Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

11 minutes ago, D82 said:

Has Woods really done anything to warrant a big contract? I mean...he played pretty good last year, but like...big money good? Not really.

Well, if he's big money good, he's definitely gone. Dallas doesn't want to set the market like that. They prefer to stay behind the curve.  

My guess is 2021 season, the secondary probably goes thru a 100% turnover. 

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, if he's big money good, he's definitely gone. Dallas doesn't want to set the market like that. They prefer to stay behind the curve.  

My guess is 2021 season, the secondary probably goes thru a 100% turnover. 

So what you are saying is @Texas_OutLaw7 plan of going Henderson/Winfield 1 and 2 is the way we should go? Lock up a cheap secondary for 5 years?

FWIW I'd love for Brown to fall to us...but I have no desire to reach in the trenches simply because I prefer investing in that position. 

I'm heavy on team Ruggs despite WR (and offense as a whole) is not a need. But best player and talented players can. Play for my team. 

1. Brown*

2. Ruggs*

3. Kinlaw*

4. Henderson

* I expect these players to be gone before 17. 

42 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

somewhere @plan9misfit is twitching right now as you typed that

It makes me want to vomit. As I’ve said many times, you can have the best secondary on Earth, but it’ll be meaningless without a solid, consistent pass rush and a d-line capable of stopping the run.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

And Taco's combine was infinitely better than AJ's. 

Anyway you slice it, the combine cost him a ton of money. Significant doubt he goes day 1 now.

Ok by me.  I was on the fence about taking him at #17 before the combine.  From a pure pass rusher perspective,  Curtis Weaver is better imo.

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

28 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

@plan9misfit - I noticed in another thread you have A.J. Epenesa  as one of your top 5 gets. How little stock do you put into his horrific combine testing? Or do you think there were mitigating factors?

Epenesa didn't do himself any favors at the combine.  He was one of the players I wanted to see but I came away disappointed.  But at the end of the day what the heck do I know?

24 minutes ago, Northland said:

Epenesa didn't do himself any favors at the combine.  He was one of the players I wanted to see but I came away disappointed.  But at the end of the day what the heck do I know?

Really doesn't change what I think of him as a top 10 draft pick but if theres anything I know about teams and combines is that they tend to overthink a lot of let players slide when they totally shouldn't have based on tape alone.

He might actually do a Derwin James type of slide which means we actually have a shot now. Fingers crossed.

We have some really really good options across all positions lined up at 17. Maybe Esp, HR3, Delpit, Kinlaw maybe, most of them are semi realistic minus Kinlaw I think.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

56 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Really doesn't change what I think of him as a top 10 draft pick but if theres anything I know about teams and combines is that they tend to overthink a lot of let players slide when they totally shouldn't have based on tape alone.

He might actually do a Derwin James type of slide which means we actually have a shot now. Fingers crossed.

We have some really really good options across all positions lined up at 17. Maybe Esp, HR3, Delpit, Kinlaw maybe, most of them are semi realistic minus Kinlaw I think.

I don't see how it doesn't impact your view at all. When is the last time an nonathletic rusher was successful at the pro-level?

Much like I over-value 40 times for CBs...I also need to see some explosion from EDGE players as you see a decent correlation between that and chance to hit.