Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I dont think he's lost any effort like that

I don't think so either... The question is does he still have the ability to rush up field five yards then chase down RB's 10 yards down past the LOS and past the opposite hash?

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

Yeah.  I don't think 2019 Daniels is making that play

10 hours ago, Donzo said:

He certainly didn't in 2018.

The first showing of 2019 Mike Daniels was worth 1 assisted tackle and that was it. Not sure how many snaps he played but i watched a good deal of that game and never noticed he was on the field. 

Edited by Golfman

On 9/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, Donzo said:

No, that's not accurate at all.

On last nights huge catch. He went to his knees to catch the ball around the 25 yard line, got hit around the 30 yard line and got tackled by multiple players around the 36 yard line.

He's a speed guy and a plus special teamer. He was poised to play in 2018, but hurt his hammy. He looks to be a needed contributor this and got off to a solid start last night. 

I think it is very fair to call him a finesse/speed WR.

And I have no problem with him avoiding contact.  His speed is much needed.  He doesn't need to, and shouldn't fight for an extra yard when he's already 20+ yards downfield.  But, on his one play, he was right to get up after the catch and run.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Jason Wilde: Before they celebrated Packers coach Matt LaFleur’s first win, the players chanted, “JK! JK! JK!” for punter JK Scott. Yes, the players chanted … for a punter. And it was very much deserved.

Thanks for posting Leader.

There is no doubt that the combination of Scott's punting and the stout defense won that game. And the players, including the QB, and head coach know it.

Truly hoping that, like BB in NE, that Gutey & MLF start taking Special Teams seriously in Green Bay (and using a 5th round pick on a punter is a pretty good indicator that is the case).

Never understood why McCarthy all but ignored that facet of the game.

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

There is no doubt that the combination of Scott's punting and the stout defense won that game. And the players, including the QB, and head coach know it.

Truly hoping that, like BB in NE, that Gutey & MLF start taking Special Teams seriously in Green Bay (and using a 5th round pick on a punter is a pretty good indicator that is the case).

Ironically, there was a TON of complaining about taking a punter that high...