Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I want Diggs to play against us. I want to see our secondary against him. I think I recall last year's game they burned Davin House a few times? I don't remember the game in Minny very well but I don't know if Jaire and King have both started and faced those two yet. I think they can cover them. King on Thielen and Jaire on Diggs. 

King played last year and we basically held Minny to about 7 points through 3 quarters. Then King got hurt, House came in and Pettine singled him up against Diggs for a 70 yard TD. Then Kentrell Brice happened and suddenly it became a game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Don't care who gives us credit as long as we're winning and playing good defense. I think Jared Goff get's exposed this year. Glad they gave him that big contract last year. Kid was a deer in headlights against the Patriots. That moment was way too big for him. 

His coach didn't help him out at all in that game. Looking at Goff's performance in every other big game of his career w/ McVay, the guy earned it.

Just now, packfanfb said:

King played last year and we basically held Minny to about 7 points through 3 quarters. Then King got hurt, House came in and Pettine singled him up against Diggs for a 70 yard TD. Then Kentrell Brice happened and suddenly it became a game. 

Wasn't Tramon playing ahead of JA that early in the year though? I think I remember him mostly being on Treadwell.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah and that OL in Minny is significantly worse than Chicago's. I'm excited for the matchup. Granted if we shut them down no one will care, until we play that SNF game vs KC and LA back to back no one will give our defense recognition.

They have a rookie center, a so/so journeyman RG and a second year second round draft pick at RT. Have to think the Packers are gonna attack that right side and see if they can hold up. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Wasn't Tramon playing ahead of JA that early in the year though? I think I remember him mostly being on Treadwell.

He was on Thielen a lot. He was on him when Brice pulled up and JA just didnt turn his head around and the ball magically found its way into Thielens arms for a TD. He was also on Thielen for the pick that should have ended the game but for the refs.

If Minnesota has Thielen and Diggs outside, i’d Like to see King and Alexander outside with Tramon inside.

If Minnesota moves one of their two top guys to the slot, I’d like to see Alexander follow him in there and bump tramon out to cover whoever their third guy is outside. 

Don’t know if Alexander is up to speed enough to handle that inside duty, but I don’t want to see Tramon on their top two guys. 

1 minute ago, boratt said:

If Minnesota has Thielen and Diggs outside, i’d Like to see King and Alexander outside with Tramon inside.

If Minnesota moves one of their two top guys to the slot, I’d like to see Alexander follow him in there and bump tramon out to cover whoever their third guy is outside. 

Don’t know if Alexander is up to speed enough to handle that inside duty, but I don’t want to see Tramon on their top two guys. 

This except I'm OK with either Brown or Jackson being the other guy. Tramon had a good game Thursday but he's 36 and can be exposed. Tony Brown competes, Josh Jackson have to wait and see if he's make a leap year two. 

I think Gary gets his first sack this week...There is no way the Smiths can or should play near as many snaps as they did against Chicago I dont think anyone could sustain that rate of play for the season. I expect Gary to get 20+ snaps and Looking at the pressure he got against Chicago in his debut even with poor technique footwork wise he is fast as hell and folks he is going to be a player. If you count it out I think its just under 3 seconds and he is there cant ask for much more than that even with perfect footwork.

11 minutes ago, deathstar said:

His coach didn't help him out at all in that game. Looking at Goff's performance in every other big game of his career w/ McVay, the guy earned it.

We can agree to disagree. I think he's a systems guy but 2019 will be interesting for him. Gurley likely won't be the same guy. 

Edited by Golfman

13 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

At this point you have to appreciate the pure comedy of CHI giving up a couple RD3 picks with a RD4 to trade up for Trubisky when they could have stood pat and taken their choice of Mahomes or Watson.

And wasn't it just a couple of spots up in that draft too?