Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yannick Ngakoue is someone I want us to jump on. I think he's great for the 34 OLB spot. 

The drafting of Josh Allen might allow him to hit the market but they did open up some money with the Ramsey deal.

If he does hit the market he should definitely be a target for us. He’ll come cheaper than someone like Clowney.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

look at this idiot’s reaction when he gets called on the BS lol

was my favorite player...i honestly cant stand him now. so long as he is in green i will root for him and cheer him on, but unless he absolutely cleans up his act, i hope we trade him. take the 1 and 3. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

was my favorite player...i honestly cant stand him now. so long as he is in green i will root for him and cheer him on, but unless he absolutely cleans up his act, i hope we trade him. take the 1 and 3. 

Yeah it’s getting harder to root for him. You see the arrogance in his demeanor when certain things are said. It’s hurtful in a way because I never thought he’d behave like this. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

look at this idiot’s reaction when he gets called on the BS lol

I do have a problem with him publically saying he's not talking to JD and Gase, but I don't have a problem with anything else. CJ really does connect with his players and has been with Adams for years. Of course you're going to go to the person you know first. But it seems like he's cool now and it's over. The only issue in all this that he is telling the world. 

51 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I do have a problem with him publically saying he's not talking to JD and Gase, but I don't have a problem with anything else. CJ really does connect with his players and has been with Adams for years. Of course you're going to go to the person you know first. But it seems like he's cool now and it's over. The only issue in all this that he is telling the world. 

So here is the issue I have with how CJ handled this.  He is the leader of the organization and by him ONLY meeting with Jamal he has condoned his behavior and the fact he refused to sit down with the HC and GM. Lack of leadership by CJ and he just undercut his HC and GM.  Think of one parent not holding the line with a child vs the other parent.

CJ should have reach out and said Jamal - you, me, Joe and Adam are having a meeting at XX time.  See you there.  Then CJ should have ironed all this out in that meeting.  

This is the clear problem with the Jets as an organization. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

So here is the issue I have with how CJ handled this.  He is the leader of the organization and by him ONLY meeting with Jamal he has condoned his behavior and the fact he refused to sit down with the HC and GM. Lack of leadership by CJ and he just undercut his HC and GM.  Think of one parent not holding the line with a child vs the other parent.

CJ should have reach out and said Jamal - you, me, Joe and Adam are having a meeting at XX time.  See you there.  Then CJ should have ironed all this out in that meeting.  

This is the clear problem with the Jets as an organization. 

This is more of an employee having problems with his new supervisor and going to the store manager he has known for a while to clear the air and figure out how to handle the situation. CJ hearing someone out doesn't mean he is undercutting anyone. CJ is the one who sealed the deal for Gase and then brought in JD. CJ probably pushed for Adams to go talk to them. We don't know what was said but Adams seem to be cool and will eventually talk to Gase and JD.  

CJ is the one who met with players like Demario Davis and others to talk about the political issues happening off the field and was supportive. So when Adams said he knows CJ doesn't just care about him as a football player, but also as a person, you have to realize there is a real connection there between him and the players. I don't have a problem with their meeting at all. It's working and I'm sure the next step will be for the big meeting. 

Its good to see that the owner is respected, but the player is still acting like a complete child. Nothing about what Adams did was professional. Teenage girls flock to social media to b*tch about their problems to the world. Jamal should honestly be embarrassed. If you are a player in that locker room, how do you feel good about this guy wearing a C on his chest. You dont do all of this unless you want out. He clearly does its not all that difficult to figure out. Play out the season and hopefully Douglas grants him his wish.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Its good to see that the owner is respected, but the player is still acting like a complete child. Nothing about what Adams did was professional. Teenage girls flock to social media to b*tch about their problems to the world. Jamal should honestly be embarrassed. If you are a player in that locker room, how do you feel good about this guy wearing a C on his chest. You dont do all of this unless you want out. He clearly does its not all that difficult to figure out. Play out the season and hopefully Douglas grants him his wish.

I can't blame people four souring on Adams, but this is where I completely disagree.

Players don't give a crap about this stuff, if anything, they're going to side with Jamaal over management. Unless the player is so blatantly out of line (AB) this type of altercation isn't going to fracture relationships in the locker room. Guys have witnessed the type of energy, passion, and commitment that Adams pours into this game/organization on a daily basis and aren't going to turn on him for speaking out against Joe Douglas amidst trade rumors. 

His actions warrant this type of response from fans but the reality is it most likely hasn't changed his reputation in the locker room. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I can't blame people four souring on Adams, but this is where I completely disagree.

Players don't give a crap about this stuff, if anything, they're going to side with Jamaal over management. Unless the player is so blatantly out of line (AB) this type of altercation isn't going to fracture relationships in the locker room. Guys have witnessed the type of energy, passion, and commitment that Adams pours into this game/organization on a daily basis and aren't going to turn on him for speaking out against Joe Douglas amidst trade rumors. 

His actions warrant this type of response from fans but the reality is it most likely hasn't changed his reputation in the locker room. 

Agreed.    Jamal Adams was just upset that Joe Douglas "thought" low of him. Because playing football on the field is his top priority he won't quit on team at all. If he still whines about trade talk after the season then be my guest and move him for whatever.

Bell and Robby going through being subject of trade talk in their past is why they handle the trade talk well today.  Adams just dealt with being a subject of trade talk for first time. Let him process and heal this suffering with time. He will recover.  Worry about him being unquestionable character when contract is up in the air.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

This is more of an employee having problems with his new supervisor and going to the store manager he has known for a while to clear the air and figure out how to handle the situation. CJ hearing someone out doesn't mean he is undercutting anyone. CJ is the one who sealed the deal for Gase and then brought in JD. CJ probably pushed for Adams to go talk to them. We don't know what was said but Adams seem to be cool and will eventually talk to Gase and JD.  

CJ is the one who met with players like Demario Davis and others to talk about the political issues happening off the field and was supportive. So when Adams said he knows CJ doesn't just care about him as a football player, but also as a person, you have to realize there is a real connection there between him and the players. I don't have a problem with their meeting at all. It's working and I'm sure the next step will be for the big meeting. 

Adams did not go to CJ.  CJ went to Adams.  

As CEO of my own company, I would never call a meeting with an employee without his/her direct supervisor if there were strife between the two and to discuss such.  You under cut your executive management and embolden insubordination by your employees.  Adams refusing to meet with the HC and GM is insubordination.  CJ did the wrong thing and should have had the GM and HC in the meeting, cleared the air among them and ensured a positive outcome.  

Edited by JetsFan15

25 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Adams did not go to CJ.  CJ went to Adams.  

As CEO of my own company, I would never call a meeting with an employee without his/her direct supervisor if there were strife between the two and to discuss such.  You under cut your executive management and embolden insubordination by your employees.  Adams refusing to meet with the HC and GM is insubordination.  CJ did the wrong thing and should have had the GM and HC in the meeting, cleared the air among them and ensured a positive outcome.  

I agree with this. He’s an employee of the jets. His bosses are CJ, JD and Gase in that order. Name me a job in the world where you can get pissed at your 2 Direct supervisors and can decide to not talk to them for days and still be employed?

• Like 2