Sunday Night Football - Steelers @ Patriots

Dome

2 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

i said this in the steelers forum

i do not believe the problem was juju not being able to step up and be AB, but rather it was that moncrief couldn’t setup up and be juju

the upshot of this of course being that juju wasn’t able to do what AB did to you guys last year, not as such because he is not good enough, but because the guys below him weren’t good enough to ease the pressure on him

and you can pretty much see this by the fact gilmore was able to have his way with him, plus just as a general rule the fact that our offense as a whole wasn’t able to get going mainly due to those depth guys like moncrief sucking ***, essentially i don’t think it’s fair to compare juju to AB last year given AB had juju to take heat off him and vice versa, whereas i don’t see donte moncrief taking heat of juju... here’s hoping that diontae and washington develop 

The problem was also Ben missing receivers by a mile tbh

Moncreif was obvi trash but game could’ve been much closer if Ben was sharp

• Like 1

7 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Dear Jimmy Fallon,

I don't care about the Tonight Show and in particular I don't want to watch you. I do not think you are funny or entertaining and your success is a mystery to me. Sincerely,

A Football Fan

He's better than that idiot hypocrite Kimmel and Colbert.

Anyways, Dorsett is probably going to be the best #4 WR in the league, so that's cool.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Anyways, Dorsett is probably going to be the best #4 WR in the league, so that's cool.

Its sad how far late night programming has fallen.

I just watch old clips of Late Night with Conan and old school SNL and MadTV when I get nostalgic.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Big Ben will talk about retiring and point fingers.

Ben blames himself far more often than he points fingers.    Try again.

13 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

I see a big collapse coming

Not impossible, but we have garbage games like this pretty much every year where people claim this.    Steelers usually bounce back.   Time will tell.

47 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Colbert at least is clever. Or he has clever people writing his gags for him. Or he did during The Colbert Report which was the last time I watched him. On Kimmel, we agree.

The Steelers seemed to have some rust on them, like most teams, whereas the Patriots just picked up where they left off. Did Pittsburgh stick to playing man coverage this time? And if they did, how come it didn't work for them?

5 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Everyone complained about the Warriors were bad for the NBA, yet crickets when people claim the Patriots are bad for the NFL

Brady and Belichick have essentially made the NFL a one team league and people are fine with it?

dynasties SUCK

2 hours ago, CKS97 said:

🙄

Brady is boring

Says the broken record 

5 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Everyone complained about the Warriors were bad for the NBA, yet crickets when people claim the Patriots are bad for the NFL

Brady and Belichick have essentially made the NFL a one team league and people are fine with it?

dynasties SUCK

The Patriots are beatable year in and year out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

I don’t think the Steelers defense was that bad last night its just that the offense left them out there to dry. Juju is good but it’s clear he can’t carry that offense alone, the guys that were asked to step up clearly did not. Specially moncrief who had like 5 drops and just 7 total yards, his contribution amounted to just inches worth offense. Ben looked over the hill too but none of his WRs stepped up to the challenge. Truth is and I know Steeler fans don’t want to hear this but they just didn’t have Antonio Brown to bail them out anymore. He could literally jump start that offense and that’s just not there anymore. They are not explosive.  It’s week one but the Steelers just need to find their identity on the offensive side of the ball. Tomlin actually needs step up and teach this unit how to be successful.

Brown and LeVeon Bell jump started the offense. Both gone.

6 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Are these Patriots defensive players actually good or are they just D+ players propped up by Belichick?

I would seek answers by starting an updated thread on this subject. Especially since a lot has changed since then.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 3