2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

An ideal FA class to me would be:

Brian Bulaga, RT - 3yr/$30mil

Leonard Williams, DE - 4yr/$32mil

Jason Pierre-Paul, OLB - 2yr/$12mil

Travis Benjamin, WR - 3yr/$12mil

Tre Boston, S - 4yr/$18mil

Yes, I would like to bring our boy Benji back. I would also still want to bring Higgins back.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wonder how well he’d fit into a zbs.

He a big ole boy.

Honestly forgot when quickly responding to the prospect of adding a veteran RT lol. I agree, I don't feel too comfortable about his fit there. My ideal RT target this offseason is Brian Bulaga.

20 minutes ago, braylon said:

Yes, I would like to bring our boy Benji back. I would also still want to bring Higgins back.

Bulaga could be interesting. Not sure if Green Bay lets him go though.

I think I'd pass on Leonard Williams. The dude simply isn't that good and is still living off the hype he had as a prospect. Plus, we need someone who's better at getting after the QB, IMO. We already have two DEs in Thomas and Vernon who are solid and well-rounded, but aren't great at rushing the QB (at least last year they weren't).

I'd be stoked if we could get Boston at that price.

1 hour ago, braylon said:

I can’t see the nerds dropping that kind of coin on over 30 3rd contract dudes.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Bulaga could be interesting. Not sure if Green Bay lets him go though.

I think I'd pass on Leonard Williams. The dude simply isn't that good and is still living off the hype he had as a prospect. Plus, we need someone who's better at getting after the QB, IMO. We already have two DEs in Thomas and Vernon who are solid and well-rounded, but aren't great at rushing the QB (at least last year they weren't).

I'd be stoked if we could get Boston at that price.

Yeah, I meant DT for Williams. I think that is where he would fit if Woods is the guy at DC. I don't think that Williams is great, but I do think if his market value is actually the $8mil spotrac is projecting, then he is worth a look. I'm so sick of getting run on. I want a stout front 7. I want guys who have proven they can stop the run. But, $8mil for primarily a run stopper, you might be right lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, braylon said:

Not bad

He gets more than that.

He gets way more than that 

I wouldnt give him league min.

Meh.

Higgins id take for 3 years 4 million per year 

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, braylon said:

Yeah, I meant DT for Williams. I think that is where he would fit if Woods is the guy at DC. I don't think that Williams is great, but I do think if his market value is actually the $8mil spotrac is projecting, then he is worth a look. I'm so sick of getting run on. I want a stout front 7. I want guys who have proven they can stop the run. But, $8mil for primarily a run stopper, you might be right lol. 

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't hate it. If Williams could come in and help fix our run defense woes, then I'll be happy. I just think we could probably better spend that money elsewhere.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t see the nerds dropping that kind of coin on over 30 3rd contract dudes.

That crossed my mind as I was making the post. I don't necessarily think the guys are going to do it, just saying I would love them to. I'm really high on Bulaga and also really high on JPP as a stop gap. 

I know we thought this year we were going to be competing.. but I'm still going into next year assuming too. I want to address the front seven and the offensive line with veterans and then inject the team with talent by drafting BPA. I don't want to see a glaring hole and not address it this offseason. The team has too much potential for that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Not bad

He gets more than that.

He gets way more than that 

I wouldnt give him league min.

Meh.

Higgins id take for 3 years 4 million per year 

So I used Spotrac as much as I could to generate my guesses for the guys on the open market. They simply don't have projections for some guys.. but they did have Leonard Williams at $8mil/year. 

JPP I actually misread his contract and he made more money than I realized lol.. I thought his base salary of $3mil was the total value of his contract (which I found insane for what it's worth lol).. I don't wanna pay him a ton of money over a big contract.. But I am willing to give him like a 2yr/$20mil deal.. He's still a pretty good player and definitely still a talented pass rusher. 

Curious.. do others feel that way about Benji? I actually despise WRs with shakey hands, but I'd still take him back. I want a speedster who can make a defense pay when treated as an afterthought added to this offense, and I think he fits that bill. I'm also open to adding that type of player through the draft, I know this WR class is supposed to be loaded.

3 minutes ago, braylon said:

So I used Spotrac as much as I could to generate my guesses for the guys on the open market. They simply don't have projections for some guys.. but they did have Leonard Williams at $8mil/year. 

Id take leo at 8, is it better to get him or extend Larry O. They are pretty similair players 

JPP I actually misread his contract and he made more money than I realized lol.. I thought his base salary of $3mil was the total value of his contract (which I found insane for what it's worth lol).. I don't wanna pay him a ton of money over a big contract.. But I am willing to give him like a 2yr/$20mil deal.. He's still a pretty good player and definitely still a talented pass rusher. 

Id love a pass rusher like that on a two year deal, cut vernon.

Curious.. do others feel that way about Benji? I actually despise WRs with shakey hands, but I'd still take him back. I want a speedster who can make a defense pay when treated as an afterthought added to this offense, and I think he fits that bill. I'm also open to adding that type of player through the draft, I know this WR class is supposed to be loaded.

He has lost his speed. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id take leo at 8, is it better to get him or extend Larry O. They are pretty similair players 

Id love a pass rusher like that on a two year deal, cut vernon.

He has lost his speed. 

I think Larry O >> Leo and I believe their contracts will reflect that. I think Sheldon Richardson is gone after next year.. Which is part of the reason I'm interested in the DT market.

If you're right about Benji then I agree, literally wouldn't pay him anything to come here. I didn't realize that lol. Last time I saw him play was the 2018 season honestly.

• Like 1