Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Why should they care about dysfunction on another team? They aren’t rewarding him they are paying him for expected performance. 

This guy's mental well being is more important than football expected performance. I dont care what he does on the field. Brown is in a downwards spiral and showing signs of CTE. Obviously I'm not doctor but his actions are definitely a concern. And he shouldn't be given a guaranteed contract... There is no guarantee he even plays.

6 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

This guy's mental well being is more important than football expected performance. I dont care what he does on the field. Brown is in a downwards spiral and showing signs of CTE. Obviously I'm not doctor but his actions are definitely a concern. And he shouldn't be given a guaranteed contract... There is no guarantee he even plays.

He's a diva. A cancer. Show me evidence of CTE related downward spiralling? 

You must also hold Oakland in the same contempt then, seeing as he hasn't played a game inbetween them getting him and NE getting him? 

Edited by Hunter2_1

50 minutes ago, tab said:

1. Big money player

NE has not been averse to going for big money players that are actually worth it. They went after AB earlier this offseason. Signed Stephon Gilmore to a huge deal. Made the move for Revis. Etc

2. Massive distraction player

NE has never been afraid of distraction players, either. 

Bennetts, Moss, Ocho, Haynesworth, Talib, James Harrison, Rodney Harrisson, etc.

3. Seemed like they had a decent WR corps already

They did, but just about all of them had question marks. If they all work out, they’re loaded. If a couple of them don’t (either injury, suspension, rookie wall, etc), then they’re thin all of a sudden.

4. Does AB really fit in a 'spread it around' offense?

Pats are a game plan offense. If anything, they’ve been run heavy since Sony joined.

It would be rather funny if some hotshot prosecutor in CA tried to push a case against Brown for two party consent over the phone recording, and that a raiders season ticket holder who also happens to be the presiding judge on the case, found him guilty, then proceeded to sentence him to weekends confinement for the next 20+ weekends.

22 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

He has narcissistic personality disorder to the highest degree. Whether you want to say that’s a mental illness or not, that’s another story. All this erratic behavior is the norm for people with NPD. Look at our president for example. 

Steelers could've gotten a 1st round pick for Brown but turned it down and sent him to a worst team. Brown said ok cool now I'm gonna do what I need to do to get out of here. Knowing the Patriots had interest, he didn't want to be held hostage by the Radiers and decided to do things to get fired. Now he's playing for a SuperBowl contending team and possibly the Greatest HC and QB of all time. 

I can understand people being upset, but how would you feel if your Job was tryna stop you from reaching your highest potential and goals? I know I would be upset and want a way out! I feel Brown did what he had to do for himself. While it was SELFISH, businesses do this to the Average American citizen everyday. If you don't believe me look at something called the "At Will Policy" and the Manufacturing business that replaced people from building cars so they can have Robots do it. THIS IS AMERICA PEOPLE. 

Edited by Skins212689

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Steelers could've gotten a 1st round pick for Brown but turned it down and sent him to a worst team. Brown said ok cool now I'm gonna do what I need to do to get out of here. Knowing the Patriots had interest, he didn't want to be held hostage by the Radiers and decided to do things to get fired. Now he's playing for a SuperBowl contending team and possibly the Greatest HC and QB of all time. 

I can understand people being upset, but how would you feel if your Job was tryna stop you from reaching your highest potential and goals? I know I would be upset and want a way out! I feel Brown did what he had to do for himself. While it was SELFISH, businesses do this to the Average American citizen everyday. If you don't believe me look at something called the "At Will Policy" and the Manufacturing business that wants to replace people from building cars so they can have Robots do it. THIS IS AMERICA PEOPLE. 

It's also brave. He knows any team in their right mind would be interested in his services, but he's putting a lot of faith in the Pats NOT filling their cap space for example, and that Mayock would even fire him (seems Gruden STILL didn't want him gone). I guess he's the type to take such a risk.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's also brave. He knows any team in their right mind would be interested in his services, but he's putting a lot of faith in the Pats NOT filling their cap space for example, and that Mayock would even fire him (seems Gruden STILL didn't want him gone). I guess he's the type to take such a risk.

Didnt his risk pay off? Don't you have to take risk in life sometimes? Yes and Yes! 

42 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

What signs of CTE? He denies concussions, let alone the multiple concussions necessary for CTE. 

Antonio Brown sought advice from professional social media consultants for ideas on how to accelerate his release from the Oakland Raiders, sources told ESPN.

At least one consultant couldn't tell whether Brown was serious or not, according to sources. Brown's tumultuous tenure with the Raiders officially ended Saturday, when the Pro Bowl receiver was released by Oakland and signed with the New England Patriots.

The Raiders were not pleased that Brown, who looked so good during practice, felt that he needed an MRI on a then-ailing hamstring, according to sources. They felt like he was "trying to pull one over on us," according to one source.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27566034/ab-eyed-advice-expedite-raiders-exit

Edited by DigInBoys

40 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

It would be rather funny if some hotshot prosecutor in CA tried to push a case against Brown for two party consent over the phone recording, and that a raiders season ticket holder who also happens to be the presiding judge on the case, found him guilty, then proceeded to sentence him to weekends confinement for the next 20+ weekends.

A judge getting himself disbarred for conflict of interest would be pretty funny.