Sunday Night Football - Steelers @ Patriots

Dome

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

We may be down by 20... But there's no distractions or drama in the locker room... /s

There are plenty of things to knock the Steelers for, but not sure why you keep bringing this up. We were never going to work things out with Brown or Bell.

10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

There's really only one way I can see the Patriots being stopped... quick, someone get Gettleman to trade Eli to the Bears.

We're sleeping on Joe Flacco being in Denver.

The trouble is that they'd ideally it'd be @Devner so the rest of the league needs to tank the regular season games against them so they get homefield.

Just now, rackcs said:

This is a bad take. Brown forced his way out. Bell wanted more money than we were willing to give. It's not like we chose to get rid of them to reduce distractions. This is nonsense.

Brown did force his way out, after management and the fans very clearly took Ben Roethlisberger’s side. And that’s absolutely fair to take Ben’s side as he’s won 2 Super Bowls for this franchise. But I refuse to act like the franchise was completely innocent even though Brown ultimately did what he wanted to get to a team he felt gave him a better chance to win a Super Bowl.

Bell wanted more money. The team had money. I understand he had been pinched for weed but we gambled and lost.

I’m sorry, Brown and Bell were issues in and of themselves but I refuse to see the franchise as infallible just because we’re the mighty Steelers.

10 minutes ago, Small Town Values said:

You know. I'd love to see this. 

NFL teams agreeing to trade Eli to whatever team plays the Patriots that week.

It will work until the trade deadline, he'll be released with a plan to sign with the next Patriots opponent (and repeating this process) but will instead sign with the Patriots unexpectedly, playing backup to Brady and throwing him a TD pass on a double QB  trick play in the Super Bowl. 

7 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth have been absolutely off tonight. Misnaming Steelers players all game and now saying we're in New England's division...

Could be worse. The announcer in the Arizona game kept calling Kyler Murray "Tyler Murray." That would be like these guys calling Big Ben "Lynn Roethlisberger."

1 minute ago, Dome said:

NFL teams agreeing to trade Eli to whatever team plays the Patriots that week.

It will work until the trade deadline, he'll be released with a plan to sign with the next Patriots opponent (and repeating this process) but will instead sign with the Patriots unexpectedly, playing backup to Brady and throwing him a TD pass on a double QB  trick play in the Super Bowl. 

Or, you know, in the next CBA they just create the "Eli Exemption" which makes Eli not applicable to silly things like a trade deadline.  They have the votes among both the players union and owners to push this through if they really want to.

Archived