Raiders officially release Antonio Brown; so do the Pats (LOL)

RaidersAreOne

58 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How bad would it be for us to sue AB for recording phone conversations with Gruden? He legit broke the law and could get in serious crap for it.

I for one would love to see it happen but doubt it does.

It won't happen, I think the organization is done with him. They want to move on from him and focus on the season. If they where to press forward with this they wouldn't gain much other than him going to jail. As much as I would love to see it happen it's not the best thing for the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How bad would it be for us to sue AB for recording phone conversations with Gruden? He legit broke the law and could get in serious crap for it.

They're probably keeping it in their backpocket in case he comes at them for his guarantees.

Apparently on Wednesday, the same day AB issued his fake apology I believe, AB was throwing EVERY ball he caught away and holding up practice. He threw one over the fence, one at the planes, multiple balls he put in the trash can right after catching, etc. Ball after ball after ball. 

He was definitely trying to get released. What a punk. 

We’ll never know Carrs reaction but it was probably “YES!!!”

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Just best to take our L and move on in silence. No use in continuing to have his name associated with the Raiders in the news. Everybody is tired of it. Dude played us, oh well. It's our fault for being playable. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Just best to take our L and move on in silence. No use in continuing to have his name associated with the Raiders in the news. Everybody is tired of it. Dude played us, oh well. It's our fault for being playable. 

Gruden gave him permission anyways. Gruden kissed his butt until he realized finally “oh wait, this guy never actually ever planned to play a snap for us”. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's a criminal offense not civil.  To create a cause of action Gruden would have to show some harm he was caused, i.e. professional embarrassment, defamation, slander or libel?  Lawyers can make up anything but I don't see it.  Any detriment that can brought against AB......... I'm in. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I completely agree unless there is evidence that NE played a part in it.  If a player plans and orchestrates it on their own without knowledge of another teams intentions then good for them.  If NE told him to get cut or even tell him they will sign him if he gets cut and it takes place before he was traded then the league needs to go after NE and Brown.  His contract should be voided, serve a 1 year suspension, and NE must give Oakland compensation in draft picks.