Broncos @ Raiders Week 1 GDT

agarcia34

The big story line shouldn't be cutting AB, it should be we have no guards. No Incognito and no Gabe Jackson is going to be rough. Really really rough. That's Kolton Miller against Chubb with our 3rd or 4th guard max for help, unless we put a not-Darren Waller TE there to block. That means Moreau as his first game as the double team which is rough. Trent Brown has to stop Von. That's kinda a toss up, but I'm not liking this OL v. DEN DEF front. 

I don't think Gruden has ever faced a Vic Fangio defense. Carr has twice, one win (SF '14)and one loss (CHI '15). I'd say we are not favored, but if Kolton Miller can hold off Chubb and the reserve guards not fold we have a chance.

Edited by Trojan

20 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The big story line shouldn't be cutting AB, it should be we have no guards. No Incognito and no Gabe Jackson is going to be rough. Really really rough. That's Kolton Miller against Chubb with our 3rd or 4th guard max for help, unless we put a not-Darren Waller TE there to block. That means Moreau as his first game as the double team which is rough. Trent Brown has to stop Von. That's kinda a toss up, but I'm not liking this OL v. DEN DEF front. 

I don't think Gruden has ever faced a Vic Fangio defense. Carr has twice, one win (SF '14)and one loss (CHI '15). I'd say we are not favored, but if Kolton Miller can hold off Chubb and the reserve guards not fold we have a chance.

Chubb has two sacks minimum this game 

I expect Miller to get a lot of help with Trent Brown getting no help. Time for Kolton to put on his big boy pants and show some progress. At least Good will be playing RG. Left side of the line is a question mark. We will find out early if it will be a cause of concern. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I’m expecting a close loss but if we get blown out like Miami, fire everyone from Mayock to the waterboy. 

In all seriousness I think the only person to get fired will be the waterboy if we get blown out because Gruden will have to pin the blame on someone not named Gruden or hired by said Gruden.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

In all seriousness I think the only person to get fired will be the waterboy if we get blown out because Gruden will have to pin the blame on someone not named Gruden or hired by said Gruden.

Waterboy won’t be fired then... probably his nephew or something. 

Even the Strength and Condition Coach is his son who has never coached before and multiple players on our team from last year said our Strength and Condition Program was the biggest joke they’ve ever seen, worse than high school. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Waterboy won’t be fired then... probably his nephew or something. 

Even the Strength and Condition Coach is his son who has never coached before and multiple players on our team from last year said our Strength and Condition Program was the biggest joke they’ve ever seen, worse than high school. 

His son being on staff was part of what I implied.  We might a third Gruden next year also.