Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

9 hours ago, TheChad said:

More and more lately I've been thinking that it actually doesn't matter much who we draft/sign. If we had have drafted Mahomes, he'd have busted. If Sanchez had McVay, he'd probably be a pro bowler. Does anyone really think we'd have had all of our kicking woes if Mike Westhoff was still our special teams coach? Coaching makes the player more than I think we tend to credit it. And we just haven't had a good offensive staff in...forever.

I just hope we don't ruin Darnold.

I 100% agree with the coaching makes players theory. However, I’m not ready to write off Gase just yet. Players are sticking up for him. That wasn’t the case last year for Bates. 

I think the OL is a big issue and it’s not allowing us to judge our coaches and skill players. 

I also think the QB matters a ton for protection. As soon as Brady came out of the game yesterday, the pass rush seem to have life. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Polite released by the Seahawks. No surprise, but I was told by a former teammate of his at Florida that he's a really good dude who simply doesn't give a ****, like at all. Said he used to live by the "green diet" to cut weight, weed and salad. 

Who the hell smokes weed and wants to eat salad?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Our picks are valuable right now. 

I'm a bit on the fence about making a trade for this reason too. However, I'm also concerned that the state of our OL is going to get Darnold hurt or harm his development. The David Carr treatment. In that sense, getting a serviceable OL sooner rather than later would be a big plus.

• Like 2

What would it realistically take to get Williams? Would a 3rd and 3rd next year do it? 

Or would anyone see if they’d do a Williams-Williams trade straight up? Not sure what their d-line is like but it didn’t get much pressure from what I saw last night...so Leo would fit right in 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xenajets said:

What would it realistically take to get Williams? Would a 3rd and 3rd next year do it? 

Or would anyone see if they’d do a Williams-Williams trade straight up? Not sure what their d-line is like but it didn’t get much pressure from what I saw last night...so Leo would fit right in 😂

Williams for Williams would be highway robbery for us. That’s a deal I’d make in a heartbeat 

I’d probably give up a 3 for Williams at this point though, assuming there’s no health risks