Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

Not sure how a "coverage grade" is measured by PFF, but: 

Glass half-full: this means that Chicago was simply that good at covering our guys all night because they have a special defense and things should get easier/better moving forward. 

Glass half-empty: Bears had the highest grade because while they are pretty good, we were also the easiest group in Week 1 to cover -- meaning the Bears just provided the blue print for other defenses to repeat moving forward. 

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Glass half-full: this means that Chicago was simply that good at covering our guys all night because they have a special defense and things should get easier/better moving forward. 

Glass half-empty: Bears had the highest grade because while they are pretty good, we were also the easiest group in Week 1 to cover -- meaning the Bears just provided the blue print for other defenses to repeat moving forward. 

MVS was gonna hit 200 yards himself until he cramped up.

Our offense started clicking when they found him.

At least that is what I"m going to keep telling myself.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

MVS was gonna hit 200 yards himself until he cramped up.

Our offense started clicking when they found him.

At least that is what I"m going to keep telling myself.....

Is it an early problem that our No. 2(b) guy Allison didn't catch a single ball? Did he even get a target? I'm not sold that the Allison-in-the-slot plan is going to work, I just don't see the necessary quickness there. 

Give me more plays with MVS and Davis on the field at the same time with Adams, who preferably, moves to the slot. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Is it an early problem that our No. 2(b) guy Allison didn't catch a single ball? Did he even get a target? I'm not sold that the Allison-in-the-slot plan is going to work, I just don't see the necessary quickness there. 

Give me more plays with MVS and Davis on the field at the same time with Adams, who preferably, moves to the slot. 

I think we might need to reevaluate the expectations for the slot guys. They're not going to carry the same reps they did with McCarthy and they're also not going to carry the same quality of reps for their own statistical production.

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I've long though that if GMO is your #2 WR, you are in trouble.  If he's your 4'th or 5'th, you are pretty good.

I think he's gonna fall down the depth chart to #4 or #5 this season, if he isn't already there.

Me?  MVs is the clear #2.  Davis should see some of Allison's snaps.  And Kumerow should get a few as well, because, you know Kumerow......

And now?  I've done what I can do to cue up a huge day for GMO.  Get it done, son.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I’d say that glass is extremely empty.

One way or the other, first ever live action vs arguably the best defense in football (I don’t think it’s that arguable) under a new coach/scheme with a new playbook...I’d say it can only get better from here. I won’t pass any judgment on the offense until at least hosting the Eagles in Week 4.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think we might need to reevaluate the expectations for the slot guys. They're not going to carry the same reps they did with McCarthy and they're also not going to carry the same quality of reps for their own statistical production.

Agreed with this until we see Shephard i would like to see a quick smaller player in our slot perform. I do like GA but how will Shep look going against some of those safeties and nickel backs. You do make a good point though, really our TE play should be what starts to shine and be a great chain mover. No reason we shouldn't be able to really move and drive on teams.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Depends if MLF brought any of the McVay stuff. Kupp isn't much more of a quick twitch guy, running over and seams look nice though. Its a role I think EQ really could've thrived in.

from The Athletic and Ben Fennell

Rookie impact

Rookie safety Darnell Savage played every snap in his regular-season NFL debut. Savage finished with three tackles, a pass breakup and a QB hit in his 73 snaps. Savage was confident and aggressive in coverage and ready to pounce once the ball was in the air. Savage has an explosive gear and a click-and-close ability that hasn’t been seen in Green Bay’s secondary in quite some time.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I've long though that if GMO is your #2 WR, you are in trouble.  If he's your 4'th or 5'th, you are pretty good.

I think he's gonna fall down the depth chart to #4 or #5 this season, if he isn't already there.

Me?  MVs is the clear #2.  Davis should see some of Allison's snaps.  And Kumerow should get a few as well, because, you know Kumerow......

And now?  I've done what I can do to cue up a huge day for GMO.  Get it done, son.

Based on his performance before getting injured last season, I think he could be a legitimate #2 receiver, and I'm not going to give up on him after he got shut out in one game. If MVS passes him up, that's a good thing considering that MVS has more big play potential and more upside, but I don't see Allison falling any farther than #3 in the depth chart this year.  

• Like 1

cut- ups of some 4 man rushes from Pettine via Ben Fennell writing for The Athletic

"Last season, Pettine relied upon blitz schemes to affect opposing QBs, but the emphasis this offseason was finding players who can disrupt and win one-on-one battles in the trenches. Pettine will still lean on his pressure schemes, but I expect a more balanced attack this season. While the exotic pressures were effective last week, so were the some of the base 4-man rushes as well."

Preston Smith said he wants to create some mayhem...and he did

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2019/09/08175146/3-FOURMAN.mp4

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

also from The Athletic

Montravius Adams hustling downfield to make a few plays

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2019/09/08180538/7-ADAMS.mp4

Montravius had himself a day. Still working through the all 22, but he's shown up a lot in the first half. Honestly looks like a completely different player. Anchored against a soft double and bottled up a run, bull rushed his guy into the QB against the pass, and was making hustle plays all night. I'm not saying it was an elite or dominant performance, but for his first game as a core role player/rotational starter I couldn't be happier. He looks like a guy with a legit future now, which is a long way from where he started last season.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Montravius had himself a day. Still working through the all 22, but he's shown up a lot in the first half. Honestly looks like a completely different player. Anchored against a soft double and bottled up a run, bull rushed his guy into the QB against the pass, and was making hustle plays all night. I'm not saying it was an elite or dominant performance, but for his first game as a core role player/rotational starter I couldn't be happier. He looks like a guy with a legit future now, which is a long way from where he started last season.

That’s how he looked all preseason too. I was watching a lot of other things Thursday so I didn’t notice. But I really paid attention in preseason.