Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

No opinion yet. Haven’t checked out a lot of prospects, only a few that have been getting Cowboys buzz so far.

I've seen some of Oklahoma's games this year and Gallimore does bring the pressure on the inside but with a new regime coming will he be a fit with the scheme

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

Good news.  I think my Draft man crush this year is Kinlaw.

He's my front runner right now. I would normally kick myself in the nads for thinking DT in the first, but with a new coaching staff, hope springs eternal.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

He's my front runner right now. I would normally kick myself in the nads for thinking DT in the first, but with a new coaching staff, hope springs eternal.

A lot of things can and will change come draft day but I think we may have a shot at him.  If he tests and interviews well he will be gone.  We will see a run on wr, ot, and 3 QBs will go assuming Tua declares.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:59 PM, Tony7188 said:

My top draft prospects for Dallas at #17:

1. Grant Delpit S - I believe he's nearly as talented as Jamal Adams and would come cheap on a rookie contract. With the right coaching to fix his tackling issues, Delpit could be a great safety. I doubt he'll be there at #17 for us to select.

2. Derrick Brown DT - This guy was the first DT since Suh that shocked me when watching his tape. Just the type of player we need in the interior of our defense. Probably a top 10 pick.

3. Javon Kinlaw DT - Another disruptive 300 lb. DT that flashes huge potential. Kinlaw will most likely be there at #17 for us to take.

4. Derrick McKinney S - I'm not as high on him as I am Delpit, but he's a nice safety. Solid in all areas and can take the ball away. His best fit would probably be SS, as he's great vs. the run. Reminds me of a better Landon Collins. 

Dark Horse pick for #17:

5. Albert Okwuegbunam TE - This team has got to move on from Jason Witten. Albert O would come in and help Dak tremendously. At 6'5, he can outjump/block out DBs, and he has the speed to outrun LBs. Some would consider this a reach and even though safety is the #1 need imo, I would love this pick.

a safety with tackling issues at 17?? he better be a great center fielder then.

Dallas Cowboys — The front office is currently wrapped up in figuring out who the head coach will be, but the word on the scouting streets is that Dallas is eyeing safeties and defensive tackles with pick No. 17. Said one scout who works in the area but not for the Cowboys, "Don't be surprised if they're a trade-back team since they really don't have a ton of needs."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869444-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-team-by-team-2020-nfl-draft-insider-buzz

• Like 1

Green Bay 1st rd picks during McCarthy's tenure.

2006 A. J. Hawk LB Ohio State

2007 Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

2008—No pick——[gg]

2009 B. J. Raji DT Boston College

2009 Clay Matthews III LB Southern California 

2010 Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

2011 Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State

2012 Nick Perry DE Southern California

2013 Datone Jones DE UCLA

2014 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Alabama

2015 Damarious Randall S Arizona State

2016 Kenny Clark NT UCLA

2017—No pick——[tj]

2018 Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

Not saying it's going to change anything in Dallas, but this may at least provide a glimmer of hope. 

I suppose on the bright side McCarthy being hired this early that means he will have plenty of time to prepare for the draft and offseason. 

I hope he takes full advantage of the work and counsel that McClay bring the the war room. If he does that and allow Moore to continue to grow, I think we can take full advantage of the talent we have here and add new ones. 

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1