FA 2020

drfrey13

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I remember when we cut people they were out of the league, now we’re getting value for them. Nice job on getting a swap for Sharpe. Didn’t see Parker making the team over him. 

Saw on Twitter someone saying we got more value than Jacksonville got for Fournette.

I actually really liked Sharpe.  He was really good last year when he played.  His salary was high at 2.133M.  He was expandable because of Denzell Good though.  At least we got something back for him.  Hopefully Parker finally is progressing.  

I know Gruden swears Sam Young is great but he’s been a trash RT-only player for years.  

Sharpe was from the McKenzie regime and we had no loyalty to him.  But I really feel like Washington got a nice RT.... he could be a low level starter.  

this is probably a sign of Trent Brown being healthy... cuz if he wasn’t having Sharpe to step in would be important.

Edited by jimkelly02

If Corey Davis didn’t have a cap cost of $8.080M trading a mid round pick for him would be really intriguing.

Hes been one the trade block by Tennessee since last year.  I feel like he’s a talented big WR2 type like Williams that has been held back somewhat by the poor passing game and heavy run scheme.

Right Now this is our 2021 draft picks:

1st: Las Vegas

2nd: Las Vegas

3rd: Las Vegas

4th: none

5th:  Miami

6th: Las Vegas, Washington 

7th: Chicago

Traded Picks:

LV 5th to Buffalo For Zay Jones

LV 4th to Miami for their 5th and McMillian

LV 7th to Washington for their 6th plus Sharpe

Chicago owes us a 7th for Pinero K (conditions were met already)

I’d hate to trade away any more picks

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

wonder with todays news, if Rico and Brandon Parker make the team. 

Yeah it looks like Rico has a good chance to make the roster now if we go with 6 WR. He has legit 4.2 speed and Mayock shouted him out in a recent presser and said that he has looked good during camp. This is only his third season playing WR too, he was a CB in college. I'd like to see us use him in the return game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it looks like Rico has a good chance to make the roster now if we go with 6 WR. He has legit 4.2 speed and Mayock shouted him out in a recent presser and said that he has looked good during camp. This is only his third season playing WR too, he was a CB in college. I'd like to see us use him in the return game. 

Maybe Bowden as KR, Rico as KR... wonder if Rico could use that 4.2 speed to run straight to the 30 yard line. Rico could be a stud gunner too with that speed. Imagine running outs with Ruggs on one side, Rico on the other....

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I forgot to mention the part where they said Mayock has big stuff energy.  Mayock really does seem like a mastermind right now.

yes he does, he dont get punked in trades like Reggie. Mayock has been doing a great job, just have to see the young guys continue to develop and hell get the props he deserves.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

If Corey Davis didn’t have a cap cost of $8.080M trading a mid round pick for him would be really intriguing.

Hes been one the trade block by Tennessee since last year.  I feel like he’s a talented big WR2 type like Williams that has been held back somewhat by the poor passing game and heavy run scheme.

Right Now this is our 2021 draft picks:

1st: Las Vegas

2nd: Las Vegas

3rd: Las Vegas

4th: none

5th:  Miami

6th: Las Vegas, Washington 

7th: Chicago

Traded Picks:

LV 5th to Buffalo For Zay Jones

LV 4th to Miami for their 5th and McMillian

LV 7th to Washington for their 6th plus Sharpe

Chicago owes us a 7th for Pinero K (conditions were met already)

I’d hate to trade away any more picks

keep the picks, would be interested in free agency next year. 

I’m only bringing this up because some have advocated for signing Josh Gordon:

Mohammed Sanu is being cut by NE to save 6.5M

https://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-releasing-wr-mohamed-sanu/
 they have a 2nd for him only to keep him for 8 games.

id sign Sanu if cheap.... if for nothing else the possibility of using him and Bowden together on Trick plays.

Bowden at QB in wildcat... throws WR screen to Sanu behind the LOS... Sanu throws a bomb to Bowden who kreeps down the sideline!  Lol jk

he wouldn’t be a bad addition... if cheap

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SanuMo00.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m only bringing this up because some have advocated for signing Josh Gordon:

Mohammed Sanu is being cut by NE to save 6.5M

https://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-releasing-wr-mohamed-sanu/
 they have a 2nd for him only to keep him for 8 games.

id sign Sanu if cheap.... if for nothing else the possibility of using him and Bowden together on Trick plays.

Bowden at QB in wildcat... throws WR screen to Sanu behind the LOS... Sanu throws a bomb to Bowden who kreeps down the sideline!  Lol jk

he wouldn’t be a bad addition... if cheap

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SanuMo00.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-

Problem with Sanu is he was a slow WR before his injury and the reports say he is looking slow.  I liked Sanu but we can not have WRs getting beat by fast O-linemen in a foot race.