Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

No doubt, not at all down playing that.

But we didn't start intentionally targeting their backups with runs.

We did post run MVS down the deep middle for a huge gain and post up Graham in the endzone.

All goes hand in hand. The threat of a pass rush is a lot less with those two big guys out too. Dix was solid, I don't think it can be viewed any other way. 

• Like 1

So why can’t Amos be an upgrade for us and HaHa still be a descent player? We all know that when he wants to he is or can be very good. We also know he is up and down and the reason we signed Amos is because he is almost always assignment sure. So yeah HaHa had a good game and we still got an upgrade at the position.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

All goes hand in hand. The threat of a pass rush is a lot less with those two big guys out too. Dix was solid, I don't think it can be viewed any other way. 

What else do you want from a safety? Pitched a shut out in coverage, and was tied for 2nd on the team in tackles without a miss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are we done diminishing former Packers for the sin of being former Packers?

Well, this makes sense except, really, he is benefiting from being on the leagues #1 defense with arguably the best front 7 in the league.

Dix is OK. Amos looks better. That’s not a crazy take at all. 

Of course Dix playing with our **** defense exaggerated how bad he was so he’s probably somewhere between the two impressions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

But guess who was the highest rated player in the whole game.....

HAHA CLINTON-DIX...I swear PFF is just playing a joke on everyone with these grades. From what I can tell HaHa did his job, nothing more, nothing less but you cannot tell me he was ELITE in that game.

I was surprised by his physicality last night but then again he had something to prove against the Packers. I thought he played well but 90 seems pretty high; PFF also had Kentrell Brice as our highest rated player last year in the first game when he really didn't play that well at all. Seems like they give really high grades just for being around the ball a lot which safeties tend to be even if they don't make great plays. 

3 hours ago, Cheech said:

When I was younger I was blinded by Favre's great moments so much so that I had a hard time even thinking about his faults.  I vividly remember Sal P's critical piece on Favre and his poor playoff performances in the 2nd half of his career.  I was pissed.  5 years later I realized Sal was absolutely right.

Rodgers simply has to change the way that he plays the game or the game is going to pass him up.  So far, he's refused to improve his footwork.  He's refused to keep the tempo high from snap to snap.  He's refused to take what the offense design has given him and has consistently tried to hit big plays outside of the design of the offense.  

The result was 10 points.

Yes, the line must play better.  Yes, we're going to face a much different front 7 the rest of the year, but an ugly win should never gloss over the turf that was laid last night.

Wow, you are a hard one to please.  It was their first game of the year at their house against a top notch defense without a snap of preseason play running an entirely new offensive scheme.  An ugly win last night was a beautiful all told.  Take a chill pill and give him 8 games ... evaluate him then.    

54 minutes ago, Reaper said:

So why can’t Amos be an upgrade for us and HaHa still be a descent player? We all know that when he wants to he is or can be very good. We also know he is up and down and the reason we signed Amos is because he is almost always assignment sure. So yeah HaHa had a good game and we still got an upgrade at the position.

Intentional, Hah !