the thing 'Anton' and obviously I can select all the same weapons. It's crazy if game companies are going that far though. Banning quasi soundalikes to offensive words used to be something people would joke about in comedy sketches and in standup acts. World is getting weird. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 2:23 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Anyone playing the New world beta? If so how is it? Thinking about giving it a chance when it releases as Ive never played an MMO and would like to give it a shot and see how much entertainment I can get out of it.

Just played the game last night. Its.....okay. Confusing as hell like many other MMOs. Graphics and setting are great though. Ive put about 3-4 hours into it so far and its a lot of 'run here, do this' 'go here talk to this person' 'go collect 20 berries off bushes' ect.

Feels like a lot of errand running so far and I got bored with it pretty quickly. 

Also, I wish there was a far bigger difference in skillsets. Everything seems pretty equal and its not like Path of Exile where you need a healer person, a attack person a fire person a ice person. Even if you pick up different weapons they all feel the same. 

Just wish there was more of a 'Choose your path' type of mechanic where it actually does matter and changes the game based on if your a support player, melee player, distance player, ect. There just doesnt seem to be that level of co-op in New World that other MMOs/Action RPGs have.

Great looking game, good story so far--just feel like the progression system and menus (the guts of the game) are boring and tedious instead of rewarding.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 5:56 PM, Supersuavesky said:

Back on Borderlands 3 after years away. Have come around on it even more; I think it's just as good as 2 and even has a better story.

Yes, I said that.

Playing the DLC now. That's four expansion quest, another questline that shows more lore, and a new set of skill specs for each character. 

Unless they brought Torque back, I don't think I will go back to it.  

I’m trying to stay honest by not buying madden again which is easy cause I’ve heard nothing good about it but it’s hard not buying 2k or any other sports game because I’m trying to grind out an entire career in The Show for the first time and I know if I start another sports game I’ll never come back. But PGA 2K is free this month so I gave it a go and it’s genuinely addicting. Luckily the career mode is absolutely gutted still so it won’t pull me eternally away from the Show. 

I think PGA could be great if they added a career mode where you’re some schmuck new golfer that blades and shanks all his strokes for like 40 yards and stuff and then eventually builds up his ability through practice and putting in the work and becomes a boss. No cutscene blah blah cause that part of 2k and madden is so stale and stupid at this point. But having interactions with other real golfers and maybe a buddy of yours irl starts at the bottom with you and you both make it. Honestly going from driving like 140 yards to like 350 after jacking your attributes would be so satisfying. I don’t get why the “started from the bottom now we’re here” approach isn’t used in more games. Especially need for speed. If I was driving a 1991 Chevy impala on spare tires and 230,000 miles at the beginning and end up finessing my way to a mclaren it would be a pretty sweet game. 

22 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’m trying to stay honest by not buying madden again which is easy cause I’ve heard nothing good about it but it’s hard not buying 2k or any other sports game because I’m trying to grind out an entire career in The Show for the first time and I know if I start another sports game I’ll never come back. But PGA 2K is free this month so I gave it a go and it’s genuinely addicting. Luckily the career mode is absolutely gutted still so it won’t pull me eternally away from the Show. 

I think PGA could be great if they added a career mode where you’re some schmuck new golfer that blades and shanks all his strokes for like 40 yards and stuff and then eventually builds up his ability through practice and putting in the work and becomes a boss. No cutscene blah blah cause that part of 2k and madden is so stale and stupid at this point. But having interactions with other real golfers and maybe a buddy of yours irl starts at the bottom with you and you both make it. Honestly going from driving like 140 yards to like 350 after jacking your attributes would be so satisfying. I don’t get why the “started from the bottom now we’re here” approach isn’t used in more games. Especially need for speed. If I was driving a 1991 Chevy impala on spare tires and 230,000 miles at the beginning and end up finessing my way to a mclaren it would be a pretty sweet game. 

That approach in Gran Turismo 3 made it so much more fun. Starting with a PT Cruiser and building your way up to some awesome cars like the GT40 or the RX-7 (at the time was amazing) made that game so much fun.