FA 2020

drfrey13

Billings was probably on the target list and the Raiders had contact with his agent. I don't believe he was an option after signing Collins. Just like Vigil was probably on the list until prefered options (Littleton and Kwit) became reality.

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Randall fits as he can play SS and FS which our scheme requires but I am guessing we would need to cut some players before we can make another decent signing. 

I’d love him for the reasons you said plus he could cover in the slot in a pinch and is a INT magnet.  
but yeah we’d likely have to restructure some contracts like Trent Brown.  I don’t see many contracts we’d be able to or are likely to be restructured though.  
hopefully the remaining FA deals have their details announced soon and we know what the cap situation is like.

Edited by jimkelly02
Add: or trade/cut Jackson to gain some cap space
  • Like 2

Cincy now has Trae Wayne’s, William Jackson, Dre Kirkpatrick at CB plus Mackenzie Alexander and Darius Phillips at slotCB.  

Any chance Jackson or Kirkpatrick gets traded?  They both have caps of around 10-11M.  Jackson is on a 5th year option and Kirkpatrick only carries 2.8m of dead cap.

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't buy this. Hall was one of the most consistent members on the defensive line and a very effective nose tackle.

This... so much this. Ferrell and Hall were the main reason our Run Defense was improved. 

Hall is a good player. That 4 man Rotation at DT, if used properly (which was my biggest problem with Buckner, to the point I would tell him on twitter after every game how he messed up the rotation, so he blocked me after the game Key got injured.), will be very effective this year. I really want to resign Dion Jordan. I think that is the last DL piece we need to make that rotation, along with Ros coming in. I think we will see a massive improvement on the DL. 

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Cincy now has Trae Wayne’s, William Jackson, Dre Kirkpatrick at CB plus Mackenzie Alexander and Darius Phillips at slotCB.  

Any chance Jackson or Kirkpatrick gets traded?  They both have caps of around 10-11M.  Jackson is on a 5th year option and Kirkpatrick only carries 2.8m of dead cap.

I think it's more a sign they don't trust Jackson or Phillips to stay healthy. That being said they may let one go after the draft if they grab a corner.

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Everson Griffen is hitting FA.  You can never have too many pass rushers.

I’d have preferred him over Nassib but won’t complain about that deal.  But at this point in the game I can’t see how we’d be able to add Griffin.