Broncos @ Raiders Week 1 GDT

agarcia34

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Maybe Gafford since he's fast to help try to replicate some of what we intended to with AB

Yeah, I'd rather call Gafford up as well. He has some special teams value and gives us another burner/deep threat. Our WR group isn't great but with Gafford we'd have 3 guys with legit deep speed/home run ability and two guys that are solid working underneath in Renfrow/Grant. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I'd rather call Gafford up as well. He has some special teams value and gives us another burner/deep threat. Our WR group isn't great but with Gafford we'd have 3 guys with legit deep speed/home run ability and two guys that are solid working underneath in Renfrow/Grant. 

I'm kinda torn since Ateman has ST value as well. Plus he has size. Which only Tyrell Williams has for us at WR. Sure, Waller is big too but I'm just not sure. Wish we just had a legit #1. Oh well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm kinda torn since Ateman has ST value as well. Plus he has size. Which only Tyrell Williams has for us at WR. Sure, Waller is big too but I'm just not sure. Wish we just had a legit #1. Oh well.

Ateman is just so slow though and doesn't really provide that much value outside of being big. Gafford is a burner and we'd have two of the fastest WR in the league with him and Nelson. Doesn't really matter though because our WR core will probably be one of the 5 worst in the league. AB put up more numbers than all of our WR/TE did combined. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Anyone else going to be at the game? I've been at the home opener for the last 3 years. Ticket prices have dropped tremendously over the last few days. Thinking about going...

Saving my money for a couple A’s playoff games. This team is gonna be trash. 

I’ll go to the home opener in Vegas. 

On 9/7/2019 at 9:44 AM, agarcia34 said:

Darren Waller benefits the most from this. Dude has a chance of a life time. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Raiders line him up at WR. 

I thought the same thing.  Waller will get more time and targets.  We'll see who lines up opposite Williams; Likely Nelson and what will Renfrow's role be?  This could be a debacle tomorrow.

On 9/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, NJ Raider said:

Guys have to see that video of him celebrating his release and use it as motivation. He slapped everyone in that locker room in the face with that. 

Definitely not like the Mack trade bc the players did not know AB as well. I’m not expecting us to win a bunch of games but hoping we are pissed off enough to be competitive. Pats definitely tampered.

The speed at which they signed him plus the knowledge that Brown was trying to get released is enough to warrant having someone somewhere look into it.

1 hour ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I thought the same thing.  Waller will get more time and targets.  We'll see who lines up opposite Williams; Likely Nelson and what will Renfrow's role be?  This could be a debacle tomorrow.

Williams/Nelson will play on the outside, Renfrow will play in the slot, and Grant/Doss will move around the field. 

I would start JJ and Williams. Nelson is a vet and and we could use his speed in the lineup so defenses don’t stack the box for Jacobs. JJ is one of the fastest players in the NFL and he has had big games in the past. Let Hunter be the slot and master that role. grant is a good vet for insurance. Give Doss a few snaps to get his feet wet. I really think he has WR2 potential. It will take time, but he reminds me of Rod Streater 

Edited by Humble_Beast