FA 2020

drfrey13

10 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't think Littleton would play Mike in our 43. He's playing ILB in a 34 now but i think he moves to OLB in a 43. But that's not a big deal since the base isn't used much anymore.

Get Littleton and Moses/Simmons and our defense would be so much better. 

On 12/20/2019 at 4:39 PM, jimkelly02 said:

This is prolly going to start agitate @MrOaktown_56but Kwiatkowski just isn’t the player he’s being made out to be.  I posted a video from a Bears fan which gives a pretty back and forth analysis of him.  He’s a good run stuffer who plays smart but can’t cover.  He almost didn’t make it out of camp this year.  He’s shined on a good defense because his assignment is limited and he’s not asked to do a lot, only what he’s shown their DC he’s capable of.  And that definitely isn’t covering TEs.  IMO you pay the few million more to get Schobert or Littleton because There’s far more value/production from them than the difference in cost.   If you just can’t sign those two you search for cheap 2nd or third tier guys for a couple million because there isn’t much difference in value/production.  He wants to pay Kwiatkowski 8-12 million and o guarantee you he’s only giving us 4-6 million in value.

LOLOL he can't cover? Ok man. 

I didn't "watch a video". I've been watching the Bears games every week with a rooting interest against them so I"ve been able to study their defense and see how their players are playing.

Kwiatkowski is smart. He's always in the right position. He doesn't blow assignments or miss tackles. And he has a nice feel for zone coverage. Should he be out there on 3rd down covering tight ends? No. But playing zones in the middle of the field, blitzing, spying qb's, reading plays, etc. Absolutely. All things that we don't get right now from any of our LB's.

I said the market dictates that he'd get paid 8-12 million. Of course, you don't want to pay him that much. Maybe I'm wrong and you can get him for 4-6 million, but LB's are super hard to find in the NFL.

Schoebert and Littleton are probably going to get top LB money. Like 12-14 million is the floor. And they may resign with their respective teams depending on how it all shakes out. CJ freaking Mosley got 17 million a year. Are you willing to pay that much to get Schoebert or LIttleton?

Or are you willing to take a bit of a gamble to save serious bucks on a young player who has shined in limited playing time and give them an incentivized deal.

You don't have to agree. Just my 2 cents. But don't make it look like I'm ready to throw $$$ at anybody. Realistically, that's what you have to pay in FA for talented guys. It's an overpay that you'd like to avoid, but you may not be able to do so.

And by the way, weren't you just using Schoebert's PFF grade in coverage to justify not wanting to pay him? How much have you really watched Schoebert?

If you are going to go off of PFF grades, Kwiatkowski's is 81, which is very good in their ranking system, likely making him a top 10 off the LOS LB in the NFL this season, per their grades.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, jimkelly02 said:

Please don’t crucify me... I know how dumb this sounds.. but would Schubert Really be the coverage MLB we meed? I ask cuz PFF has a pretty avg coverage grade on him this year,,, way lower than I expected.  Is he just a zone coverage guy or is he a man coverage guy?  I feel like his coverage grades previously were all pretty beastly. 

Edited by MrOaktown_56

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

LOLOL he can't cover? Ok man. 

I didn't "watch a video". I've been watching the Bears games every week with a rooting interest against them so I"ve been able to study their defense and see how their players are playing.

Kwiatkowski is smart. He's always in the right position. He doesn't blow assignments or miss tackles. And he has a nice feel for zone coverage. Should he be out there on 3rd down covering tight ends? No. But playing zones in the middle of the field, blitzing, spying qb's, reading plays, etc. Absolutely. All things that we don't get right now from any of our LB's.

I said the market dictates that he'd get paid 8-12 million. Of course, you don't want to pay him that much. Maybe I'm wrong and you can get him for 4-6 million, but LB's are super hard to find in the NFL.

Schoebert and Littleton are probably going to get top LB money. Like 12-14 million is the floor. And they may resign with their respective teams depending on how it all shakes out. CJ freaking Mosley got 17 million a year. Are you willing to pay that much to get Schoebert or LIttleton?

Or are you willing to take a bit of a gamble to save serious bucks on a young player who has shined in limited playing time and give them an incentivized deal.

You don't have to agree. Just my 2 cents. But don't make it look like I'm ready to throw $$$ at anybody. Realistically, that's what you have to pay in FA for talented guys. It's an overpay that you'd like to avoid, but you may not be able to do so.

And by the way, weren't you just using Schoebert's PFF grade in coverage to justify not wanting to pay him? How much have you really watched Schoebert?

If you are going to go off of PFF grades, Kwiatkowski's is 81, which is very good in their ranking system, likely making him a top 10 off the LOS LB in the NFL this season, per their grades.

So are pass rushers

Over a dozen FA pass rushers in FA before tags. Clowney, Fowler, Dupree, Barnett will get the attention, so targeting JPP, Quinn, Beasley, Ogbah or Lawson would be the way to go. JPP would be a good vet for our young guys. If we get a DE and CB in FA we can easily use 2 of our top 5 picks on LB

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are some of the top guys you are hoping we go after? Remember we have around $75M iirc to play with so we can certainly land a couple top dogs again. We might even have more if we cut ties with some other guys.

Chris Jones, Arik Armstead, Leonard Williams, Cory Littleton, Joe Schobert, Byron Jones, Bradley Roby, AJ Green.