FA 2020

drfrey13

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I would take a flyer on Linval Joseph dude is a dog. 

I wanted him and Brandon Williams every time they were going to be FAs.  He would be a nice consolation prize if Brown does not fall to us.  Would be a good signing for 1-2 years.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lots of cuts. Delanie Walker, Rhodes, Thomas Davis, etc.

Walker and David are both 35+ so I’d pass. And I’m intrigued by Rhodes, but I didn’t watch many Vikings games last year and lots of their fans are saying he was burnt toast so idk. 

With regard to our LB core I think the best two options would be to:

A) Sign a good quality FA MLB such as Schobert and draft a high potential SLB and maybe WLB such as Uche, Baun, Dye or a guy we could get in 2nd or 3rd round. Resign Compton and he, Lee and Morrow are depth.

B) Re-sign Burfict to lead the D and captain the D and draft a guy early to come in and learn directly under him such as Queen or Murray (and to take over if he gets susoended again) supplement that with an experienced OLB such as Kirksey and a couple mid to late round rookies such as Davis-Gaither or Ligan Wilson. Lee, Morrow, Compton compete for starting spots with the rookies. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

With regard to our LB core I think the best two options would be to:

A) Sign a good quality FA MLB such as Schobert and draft a high potential SLB and maybe WLB such as Uche, Baun, Dye or a guy we could get in 2nd or 3rd round. Resign Compton and he, Lee and Morrow are depth.

B) Re-sign Burfict to lead the D and captain the D and draft a guy early to come in and learn directly under him such as Queen or Murray (and to take over if he gets susoended again) supplement that with an experienced OLB such as Kirksey and a couple mid to late round rookies such as Davis-Gaither or Ligan Wilson. Lee, Morrow, Compton compete for starting spots with the rookies. 

I hate the idea of bringing burfict back. The league doesnt want him to play. Unless the new CBA has some new provisions on how players are punish. No thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

I hate the idea of bringing burfict back. The league doesnt want him to play. Unless the new CBA has some new provisions on how players are punish. No thanks. 

I can understand that position but for me, if we are going to bring in a high draft pick we want to give him the absolute best chance to grow and be successful and whilst Burfict may be under a cloud, he knows the defence inside out, played well last year, should be fresh and would be like a coach on the field. He wouldn't cost a lot at all and even if he only plays a handful of games it might be very beneficial to the rookie. I'm acutely aware he is likely to be banned sooner or later but think the pros outweigh the cons.....though I can totally sympathise with your viewpoint.    

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I can understand that position but for me, if we are going to bring in a high draft pick we want to give him the absolute best chance to grow and be successful and whilst Burfict may be under a cloud, he knows the defence inside out, played well last year, should be fresh and would be like a coach on the field. He wouldn't cost a lot at all and even if he only plays a handful of games it might be very beneficial to the rookie. I'm acutely aware he is likely to be banned sooner or later but think the pros outweigh the cons.....though I can totally sympathise with your viewpoint.    

I think Burfict can still play and I agree that he can teach the mental game, almost like a coach in the LB group. Our LB group is absolutely a joke and we aren't in a position to not bring Burfict back on a vet min contract.