Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

ESPN: Green Bay's 10-3 victory on Thursday night averaged 22.7 million viewers on NBC as well as the network's and NFL's digital platforms. The viewer figures were released by the network and compiled by Nielsen and Adobe Analytics. This year's game saw a 16% increase over last year, when an average of 19.6 million watched the Philadelphia Eagles defeat the Atlanta Falcons. The audience peaked at 23.9 million viewers between 9:15 and 9:30 p.m. EDT.

Wondering, how did the season end the last time the Packers beat the Bears 10 - 3?

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Check out the 1932 standings.

I know that year. The Packers folded down the stretch and the Bears won the title with a bunch of ties. I think it was a record for ties.

I like the results better from my question.

Edited by Donzo

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would say Savage is what they wanted Josh to be. Greene is what he easily COULD have been had his head not been up his ... and he decided he would only play safety or pout. 

Wasnt jones more of a in the box strong saftey? I initially thought he would take over for burnett. Savage is more of a Free to me.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Wasnt jones more of a in the box strong saftey? I initially thought he would take over for burnett. Savage is more of a Free to me.

Possibly, I just don't think anyone takes a safety top 64 anymore to play in the box. Unless you're Gruden and stuck in the 90s. Jones was a 4.4 guy so it's not like he wasnt an athlete that could be rangy.

Have to believe the defense in reality isn't quite as good as it looked, and the offense isn't quite as bad.  I'd like to think that the defense was playing closer to it's actual level.

Wasn't expecting the OL to be dominated the way it was.  I expected the Bears DL to come out ahead overall, but I sure expected more resistance from the Packers OL. 

I expect the offense will look a lot smoother when Rodgers is more accurate on the easy throws.  A few poor throws made things a lot tougher than they needed to be, but thankfully no harm done.  I think a lot of it was just getting the rust off, and the offense will be fine a month from now.

I pray the defense can stay healthy for a change.  I recognize that Trubisky isn't the greatest challenge they'll face, but I can't remember the last time I came away from a game thinking the entire defense played well.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I would say Savage is what they wanted Josh to be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jones drafted to be a complement to HHCD, with two nominally interchangeable safeties but one who is better at that single-high and one who is better in the box/alley?  So I think Savage might be more what they hoped Clinton-Dix could be.

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers' stats against the Bears: 18 for 30 (60%), 1 TD , 0 INT, 6.8 yards per attempt, 91.4 QB rating. By today's standards, that's an average performance, but I'll take a statistically average performance against that kind of pressure, with no running game, in the debut game of a new offense. Back in the 70s, when defense reigned and stats were not worshipped like they are now, QBs like Staubach, Bradshaw, and Greise would be praised for that kind of performance in a winning effort. Obviously Rodgers was far from perfect and needs to clean some things up, but he deserves kudos for his performance, and I do think he looked better than he did for most of last season. Although the defense was primarily responsible for winning the game, one way to look at it is that both defenses played about equally well and the Packers won the game because their QB played better than the Bears' QB. Rodgers was still a difference-maker, even with a performance that was subpar for him. 

• Like 3