Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

Acme Packing: Snap Counts

OFFENSE (64 plays)

Quarterbacks - Aaron Rodgers 64
Running Backs - Aaron Jones 38, Jamaal Williams 26, Danny Vitale 11
Wide Receivers - Davante Adams 62, Marquez Valdes-Scantling 42, Geronimo Allison 32, Trevor Davis 19, Jake Kumerow 1
Tight Ends - Jimmy Graham 35, Marcedes Lewis 34, Robert Tonyan 20
Offensive Linemen - David Bakhtiari 64, Lane Taylor 64, Corey Linsley 64, Billy Turner 64, Bryan Bulaga 64

DEFENSE (73 plays)

Defensive Linemen - Kenny Clark 56, Dean Lowry 47, Montravius Adams 22, Tyler Lancaster 14, Fadol Brown 3
Outside Linebackers - Preston Smith 72, Za’Darius Smith 67, Kyler Fackrell 23, Rashan Gary 6
Inside Linebackers - Blake Martinez 73, Raven Greene 56
Safeties - Adrian Amos 73, Darnell Savage 73
Cornerbacks - Jaire Alexander 73, Tramon Williams 73, Kevin King 42, Tony Brown 27, Josh Jackson 3

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

Acme Packing: Snap Counts

OFFENSE (64 plays)

Quarterbacks - Aaron Rodgers 64
Running Backs - Aaron Jones 38, Jamaal Williams 26, Danny Vitale 11
Wide Receivers - Davante Adams 62, Marquez Valdes-Scantling 42, Geronimo Allison 32, Trevor Davis 19, Jake Kumerow 1
Tight Ends - Jimmy Graham 35, Marcedes Lewis 34, Robert Tonyan 20
Offensive Linemen - David Bakhtiari 64, Lane Taylor 64, Corey Linsley 64, Billy Turner 64, Bryan Bulaga 64

DEFENSE (73 plays)

Defensive Linemen - Kenny Clark 56, Dean Lowry 47, Montravius Adams 22, Tyler Lancaster 14, Fadol Brown 3
Outside Linebackers - Preston Smith 72, Za’Darius Smith 67, Kyler Fackrell 23, Rashan Gary 6
Inside Linebackers - Blake Martinez 73, Raven Greene 56
Safeties - Adrian Amos 73, Darnell Savage 73
Cornerbacks - Jaire Alexander 73, Tramon Williams 73, Kevin King 42, Tony Brown 27, Josh Jackson 3

1.18 RBs per play

1.39 TEs per play

2.44 WRs per play

+++

1.98 DL per play

2.3 OLBs per play

1.77 ILBs per play/1 ILB per play (if we're calling Raven Greene a safety)

2 Safeties per play/2.77 (Safeties per play if we're calling Raven Greene a safety)

2.98 CBs per play

+++

Average defensive alignment was pretty much a straight Dime.

+++

• 20% of your snaps having 2 RBs is a little rough, but I'll eventually probably stop hating it so much.
  • That WR pecking order looks pretty clearly established.
  • 34 snaps for Marcedes Lewis is NOT what you're looking to see. The man is 35 and wasn't a great runner back in the day.
  • Offensive line stayed healthy. That's not to be overlooked. 
  • Nothing really of note on the DL.
  • The Smiths are goiong to need more snaps off. We can't realistically expect them to keep that count up. This may be a thing where they play more for the division games and get more time off against other opponents. Hopefully the Thursday night kickoff had something to do with it. Gary should be playing more than that, and I've been handed the Gary hater hat by people around here.
  • Raven Greene playing almost an entire game at ILB is going to be my argument from now on as to why you don't spend heavy at ILB. 3 points, 46 yards rushing for the Bears offense in a game when they literally could have run the entire game.
  • We know who our dudes are at Safety. Both played very well.
  • Is Tramon the #2 or was King on a pitch count? If it's the former :( If it's the latter to what extent will they be sharing snaps? Gotta wonder how Josh Jackson is feeling this morning.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1.18 RBs per play

1.39 TEs per play

2.44 WRs per play

+++

1.98 DL per play

2.3 OLBs per play

2 Safeties per play/2.77 (Safeties per play if we're calling Raven Greene a safety)

2.98 CBs per play

+++

+++

• 20% of your snaps having 2 RBs is a little rough, but I'll eventually probably stop hating it so much.
  • 34 snaps for Marcedes Lewis is NOT what you're looking to see. The man is 35 and wasn't a great runner back in the day.
  • The Smiths are goiong to need more snaps off. We can't realistically expect them to keep that count up. This may be a thing where they play more for the division games and get more time off against other opponents. Hopefully the Thursday night kickoff had something to do with it. Gary should be playing more than that, and I've been handed the Gary hater hat by people around here.
  • Raven Greene playing almost an entire game at ILB is going to be my argument from now on as to why you don't spend heavy at ILB. 3 points, 46 yards rushing for the Bears offense in a game when they literally could have run the entire game.
  • Is Tramon the #2 or was King on a pitch count? If it's the former :( If it's the latter to what extent will they be sharing snaps? Gotta wonder how Josh Jackson is feeling this morning.

I think Tramon is the slot corner, and King is the #2 outside splitting time with Brown due to King's "pitch count".

The basically played 3 corners all game so that is why the numbers look like they do.

