FA 2020

drfrey13

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:
6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Draft 2 guys in round 1 and 3, even another one later on if value is there. 

IMO the best short and long term plan at WR is to draft one in rd 1 and 3 for the present and future respectively...

Yes, yes, YES!!! Wanted one even with AB last year and definitely want two 1st/3rd even if we add a vet in FA. One might bust or both...Maybe both give us a problem because they're both All Pro's and which do you keep. Sounds like a GREAT problem to have no matter who is our QB. Imagine Brown and Metcalf...Could have happened had we not traded for AB.

I'm keeping Williams and Renfrow for familiarity with Carr, but if 3 rookies get drafted I got no problem rolling those 5. One of those 3 rookies better have return skills though if not 2 of them. LOL

10 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

So what’s his excuse for 2017? Since the current excuse is WR’s. How come Wentz does soo well with a horrendous WR core?

has a great system, and can run....Gruden isn't going anywhere but he is still iffy as a coach in 2020. He has a good game plan to start a game, but in game with adjustments we always get smoked. I was hoping we would bring an offensive mind to help him out with in game adjustments, but we haven't. smh 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

has a great system, and can run....Gruden isn't going anywhere but he is still iffy as a coach in 2020. He has a good game plan to start a game, but in game with adjustments we always get smoked. I was hoping we would bring an offensive mind to help him out with in game adjustments, but we haven't. smh 

We always get smoked in 2nd half since Carr been here and notice we keep blaming the coaches for not making adjustments but there's only been one constant. And Carr can run, but is scared to.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We always get smoked in 2nd half since Carr been here and notice we keep blaming the coaches for not making adjustments but there's only been one constant. And Carr can run, but is scared to.

I don’t understand why people can’t understand the Raiders have no depth the team gets tired and it’s over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

So what’s his excuse for 2017? Since the current excuse is WR’s. How come Wentz does soo well with a horrendous WR core?

Wentz is a better QB. I don’t think anyone here can really debate against that. But that doesn’t mean Carr is atrocious or anything. 

They do have the same amount of playoff wins though. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr isn't very good regardless as we've seen over a 3 year sample size. Hell he has only played at a high level in 1 of 6 seasons in the league. 

I think he played well in 15 and superb in 16 and he was inconsistent in 17 and 19. 14 was a terrible situation for a rookie and I though he handled it very well. Can you honestly say we've had a good team in any of those years. In 16 he raised the level of the whole team round him IMO, kind of like great QBs do - though im not saying he's great.

He may not be able to reach that level again, but I'd like to at least give him the opportunity to see before we pin all our hopes on an over hyped rookie or a flawed FA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I think he played well in 15 and superb in 16 and he was inconsistent in 17 and 19. 14 was a terrible situation for a rookie and I though he handled it very well. Can you honestly say we've had a good team in any of those years. In 16 he raised the level of the whole team round him IMO, kind of like great QBs do - though im not saying he's great.

He may not be able to reach that level again, but I'd like to at least give him the opportunity to see before we pin all our hopes on an over hyped rookie or a flawed FA.

Just to add to this...we can always get a rookie behind him and if Carr turns the corner we trade the young guy away at some point and if Carr stays the same, we will have a 2nd year guy ready to jump him with knowledge of the system already...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Just to add to this...we can always get a rookie behind him and if Carr turns the corner we trade the young guy away at some point and if Carr stays the same, we will have a 2nd year guy ready to jump him with knowledge of the system already...

That’s a good option, could be a win/win and at worst we should have a cheap backup.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rolni said:

This is something I think the Raiders should do with a guy in the third. I think forcing a guy in the first would be ill advised. Give me a guy who can be an impact guy so that the Raiders can slide a guy in if Carr fails. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I assume the one constant is a terrible D? Lol just kidding, I know you’re saying Carr.

But there have been more than one constant. 

I do agree that Carr’s play it safe mentality is a part of why we have been bad in 2nd half’s, and why we can never have an easy win. 

would you rather be up 4 with 2 mins left and the other team on their 20 

or down 4 with 2 mins and on our 20.

for me I actually trust our O more than the D. But I can obviously see the argument for being in lead, and our D did close out a few games this year. 

• Like 1