Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

More and more lately I've been thinking that it actually doesn't matter much who we draft/sign. If we had have drafted Mahomes, he'd have busted. If Sanchez had McVay, he'd probably be a pro bowler. Does anyone really think we'd have had all of our kicking woes if Mike Westhoff was still our special teams coach? Coaching makes the player more than I think we tend to credit it. And we just haven't had a good offensive staff in...forever.

I just hope we don't ruin Darnold.

5 minutes ago, TheChad said:

More and more lately I've been thinking that it actually doesn't matter much who we draft/sign. If we had have drafted Mahomes, he'd have busted. If Sanchez had McVay, he'd probably be a pro bowler. Does anyone really think we'd have had all of our kicking woes if Mike Westhoff was still our special teams coach? Coaching makes the player more than I think we tend to credit it. And we just haven't had a good offensive staff in...forever.

I just hope we don't ruin Darnold.

100% and we are still nowhere close to being good. 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Anyone else surprised that Daniel Jones looked better yesterday than Darnold has in any of his starts?  It’s all about culture, coaching and surrounding talent. I’m starting to lose faith that any QB can succeed here. 

Someone please talk me off the ledge!!!

This just isnt true. Darnold look great the last 4 games last year.

17 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Anyone else surprised that Daniel Jones looked better yesterday than Darnold has in any of his starts?  It’s all about culture, coaching and surrounding talent. I’m starting to lose faith that any QB can succeed here. 

You clearly didn’t watch Darnold vs Green Bay or Houston last year

your concerns are valid

22 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

That and playing against Tampa.

3 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

You guys are right. Heading into the season it was just cool to feel we were the NY team heading in the right direction for the first time in awhile. Then yesterday’s games were a crusher. 

Thanks for the reality slap. Go Jets. 

Those were your own expectations. 

Most of us knew Macc built a terrible roster and things would have to go perfect to win games. We’ve just had bad luck.