Tramon looks to have taken one snap from Brown, is my interpretation, which makes sense because Brown still needs some improvement.

Edit- make that Tramon  and Josh Jackson took 4 snaps from Brown.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think Tramon is the slot corner, and King is the #2 outside splitting time with Brown due to King's "pitch count".

The basically played 3 corners all game so that is why the numbers look like they do.

Tramon looks to have taken one snap from Brown, is my interpretation, which makes sense because Brown still needs some improvement.

Edit- make that Tramon took 4 snaps from Brown.

I'm just thinking that you would hope King is getting the reps against the 2 WR sets. No telling where those receivers are going to lineup when you're picking your personnel. 

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1.18 RBs per play

1.39 TEs per play

2.44 WRs per play

+++

1.98 DL per play

2.3 OLBs per play

2.98 CBs per play

+++

+++

1 game in, hard to make strong associations about this info.   Need to pair this with CHI snap counts and then look at down/distance/field position.

Game script matters.

Edited by squire12

Health is the key but I'd like less snaps out of the Smith's but that would mean Gary and Fackrell would need to step up their game. 

Kevin King needs to stay healthy because he and Alexander can shut guys down. That makes everything else a bit easier for a DC when he's got lock down guys on the outside. 

Brown and Jackson are OK and improving but not near the players of the two guys above. 

Tramon is going to wear down if he keeps playing all those snaps. He's 36 years old. 

I like the d-line rotation. 

Can't wait to get Burks back. Just another piece to work with. 

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm just thinking that you would hope King is getting the reps against the 2 WR sets. No telling where those receivers are going to lineup when you're picking your personnel. 

Pretty sure it was the pitch count for king. Regarding jackson, i think crazy tony got the playing time because he earned it during camp while jackson was not able to. Im pretty sure jackson will take over most of his snaps at some point. 

4 minutes ago, snackattack said:

Pretty sure it was the pitch count for king. Regarding jackson, i think crazy tony got the playing time because he earned it during camp while jackson was not able to. Im pretty sure jackson will take over most of his snaps at some point. 

That would seem logical but Brown has not embarrassed himself while playing. He's still deserves some snaps IMO. Jackson, needs to prove he's worthy of those snaps and so far, has not. The good news is, we have a lot of pretty good options it would seem. Need Alexander and King healthy though. 

1 hour ago, Greg C. said:

Aaron Rodgers' stats against the Bears: 18 for 30 (60%), 1 TD , 0 INT, 6.8 yards per attempt, 91.4 QB rating. By today's standards, that's an average performance, but I'll take a statistically average performance against that kind of pressure, with no running game, in the debut game of a new offense. Back in the 70s, when defense reigned and stats were not worshipped like they are now, QBs like Staubach, Bradshaw, and Greise would be praised for that kind of performance in a winning effort. Obviously Rodgers was far from perfect and needs to clean some things up, but he deserves kudos for his performance, and I do think he looked better than he did for most of last season. Although the defense was primarily responsible for winning the game, one way to look at it is that both defenses played about equally well and the Packers won the game because their QB played better than the Bears' QB. Rodgers was still a difference-maker, even with a performance that was subpar for him. 

Just for context, the Bears' opponents during 2018 averaged a 73.2 passer rating. The Bears only allowed a better passer rating than yesterday three times in the season: week 1 vs Rodgers, week 6 vs Osweiler (wtf) and week 7 vs Brady.

Yes, it was a disappointing offensive effort, but as you said, considering these were the first non-practice snaps for the new system and the guys in front of them, I'll take it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We know who our dudes are at Safety. Both played very well

This is huge for me. I'm always wary of depth charts that rely on a rookie to start but Savage certainly looked the part. Yesterday's game significantly diminished my worries about the position.

Savage is gonna get a better test from Cousins, Diggs and Thielen  next Sunday. 

Savage is very talented. I’m sure he’ll make a couple mistakes but he is surrounded by a lot of talent and has enough experience around him to make sure he’s pointed in the right direction on most plays. And of course, he’s said to be very smart so it’s not like he always needs it.  But as a rookie, Martinez, Amos and Tramon are a nice steadying group of hands in there.

Just now, boratt said:

Savage is gonna get a better test from Cousins, Diggs and Thielen  next Sunday. 

Savage is very talented. I’m sure he’ll make a couple mistakes but he is surrounded by a lot of talent and has enough experience around him to make sure he’s pointed in the right direction on most plays. And of course, he’s said to be very smart so it’s not like he always needs it.  But as a rookie, Martinez, Amos and Tramon are a nice steadying group of hands in there.

Yeah no doubt he will have his rookie moments during the season, I'm OK with that. My fear was more about having a rookie as a starter without having played a single game yet. If Savage had fallen flat on his face, or simply needed more time, we would be starting some seriously average guys there. It's just a "what if" that's been bugging me the whole summer, just glad it turned out OK.

2 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Yeah no doubt he will have his rookie moments during the season, I'm OK with that. My fear was more about having a rookie as a starter without having played a single game yet. If Savage had fallen flat on his face, or simply needed more time, we would be starting some seriously average guys there. It's just a "what if" that's been bugging me the whole summer, just glad it turned out OK.

Yeah, definitely looks ok. I was agreeing, just adding that it helps that Amos, Tramon and Martinez are in there to get things aligned and set for him.

just sort of adding to why it’s ok I guess.

• Like 1