Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Lamar Jackson is turning out to be the best QB in the 2018 draft, Josh Allen, Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold are all struggling big time. Darnold by far has the least talent around him, One of the reason the Jets hired Gase, because he was supposed to be great with QB's. I like to know who started that rumor. Because Darnold has regressed under Gase.

Kind of sad when our only thrill of the day is watching Jackson tear up the Pats defensive, especially after they shut us out 30 to 0.

Edited by doumeyer

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Lamar Jackson is turning out to be the best QB in the 2018 draft, Josh Allen, Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold are all struggling big time. Darnold by far has the least talent around him, One of the reason the Jets hired Gase, because he was supposed to be great with QB's. I like to know who started that rumor. Because Darnold has regressed under Gase.

Kind of sad when our only thrill of the day is watching Jackson tear up the Pats defensive, especially after they shut us out 30 to 0.

Josh Allen is winning games. Hard to say he's struggling. Is he slinging it for 330yds 3 tds a game? No. But he's winning.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Josh Allen is winning games. Hard to say he's struggling. Is he slinging it for 330yds 3 tds a game? No. But he's winning.

Allen is winning because Buffalo is using the old model we used with Sanchez. Solid OL and great defense. Then a conservative offense based on running  the ball and asking the QB to manage the game. We had success but then we let a lot of vets go and failed to surround Sanchez with talent. Turns out he wasn’t good enough to carry a team and the rest is history. I think Sam has more potential and am praying that JD gets him some help thus off season. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Allen is winning because Buffalo is using the old model we used with Sanchez. Solid OL and great defense. Then a conservative offense based on running  the ball and asking the QB to manage the game. We had success but then we let a lot of vets go and failed to surround Sanchez with talent. Turns out he wasn’t good enough to carry a team and the rest is history. I think Sam has more potential and am praying that JD gets him some help thus off season. 

Its a brilliant way to groom a franchise QB. At this stage Allen is quite a bit ahead of Darnold in development bc of this. My point being that to say Lamar is the only good QB in the class is just false.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Its a brilliant way to groom a franchise QB. At this stage Allen is quite a bit ahead of Darnold in development bc of this. My point being that to say Lamar is the only good QB in the class is just false.

Buffalo, is doing it the right way building a O line & strong defensive that is what the Jets did under Rex Ryan. Nobody said the Mayfield, Darnold, Allen & Rosen aren't good they are struggling right now. It wasn't to many years ago that the Jets had the best O line in their history with Brick, Faneco, Mangold, Woody, & Moore. We played in two ALF Championship games. Now we have the worst O line in our history. If Darnold had the O line that Mark Sanchez had we would not be talking about Darnold"s struggles. Looks like Lamar Jackson is the reincarnation of Michael Vick.

10 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I love picking up Canady. I was going to mock us picking him up for competition/Depth 

Yeah I like this it sounds like they really had no choice and he actually played fairly well but he missed last two games and they had to make a move and he wasn’t available to play. Time to get as many legit corners as we can before FA and draft and have 5 here next year that can all play and step up when injuries occur. We don’t even have a legit starter on the outside this year. Poole is a keeper but one a one year deal I doubt he stays here in this mess.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, Bobby816 said:

Hes not winning games, he's being carried to wins. Hes on a good overall team and is not asked to do much. It's like us with Sanchez.

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah I like this it sounds like they really had no choice and he actually played fairly well but he missed last two games and they had to make a move and he wasn’t available to play. Time to get as many legit corners as we can before FA and draft and have 5 here next year that can all play and step up when injuries occur. We don’t even have a legit starter on the outside this year. Poole is a keeper but one a one year deal I doubt he stays here in this mess.

Having Canady should not make an impact on CB search for Jets. His health has been killing him in pro. Good chance that his stay won't exceed this season.

Buffalos ceiling will always be cap'd unless Allen figures out the whole passing thing. Elite defense + conservative offense + easy schedule has fueled their success this season but it isn't sustainable. 

Bears/Ravens are two teams that were in a similar situation last year. Is it possible Allen takes a massive step forward like Lamar? Sure, but I'd guess his trajectory is far more Trubisky esc.