Broncos @ Raiders Week 1 GDT

agarcia34

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Tired of this argument. Yes, QBs struggle with pressure. But some will hang in and deliver the ball in the face of it. We've seen enough of Carr now under pressure to know his entire game breaks down. He starts hearing footsteps and doesn't want to look anywhere but underneath to get the ball out. 

This is a prove it year for Carr. He needs to show with this talent, he can lead the team and make play off schedule. 

Whatever you say man. Not gonna get into a back and forth with you on this. The issue has been drowned. We aren't gonna change each other's minds. The added bonus for me is that if and when Carr excels in this offense, I get rub it in your face that we are successfully. In the other case, you would be saying I told you so in losses. Do you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

Suspend AB84 the first half. Let him come back in so we can win the game. The news this morning was such a morale killer.

1/2 game is what I was thinking.  Get him to apologize to the team and move on.  There is plenty of cause to cut him loose later on if he doesn’t perform and if his antics continue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daineraider said:

1/2 game is what I was thinking.  Get him to apologize to the team and move on.  There is plenty of cause to cut him loose later on if he doesn’t perform and if his antics continue.

If we could just get through the season with him and then draft some WRs early, it would be a win IMO.  I didn't think he'd cross the line until he threatened to hit Mayock.  Hopefully they work through this. We'll see soon enough.

• Like 1

There's no working through this. If you don't suspend him, you're telling him he's allowed to do whatever he wants and you're telling the rest of the team you're weak. AB won't learn from this just because he was benched for one half! He's out of control. Getting rid of him is obviously a huge blow for this season but it's definitely the best option if you care about the rest of the team.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

There's no working through this. If you don't suspend him, you're telling him he's allowed to do whatever he wants and you're telling the rest of the team you're weak. AB won't learn from this just because he was benched for one half! He's out of control. Getting rid of him is obviously a huge blow for this season but it's definitely the best option if you care about the rest of the team.

1000000%. Love AB the player and wanted to see him have the best Raider Receiving season since Tim Brown.... but he needs to go IMO.

If management wants to suspend him 1-2 games with a big fine and give him one last chance, I'll be on board. But he is down to his LAST chance already. And I think I would cut him at this point.

• Like 1

So what's the odds on a riot between the fanbase?!?  I was invited but no way I want to go and see us turn against each other. We see it in these threads and I could easily see it happen at a game. Last season in Oakland could be a bloody one. ONLY WINNING can unite us. We need these first two games more then we realize. Get your popcorn ready because we WILL be the most talked about team a second year in a row. Go RAIDERS!!!

I haven't paid attention to the Broncos, but I think on paper to me they look really improved from last year.

Bolles, Risner, McGovern, Leary, Juwaun James is definitely a new look. I'm far more scared of Flacco than Keenum. Lindsay returns. Heurman/Fant has potential but I don't think it's realized this year.

Defensively it looks like our guy Shelby Harris has found himself a starting spot which is cool. Gotsis and Wolfe flanking him. Chubb and Miller returning but Josey Jewell was a guy that had some fans as a prospect here on the inside. I don't get why they have all nickle corners (Harris and Callahan) and no boundary corners. Like the one guy I thought would be a boundary corner Kareem Jackson is listed as their SS. 

I think that means Kareem is on Walller, Harris probably on AB. Callahan surely still plays the slot right and will cover Renfrow? So Tyrell should be our WR that has a mismatch in the passing game.  Outside of crossing routes and passes to a height mismatch in Tyrell, I think the main focus of ours should be running Josh Jacobs at the gap between Adam Gotsis and Shelby Harris, but I'm not sure if that would be behind Kolton Miller and a replacement guard which seems like trouble, but regardless that looks like the weakness of their d on paper to me, and if I remember right Josey had lateral movement issues so could be exploitable through the second level if they can hit it right. I can't wait until Gabe Jackson is back.

Edited by Trojan