Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Bill has a way of vibing with strong personalities. Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, James Harrisson, Rodney Harrisson, Michael/Martellus Bennett, he’s got a decent history of working with what some would consider “problem” players. 

I’m not convinced Brown will be a success story in NE, though. 

Yeah he promises them the world, at all costs.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I get what you're saying. I just don't see it the same way you do. I genuinely think AB is that petty.

I agree, he is that petty. He’s that childish, that selfish, that egotistical. AB is the biggest diva I think I’ve ever seen in football. 

I actually lean in your direction in terms of Brown forcing his way out of Oakland on purpose. I’m just not ready to jump to tampering and I don’t think there is (or ever will be) sufficient evidence to prove so.

EDIT: And I do think the Raiders got jobbed.

15M does seem like a lot of money for someone who was widely considered by a lot of GM/coaches as damaged goods. 

It raises questions, and the fact that the Pats always have some parallel schemes in play (not a criticism, just a fact), makes it more shadowy. 

Perhaps they are simply taking advantage of a situation where someone is devalued (which they do a lot, to be fair). 

I think the big question is if AB will keep acting out in the Pats. If he doesn't, you can rest assured there will be many more doubters. 

As a Raiders fan, I'm just glad the drama queen is gone. Don't care where he went but do hope we knock him out when we play. Game went from Pats beating the 
Raiders to Raiders taking shots on Brown. Ravens/Steelers type of game. Bountygate part 2

EDIT: I think Willie McGuinest will tell Brown what is expected and let him know the score.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Bill has a way of vibing with strong personalities. Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, James Harrisson, Rodney Harrisson, Michael/Martellus Bennett, he’s got a decent history of working with what some would consider “problem” players. 

I’m not convinced Brown will be a success story in NE, though. 

I hope you are right and I am wrong on this.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is there a single Patriots fan upset with their team over this?  

If you look at the thread in the sub or the end of the old thread - most of us weren’t a fan and are being forced to root for him because of how much of an impact he could have on the team. Most of us didn’t want him.

Archived