GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I know Bears fans want to believe, but the excuse-making isn't based in reality.

This is his 3rd year as a pro. He was the 1st QB drafted. The Bears have invested extensively in a group of players and coaches to support him. We've seen little improvement since year 1. We've seen few standout qualities that say, "This guy is special."

The Bears should be winning games because of Trubisky. They should be able to put the ball in his hands and watch him make plays to win the game. Instead we're left hoping the rest of the team can bring Mitch along for the ride.

Are you trolling?  Serious question:

What the hell is the QB supposed to do on first and 30?  Oh that's right he converted it, and then it got called back on a penalty making it 1st and 40.  The INT was a dumb decision, but can we please stop acting like there was a whole lot of help for the QB from...well...anybody????

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Are you trolling?  Serious question:

What the hell is the QB supposed to do on first and 30?  Oh that's right he converted it, and then it got called back on a penalty making it 1st and 40.  The INT was a dumb decision, but can we please stop acting like there was a whole lot of help for the QB from...well...anybody????

Stop, just stop. Mitch was horrible tonight, there is no defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Callahan is on IR just like he ended last year, not really concerned about that.  Bush I have no idea what he was doing or why Eddie wasnt on the field.  Rodgers saw Mack and Eddie weren't there and he took advantage.

What's going on with Bush is that he is strictly a backup S and not starter material. Yet, Nagy and Pagano played him like he was. 

However, I will say that Nagy/Fangio made the same mistake last year in week 1 and adjusted from there for the better of the team. I just hope they do same here after film study.

11 minutes ago, Pool said:

They dared us to run and they dared us to throw. We failed at both. I just can't for the life of me figure out what in the heck Nagy was thinking for the majority of those play calls. 

They NEVER dared us to throw.  They were scared to death of putting a LB not named Martinez on the field.  Instead they played 6 DBs and for some reason we didnt take advantage of a super soft box.

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

As much as I had faith in him, I must admit,  Mitch is a bust.

Think I might step away from the Bears forum for a bit like piggie, not cause I’m butthurt, but because half of you are borderline ******** lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

They NEVER dared us to throw.  They were scared to death of putting a LB not named Martinez on the field.  Instead they played 6 DBs and for some reason we didnt take advantage of a super soft box.

What exactly do you think playing 6 DB's is doing? Not daring us to throw? lmao c'mon my dude

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Im not sure what you mean. He didn't have anyone to throw to, Smith was right in his face and would have caused a fumble if he tried to go to ARob who had someone in his pocket anyway.  

What I meant was run the ball with the RB!  It was 3rd and a half yard!  He had that option and pulled the ball.  Or they could have made that much with a QB keeper.

Anyway......so much for holding your starters out of preseason games.  They may have been 100% whole physically but Mitch was playing like it was a bad practice session.

Guess Nagy may have to rethink that approach somewhat.

So it's one loss on paper but it pierces deeper than that because 1) It's a loss within the division, and 2) It was THE most important division game.  To be honest guys John Fox and Dowell Loggains could not have done any worse coaching that offense tonight.

Nagy's addiction to passing the ball and once again ignoring the run allowed GB to sit back and blanket receivers and throwing lanes.

I'm no genius but I've watched enough football to know a POS game plan and play calling when I see it and I'm more than just a little tired of watching us get beat because of poor coaching, poor preparation, and complete lack of an ability to adjust on the fly.

So.....as I said.  I'll wait for Nagy's excuses in the AM.  The Trib will be full of them and he's gonna get crucified for being so upbeat about Mitch's progress and confidence.  He was tighter than the Scotsman at a charity bazaar.  He was plain awful not that Nagy helped much.

That's all I got except to say it's shame to waste a defensive effort like that with an offense that looked like they took the preseason off.

Oh.....wait a minute.....they did take the preseason off.  Did Nagy forget to set their alarm clock and let 'em know preseason is over now?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Stop, just stop. Mitch was horrible tonight, there is no defense.

He was bad, but I wouldnt say horrible and again, where was his help.  His OL couldnt protect, his coach kept calling pass plays, there were very few motions/shifts, the WRs other than Arob didnt do much.  His TEs did squat.  There was plenty of blame for everyone

Just now, Tyty said:

Think I might step away from the Bears forum for a bit like piggie, not cause I’m butthurt, but because half of you are borderline ******** lol

I'm borderline in-between that borderline...if that makes any sense...so I'm thinking the same thing. I'm emoitional right now so I should take a step back and collect my thoughts tomorrow.