Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

Just now, Tony7188 said:

My top draft prospects for Dallas at #17:

1. Grant Delpit S - I believe he's nearly as talented as Jamal Adams and would come cheap on a rookie contract. With the right coaching to fix his tackling issues, Delpit could be a great safety. I doubt he'll be there at #17 for us to select.

2. Derrick Brown DT - This guy was the first DT since Suh that shocked me when watching his tape. Just the type of player we need in the interior of our defense. Probably a top 10 pick.

3. Javon Kinlaw DT - Another disruptive 300 lb. DT that flashes huge potential. Kinlaw will most likely be there at #17 for us to take.

4. Derrick McKinney S - I'm not as high on him as I am Delpit, but he's a nice safety. Solid in all areas and can take the ball away. His best fit would probably be SS, as he's great vs. the run. Reminds me of a better Landon Collins. 

Dark Horse pick for #17:

5. Albert Okwuegbunam TE - This team has got to move on from Jason Witten. Albert O would come in and help Dak tremendously. At 6'5, he can outjump/block out DBs, and he has the speed to outrun LBs. Some would consider this a reach and even though safety is the #1 need imo, I would love this pick.

4 top picks on 2 positions? That's a big risk.

23 hours ago, Northland said:

Wasn't Spears an end?  We had two first rounders.  Parcells wanted Spears with our first pick but was convinced to take Ware.  He got Spears with his second first rounder.  I'm sure Spears was a DE in Parcells 3-4 and played end for most of his career.

5T. He would be a DT, probably a 1T in our current scheme. 

He was never an edge rusher

17 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

4 top picks on 2 positions? That's a big risk.

Great 4 top picks, please not a TE with wild card pick, hey the Cowboys don't use Jarwin as much as they should. I would either go with another WR or a LT. Those are 2 areas that are going need upgrade with Smith's injury concerns and Austin, Cobb and Cooper free agents.

Did a mock

Tag Dak
Re-sign Cooper & Jones 

1.20 (via JAX): Javon Kinlaw DT, South Carolina
2.49: Xavier McKinney S, Alabama
3.73 (via JAX): Kenny Willekes DE, Michigan State
3.81: Tyler Johnson WR, Minnesota 
4.113: Leki Fotu DT, Utah 
5.148 (via PHI): Damon Arnette CB, Ohio State 
6.184 (via NE): Harrison Bryant TE, Florida Atlantic 
7.212 (via NE): Sam Ehlinger QB, Texas