2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

The whole MM vs MLF thing is ludicrous. Results. Plain and simple. 12 straight punts. Ugly. 

Agreed.

I do not pretend that the offense has not struggled and as the architect of the offense MLF will be held accountable if it does not improve as the season moves along (along with the GM if the talent is found lacking and the highly paid QB if he is not better).

But 2-0 is the most important result and pretending that things would somehow be better if McCarthy was still the head coach is as you say ludicrous.

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Agreed.

I do not pretend that the offense has not struggled and as the architect of the offense MLF will be held accountable if it does not improve as the season moves along (along with the GM if the talent is found lacking and the highly paid QB if he is not better).

But 2-0 is the most important result and pretending that things would somehow be better if McCarthy was still the head coach is as you say ludicrous.

I never said that. If you can't handle the comparisons - which is all that anyone is doing - then you're reaching to defend the ugliness

48 minutes ago, Howler said:

But we largely knew that heading into this season. Team is in dire need of a scheme buster. I don't think if Rodgers has ever had a player like that. Sub 4.3 type that's electric out of breaks.

Which is why I wanted Mecole Hardman, bad.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It is remarkable that a 2-0 start against the two (other) best teams in the division was borderline unthinkable 8 months ago, and yet people are unhappy.

Folks are concerned the offense is sputtering, that's all.

Kliff Kingsbury/Cardinals = 44 points

Zac Taylor/Bengals = 37 points

Freddie Kitchens/Browns = 13 points through one game, have the Jets on MNF tomorrow

Vic Fangio/Broncos = 19 points, still in the first half against the Bears

Brian Flores/Dolphins = 10 points, honestly tanking

Adam Gase/Jets = 16 points, play the Browns on MNF tomorrow

Bruce Arians/Bucs = 37 points

Obviously we've played the toughest string of defenses, but of the new HCs, through two weeks, we've outscored one team who has finished both games, and the Dolphins are honestly tanking. 

I'm not sure how much to put stock in the "new offense" argument when other teams seem to be doing roughly as well with a lot less offensive talent. 

Archived